In Denver & Boulder, Colorado

Sea to Ski Vacations

42 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 12 closed in last 12 months

02/25/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Advertisement misrepresented a service

Complaint: (1) Postcard stated we were to receive free round trip airfare for two and 2 night hotel stay which was false. (2) We were told we would save 50%-70% on an Alaskan cruise (with balcony) and if we took two such cruises we would be saving the amount of our membership ($4,995). Upon comparing prices with the same cruise line, Sea to Ski only offered a savings of $1,000 (and possibly up to $400 rebate). We were told Sea to Ski was a broker and this is false. (we are mailing copies of contract, etc.)

We believe there was misrepresentation and possible fraud involved. *****, who made the presentation supposedly for Sea to Ski, misrepresented the truth to us. He is actually with Vacation Connect. (we are mailing a more detailed list of misrepresentations)

We are sorry to hear that you feel misrepresented. Sea To Ski goes great lengths to protect the consumer with our Membership Agreements.As stated in your complaint your issue is with Vacation Connect as the person who you believe misrepresented you works for that independent distributor. We will place a call on your behalf alerting them to your complaint but we have no legal way to assist you. Please read over your consumer docs as it is in writing and signed by all our Members to protect you at the point of sale. If there is anything we can do to assist please call our office at 8770 840-6400

From: ************** (mailto:******************)
Sent: Monday, December 24, 2012 10:27 AM
To: Better Business Bureau
Subject: Re: BBB Complaint Case#********(Ref#****************************)

Please find the attached contract on Sea to Ski letterhead signed by ************* as
Manager.
*************************

see pdf

Please contact your distributor as we have on your behalf. Sea To Ski is the travel fulfillment entity not the sales entity. All monetary consideration is via your distributor.

01/28/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation misrepresented the service

Complaint: Sea to ski promised a free cruise that would leave
the U.S. and also free airefare anywhere in the
U.S. I did not receive this offer.
Sea to ski signed my wife and I to do their travel
service under false pretenses. We were told that
we would receive the free cruise and air fare no
matter if we signed up or not. This false sense of
security was our main reason for joining their
club. They misrepresented themselves and we
unfortunatelty were taken in.

Sea To Ski does not offer gifts or free airline tickets. Please contact the distributor that offered you these. If you have anything in writing to the contrary please forward to us immediately so I may assist you. If we can be of any assistance please give us a call at our corporate office.

10/29/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: False or unsubstantiated claims in advertisement

Complaint: Company offered 2 free round trip air fares and free hotel stay for attending presentation. Sales rep indicated no restrictions. Costs were $250.
Received postcard promising 2 free roundtrip airfares (American Airlines) and a free 3 night hotel stay for attending a presentation by Sea to Ski. Sales rep on phone stated that there were no restrictions on flight cities and flights to Salt Lake City were included.
Attended presentation, declined to purchase vacation plan.
Received voucher from sales rep, who claimed he didn't read the "small print". The airfares did not include flights to Salt Lake City, but only a limited number of cities. To receive the airline reservation form I was required to pay a $50 processing fee and additonal $200 per person for hotel taxes, airline taxes and other fees. In additon reservations required a minimum of 90 days advance notice and check in was limited to Monday and Tuesday only. The "free" hotel reservation required additional fees, including a Friday/Saturday surcharge. Contrary to what was stated on the initial post card and explained by 2 phone sales reps, there were significant costs and restrictions on this offer. To me this constitutes deceptive sales practices at best and outright fraud at worst.

Sea To Ski is a travel agency and we do not offer gifts or do presentations. Please direct your complaint to the proper company. Thank you.

In the presentation, Sea to Ski Vacations indicated that the firm was the second largest travel broker in the world. Either someone else is using their name or the response is bogus. I was not going to write out a $9000 check to find out what the real name was. The presentation was at the Double Tree Hotel in Cary, NC, and the slides referred to the firm as Sea to Ski Vacations.

