BBB Accredited Business since 11/15/2004

Long Natural Health

04/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After informing Long Natural Health of personal tragedies, and being told to "take our time", the business failed to honor the promised replacements.
On Friday, March 15 I received a telephone message from the Long Natural Health office personnel, *****, informing me that the "case" involving the 2 bottles of therazyme pan, which contained defective product, would be closed. Given the fact that we were on the road returning from yet another funeral involving my same family who had experienced a loss only 2 weeks earlier--sister of the pre-deceased, suffice it to say that the message from the office was untimely. It was unprofessional and callous. Obviously, we had been informed of the death in the days preceding the actual funeral, so the impact of the double loss in the same family was quite fresh and shocking. So answering a phone call during a funeral or making a return phone call to the Long Natural Health office by an arbitrary deadline, the day after the funeral, was not foremost in my mind.

The office stated that it had never received any other complaints about the product--stated by someone who has only worked there 1-2 months--and that our complaint was out of the ordinary. (THe defective product contained substance or enzymes at the bottom of the container which should have been in the capsules. Since accuracy and precision is critical in the case of diabetics, this manufacturing defect--which occured in more than one order--was too risky to overlook.) To the contrary, I purchased the product from another supplier for quite some time before buying from Long Natural Health. Second, the prior company had a standing policy about returning defective therazyme products--I became a customer of Long Natural Health because the doctor no longer carried the product and actually, his rate was substantially cheaper than Long Natural Health. Third, I was told to take my time in responding to the information request given by Long Natural Health. No one explained that my response was urgently needed to "close this case" even though Long Natural Health knew of my family's circumstances, i.e., more than 6 deaths since January and your office personnel stated to me, "take your time"?

The office personnel provided insults which really was not necessary. If there is anything that I value and my father feels the same way as he is a bishop and a minister of more than 50 years, it is my character. ***** suggested Therazyme has never produced any defective merchandise. And, that I'm the only complaint their office has ever had.

simply fulfill their promise to exhange the 2 bottles of therazyme pan (180 count).

Long Natural Health is always willing to work with clients to ensure they have the best and freshest products from our office and our manufacturers. In this case, we simply needed to hear back from the client so we could move forward with the replacement. The guidelines for replacing the Thera-Zyme Pan are set by the manufacturer, and our business was simply following those standards.
Now that we have spoken with the customer and have arranged the date of pickup for damaged products, we have arranged the replacement with the manufacturer, resolving this matter.
We value this customer's business very much and hope to continue doing business together in the future.

Vitamins & Food Supplements, Holistic Practitioners