BBB file opened:
September 28, 1998
This business is in an industry that may require professional licensing, bonding
or registration. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain
any requirements are currently being met.
These agencies may include:
Office of Financial & Insurance Regulation
P.O. Box 30220, Lansing MI 48909-7720
Phone Number: 877-999-6442 Consumer Hotline
Fax Number: (517) 335-4978
Principal: Mr. Joe Haney, President
Alternate Business Names
BBBs do not advise consumers on which insurance program they should purchase, since everyone has different individual needs. However, before replacing one's current insurance with a policy from a different company, it would be prudent for a policyholder to:
1. Ask the representative selling replacement insurance for a written sales proposal and comparison disclosure statement, (some states require this) and a copy of the policy or policies being offered. Carefully review this information. Make sure all promises are confirmed in writing.
2. Have your present insurance agent give you a written comparison of your existing insurance with the proposed replacement insurance to assist you in determining whether it is to your advantage to switch to another insurance program.
3. Before you drop your current insurance coverage for another plan, find out if the new coverage is effective immediately. If not, you may wish to keep your current coverage at least until the new policy will pay benefits to you.
4. Always obtain a receipt from any person to whom you release your policies for review.
5. Check with your state insurance commission to make sure that the insurance underwriter or carrier and agent offering replacement insurance are licensed in your state.
6. Buy only the amount of insurance you need and can afford.