A salesman you had just met that does not represent us said something about our company and you believed it?
If we can assist you with anything please call us at*************.

09/28/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation did not disclose complete pricing information

Complaint: We were promised 2 Free tickets without restrictions or charges other than national blackout dates. We did not receive that AT ALL!
My wife and I received a card in the mail stating that we would receive 2 Free Delta Tickets if we would just attend a presentation on a Travel Company. The card stated that it was NOT a Time Share presentation (which it wasn't).

I called the phone number on the card and the woman named **** (ext. ***) told me about the presentation. I asked her after she finished telling me about the location if this was one of those "give us 3 dates, and 3 locations" type of things and she said "absolutely not... you get 2 tickets on Delta just for attending this presentation which they will give you at the end of the presentation." I asked her a second time.. "Are you SURE? I have been to lots of presentations like this and the end result is they give you a card that makes you choose dates and times and there are lots of blackouts and restrictions." **** assured me a second time, "No sir, this is nothing like that. This company would just like to earn your business and for the opportunity to present to you, they are offering these free tickets. There is a very limited number of people this is being presented to, and you were chosen in your area."

Hesitantly, I made the reservation for yesterday (Wednesday, September 5th, 2012 at 4:30 pm).

When my wife and I arrived, we were greeted by a young man and woman who gave us paperwork to fill out. Because it said on the paperwork that we were responsible for taxes and handling charges,...I asked the young man.."How much are the handling charges? Is this one of those things where I have to give 3 dates, 3 locations and have blackout restrictions galore?" He said, "no sir, not at all. There are no real "handling charges", you just have to pay to have the letter mailed via Certified Mail and then your tickets will be mailed to you. The ONLY blackout dates are just the national holidays that you can't fly on."

I asked AGAIN.. "so there are no other charges or blackout dates other than what you just told me." He said, "no sir, we just want the opportunity to earn your business, and this is our way of thanking you."

Jumping ahead after the 2 hour presentation that we sat through (that was supposed to only be 90 minutes).... we were finally allowed to leave after saying this wasn't right for us about 10 times, and then ****** came back in with a folder and said, "Here are your tickets... there are some rules and stuff that you will have to read, cause I don't have my glasses on."

Needless to say, everything we were told was completely false! Blackout dates galore, you have to pick 3 dates and 3 locations, you have to pay $100, you have not control over when or where you go...etc.

I then called their office in Colorado and was told by a woman that I would have to contact the third party that sent out the invitations. I told her.."but it was an invite to YOUR company's presentation, and the fulfillment comes for your office."

She said, "If you give me your name and number, I will have someone call you back today to try and resolve this."

I got a call while I was out at lunch and not able to answer my phone and ******** left a voice mail that said,.."If this is in regards to the travel vouchers, there is nothing I can do to assist you."

We did not promise you anything. Contact the company that made you the offer. Sea To Ski does not do presentationd and offer gifts.

All the paperwork we signed, and the copy of the voucher paper work we have has the Sea to Ski logo spread all over it. How can you say you don't do presentations when it is a sales pitch for your company! It absolutely is Sea to Ski and I contacted the 'third party' and they said that i had to contact the corporate office for Sea to Ski. Therefore, you are responsible for the actions and for what these people promised! There are complaints galore on the Internet about these practices which of course I read AFTER we were scammed by Sea to Ski!

Distributors do sell our program. How they do so and what they offer is solely at their discretion. We will gladly contact them on your behalf concerning what they owe you. Please fax us what paperwork you have to 303-648-4200.

