2012 Torch Award for Marketplace Trust
APPLICATION GUIDELINES & INFORMATION
ABOUT THE TORCH AWARD
Every year since 2003, the Denver/Boulder Better Business Bureau (BBB) Foundation honors businesses with the BBB Torch Awards for Marketplace Trust. In 2009, the competition evolved to offer the Torch Award to not just one business but to a large business, a small business and a nonprofit organization. The awards are a tribute to those who exemplify an outstanding commitment to fair, honest and ethical practices. The Torch Awards illuminate the importance of trust within all types of trade and philanthropy.
To compete, businesses must submit an extensive application that demonstrates their commitment to ethics and excellence relating to the following four criteria:
1. Management practices
2. Community/Investors/Stakeholder Relations
3. Communications and Marketing Practices
4. Industry Reputation
• At the time of the application deadline, all businesses must meet all BBB Standards for Accreditation, however, being an Accredited Business is not a requirement.
• All businesses must have been in operation for at least three years, have no unanswered complaints and have a BBB rating of a B.
• All businesses must be physically located within the service area of the BBB counties listed below:
Adams, Arapahoe, Boulder, Broomfield, Clear Creek, Denver, Douglas, Elbert, Gilpin, Jefferson, Washington, and Yuma counties in Colorado.
Applications must be received in digital format at BBB offices no later than Monday, August 29, 2012, 4 pm at:
The BBB Foundation - 2012 Torch Awards
Attention: Bonnie Chipman
1020 Cherokee Street
Denver, CO 80204
Please contact Bonnie Chipman if you have any questions about the application:
303.996.3997 / email@example.com
Click here for the full application for a Small or Large Business.
Click here for the full application for a Nonprofit Organization.