In Tyler & Longview TX Serving 19 East Texas Counties

BBB Accredited Business since 05/27/2004

Wilson Air Conditioning, Inc.

08/08/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Inappropriate behavior by customer service personnel

Complaint: when i called to discuss the repair bills on my a/c system . the lady that i spoke with was very rude and disrespectful and hung up on me.
on 7/9/14 wilson a/c company was called to see why the system in my building was not cooling. the reason i called this company is they installed the system several years earlier. the service guy spent approx 2 hrs looking at the unit, he added approx 1 pound of freon and said it was fine and charged 134.00 and he was paid. 0n 7/15/14 they were called again because the unit was not cooling. when i spoke with the lady that answered the phone i asked her about the repair work done on the 7/9/14. she stated she was not the service guy. I asked her if there was a formen or manager i would like to speak with him , she said he was on a job and she would give him my number. needless to say no one called . the lady stated it must be a full moon because everybody was complaining about there repair bills. I informed the lady that my only issue was being charged twice for repairs that could have been made on the first service call on 7/9/14. The lady was very combative on the phone and didnt seem to care about my problems. She said they would be out to my location on 7/16/14 to see what was wrong with the unit. On 7/16/14 the service man arrived he asked how far gilmer was because he needed batteries for his freon sniffer, the service man did not leave the location. He was at the location approx 3hrs my wife was mowing the grass watching him and she noticed something spraying out of one of the copper lines. When the service man was done he handed her a bill for 170.00 and said the problem was a bad valve core, she did not pay him at this time, i told her not to until i spoke with wilson a/c concearning the service work done on this date. On 7/24/14 i called the company to discuss the repair bill, the same lady answered the phone and told her who i was and i wanted to speak with someone about the bill, she became very combative on the phone again and was very rude. I asked again if there was any one that i could to talk to and and she stated he was working in mountplesant tx. i told her i needed to speek with some one about the bill before i paid it and that if i needed to i would be very happy to come to your office to speak with some one. She hung up on me! I called back and she told me come on 'big boy' what are you going to do come up here and beat me up!. i was very shocked at this responce she stated if i didnt pay the bill they would come out and take the freon out of my unit! at this time i told the lady not to come on my property .

On July 9, 2014 we were called out to the business for a no cool. We found the unit 1# low of refrigerant. The Technician corrected the charge at that time and charged the customer $134.63. On July 16, 2014 we were called back because the unit was not cooling again. At this time the Technician performed a leak search and found the valve core leaking. He repaired the valve core leak and charged the customer $157.41 + tax for the leak search and the repair. We did not charge the customer another diagnostic charge because we were just out on the 9th. Leak searches are not always performed when the unit is only 1# low of refrigerant because of the added expense to the customer. The customer did not understand that the cost would have been the same on the first visit if we had performed the leak search and repaired the valve core leak because we did not charge for the second trip charge. Our phone conversation did become heated and I have since apologized to the customer verbally and by a written letter for my phone behavior and told him I have been with this company going on 14 years and take pride in making sure our customers are happy with our services. We have also credited the customer's account for the leak search and repair. I do hope my apology is accepted and we can continue our relationship with this customer in the future.

Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems, Heating & Air Conditioning