A Marketplace Tip from Your BBB Denver/Boulder
If you are seeking a professional carpet cleaning service, be sure to do your homework. With the many choices and advertised prices, you want to be sure you are getting your money's worth.
- To find a reputable company, ask your family, friends and neighbors who they would recommend to others.
- Price does matter. The lowest price is not always the best price. While no one wants to be overcharged, extremely low prices should also set off warning signals. Ask exactly what is included in the price and be sure to get it in writing before the crew begins any work.
- Find out what you get for your money. Just as pricing can differ from company to company, so can the services included in the price and what the company considers "extras." What type of cleaning agent does the company use and exactly how does it work? Will the cleaning company move furniture and return it to its original location? If so, is there an extra charge for this service? What about pre-treating spots and heavily soiled areas? Are there extra charges for high traffic areas?
- Inquire about the company's employees. After all, these are the people who will be coming into your home. Find out if the company uses its own employees or do they sub-contract the job out to other companies? Are they bonded and insured? Who is responsible if the crew damages the carpet or other items in your home?
- Find out what care is required after the cleaning. How long will it take to dry? What kind of ventilation is needed? Can you get a written guarantee?
- Always request a detailed, written contract and be sure that the pricing and guidelines of the job are clearly stated.
The BBB reminds all consumers to always call or click first before you buy or donate! 303-758-2100 or www.denver.bbb.org.
The Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau is a membership-based nonprofit 501(c)(6) organization dedicated to promoting and fostering the highest ethical relationship between businesses and the public through voluntary self-regulation, consumer and business education, and service excellence. Founded locally in 1951 and an active member of the Council of Better Business Bureaus (CBBB) based in Arlington, VA, the Denver/Boulder BBB offers free information to the community in addition to facilitation, mediation, and arbitration services. Along with the BBB Education Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit dedicated to consumer, business and marketplace education, the BBB provides free services every day through its automated inquiry line at 303-758-2100 and web site at www.denverbbb.org.