BBB Business Review
This Business is not BBB accredited
Phone: (855) 588-9868 50064 Drakes Bay Dr, Novi, MI 48374 View Additional Email Addresses
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Used entertainment products trade-in service. We provide a simple website where our customers can get a 'trade' offer for old CDs, DVDs, and Video Games. We provide free shipping and pay our customers in cash for any 'trades' they make.
On 11/22/2013 the business's accreditation from BBB was revoked.
The revocation was due to violation of BBB Accreditation Standards:
1D. Be free of an unsatisfactory rating and maintain at least a B rating at the accrediting BBB and the BBB where it is headquartered, if different.
1E. In its relationship with BBB:
- meet all applicable standards within this Code of Business Practices
- cooperate with BBB's activities and efforts to promote voluntary self-regulation within the business' industry
- honor any settlements, agreements or decisions reached as an outcome of a BBB dispute resolution process
- complete the required application and pay all monetary obligations to BBB in a timely manner
3A. Make known all material facts in both written and verbal representations, remembering that misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring relevant facts.
4C. If selling products or providing services on Web sites or via other electronic means:
- provide any required product labeling information
- disclose the nature and terms of shipping, including any known delays or shortages of stock
- provide an opportunity to review and confirm the transaction before the sale is completed
- provide a receipt summarizing the transaction after the purchase
5A. Fulfill contracts signed and agreements reached.
6B. Make a good faith effort to resolve disputes, which includes mediation if requested by BBB. Other dispute resolution options, including arbitration, may be recommended by BBB when other efforts to resolve a dispute have failed. BBB may consider a business' willingness to participate in recommended dispute resolution options in determining compliance with these standards.
This business is not BBB accredited.
Businesses are under no obligation to seek BBB accreditation, and some businesses are not accredited because they have not sought BBB accreditation.
To be accredited by BBB, a business must apply for accreditation and BBB must determine that the business meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses must pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 16 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that lowered the rating for Zumu, LLC include:
- Length of time business has been operating
- 670 complaints filed against business
- Failure to respond to 255 complaints filed against business
- 53 complaints filed against business that were not resolved
- Overall complaint history with BBB
- BBB Accreditation was revoked because the business failed to honor its accreditation agreement with BBB.
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||265|
|Total Closed Complaints||670|
Additional Complaint Information
This business began to incur a volume of complaints that was higher than usual, based on their history, in March of 20132. The business continued to be responsive to BBB, resolving all complaints through September of 2013. In October 2013, the business became unresponsive to consumer complaints. When BBB made contact with Zumu, LLC, the business indicated that it would not accept or respond to complaints forwarded by BBB in future.
As a result of both the high volume of complaints incurred and the business' refusal to accept, respond to and resolve consumer complaints from BBB, BBB revoked the BBB Accreditation of Zumu, LLC in November 2013.
Type of Entity
Limited Liability Company (LLC)
Business ManagementMs. Meridith Petriella, Manager, Customer Service
DVD sales & service Online Retailer