08/26/2013Problems with Product / Service
08/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: Re: Complaint about Sea to Ski Vacations, Broomfield, CO

We signed up with American Travel Planners (aka Sea to Ski Vacations) on February 11, 2013. When we attended the presentation where we became "members" for a fee of $8,470, we were told that we would get outstanding travel services from highly trained employees. ******* had tried to reach me in late February but I was away. I started to try to reach ******* ****** when I returned on March 5th. I left messages on her voice mail on March 5th and March 6th. When I called on the 7th her voice mail indicated that she would be away until the 15th. I called back and ****** ******** said that she could help me. Since we were planning a number of trips she suggested that i send her an email with the details so that she could get started right away. I sent the email later that day. Our first trip was to Hawaii in April so there were some time sensitive items on the list. I sent ****** 3 emails and called and left another voice message. To date she has still not responded. I ended up making all of the Hawaii travel arrangements myself.

I attempted to reach ******* ****** on March 15th. I continued to call for another week without being able to get through to her. On March 22 I finally called the office and asked to speak with a supervisor. I waited on hold until a women who identified herself as the manager answered the call. I asked who I was speaking with and she said ******* ******. I explained what had been going on and she said she would speak with ******. When I asked her why she hadn't called me back she got very defensive and rude saying that it's not their job to chase clients, that if a client doesn't call back they assume they are not ready. This was ridiculous given the number of times I had attempted to reach them.

I have emailed ******* numerous times asking her for the contact information for her supervisor. She refuses to provide me with this information. I sent a written complaint to the office via certified mail on April 3rd. The post office unsuccessfully attempted to deliver it on March 5th and left a notice. Sea to Ski continued to ignore the notice. On April 14th I sent an email to ******* about the letter. They picked up the letter on the April 16th. When I heard nothing from this office I emailed ******* again on May 10th. She said that the letter was in the office somewhere but had not been delivered to her yet. She said eventually it would be delivered. I still have not heard from them.

******* has now accused me of being verbally abusive to her when I called on March 22nd. I was not abusive in anyway. When you call the recorded message indicates that the call will be recorded. In my email to ******* on March 22 I asked her not to erase this recording. There is nothing on that call that I would be embarrassed by or that I would be opposed to anyone hearing.

There are three companies involved here, although I'm sure they are all related. Victory Travel in California is the group that sets up the meeting and collects the membership fee. The service is suppose to be performed by American Travel Planners in Washington DC. When you call that number you reach Sea to Ski Vacations in Colorado. I have sent certified letters to all three companies and have not received a response from anyone. I have tried to call Victory Travel numerous times and they do not pick up the phone nor do they return the call. The BBB in DC has put a warning on American Travel Planners indicating that they are not located at the given address nor are they able to find a physical address for this company. I have filed complaints with the BBB in DC and Los Angeles, California as well.

I have included a copy of the complaint that I sent to Sea to Ski (cc American Travel Planners) and Victory Travel as well as all of the follow up emails. I paid a large sum of money with the expectation of outstanding client service. I entered into the contract in good faith and was excited about it. I am disabled with severe headaches and reading or being on the computer for any length of time aggravates my condition. Planning a trip involves a lot of time on the computer. I was really looking forward to developing a long term relationship with a company that I could trust. At this point I have no interest in working with this company. I have requested a refund of my membership fee of $8,470 and have not received a response. Maybe they will look at the complaint if it is sent by you.

If you need additional information please contact me. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Mrs.******* is an abusive Member that berates our staff constantly. As a Members she is able to participate in all the benefits the Club has to offer but must do so in writing. I will not subject our employees to her rudeness and name calling again. Please let us know what travel we can book for you or how we can be of assistance.

This does not address the complaint at all. I tried to make travel arrangements with this organization. I emailed a 3 page document detailing travel needs that I wanted assistance with. I followed up for almost 3 weeks with additional emails and phone calls and got no response. I had to make the travel arrangements myself. When I finally asked to speak with a supervisor she was very rude and blamed me for the fact that the office did not get back to me. Now she has accused me of being abusive which is completely untrue. Please request a copy of the recording of that conversation.

I have requested a full refund of my membership fee of $8,470 which they have never responded to.

Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to serving you and your family in the future. Please let us know what travel we can help you with next. Have a great week.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

12/06/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation misrepresented the product

CompanyAddress: 11570 Colony Row
BusinessCity: Broomfield
BusinessZip: Colorado
BusinessZip: 80021
BusinessPhone: 877 840-6400
BusinessEmail: memberservices@seatoskivacations.com
NameOfSalesPersonOrPrincipleOfBusiness: sales where done by SkyGroup inc.
YourComplaint: At the seminar presented by Sky group who is the sales organization for Sea to Ski, I was told that by spending $8000 to join I would receive huge members only discounts on cruises. I told the representative that I was only interested in cruises and no other vacations. The rep told me I would receive huge savings every year by joining. The rep told me that Sky group was Better Business Burea accredited and the members only cruise discounts would pay for themselves. The booklet states members only pricing. All of this was not true. I called Sky group to complain. They refused to give me an email address to file a complaint with them and hung up. The website that I located for them is no longer up. They have an F rating with the BBB. I emailed Sea to Ski asking for a refund...the rep***** said that I need to complain to the escrow attorney on file. The escrow attorney is ******************************. I have left message and emailed but no one will get in contact with me from the firm.
PersonSpokenTo: ****
WhenSpokenTo: emailed back and forth this week and last
ProductOrService: discount vacation company
DatePurchased: june 14 2012
OrderContractAccountOrPolicy: member id# *****
WasTheProductOrServiceAdvertised: Yes
WhereAdvertised: received an invitation to go to a seminar run by SkyGroup
RepresentationsMade: Their book states....superior travel accomodations and a members only pricing
WhenRepresented: June 14 2012

***********Please contact your distributor for any cancellation. The BBB is no arena for issues that do not involve issues such as this. You have a time period to cancel your agreement with your dustributor. If you are within your legal right use it. This has nothing to fo with Sea To Ski Vacations.

my paperwork clearly reads MEMBERS ONLY PRICING...that IS what I read and it does include cruises on the paperwork. Your distributor with the F rating from the BBB will not deal with it and referred me to sea to ski. They do not have an email to write to and they no longer have a website. I am being bounced back and forth and no one wants to take responsibility. As I have said If you are a reputable company you will see I cannot use this service because I was misled. If you have not received money from me, as you stated...exactly who has the $8000 I paid... Sky will not give me an email address... ********************************************** will not return calls and emails. This is a run around, I was misled by the paperwork of members only pricing where right underneath it ..it reads choose from worldwide cruises and the picture of a cruise ship... WHAT is members only pricing on worldwide cruises? Since the escrow attorney and Sky won't deal with this sea to ski should do the right thing and return my money

From: A. Wunder (mailto:awunder@seatoskivacations.com)
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:19 PM
To: Better Business Bureau
Subject: (SPAM) Re: BBB Complaint Case#********(Ref#73-90143380-********-19-31110)

Yes we would like to discuss arbitration... thank you

On Sep 26, 2012 5:16 AM, "Better Business Bureau" wrote:
Our initial effort to reach a voluntary settlement on the above-mentioned complaint has not been successful.

If you would like to pursue this matter further you can utilize the court process or your BBB has one more way to help.

Arbitration is the last option we can offer to resolve a dispute. For a nominal fee, an impartial, third-party arbitrator will hear and decide your case. The hearing is informal, so you can present your own case without a lawyer; however, you have every right to be represented by a lawyer if you prefer. The decision is final and binding, meaning both parties are legally bound to abide by the decision. Detailed information about this process may be obtained at www.denver.bbb.org. I am also available to answer any questions you may have.

If you wish to enter into an arbitration agreement, please complete the information at the bottom of this letter and return it to me within 10 days. I will then contact you for additional information. Both parties must agree to arbitrate this matter before we can proceed. If the consumer does not wish to pursue the matter through our arbitration services, the complaint will be closed.

Thank you for offering arbitration.
I accept_____ I decline_____

Signature________________________________________

A summary of this complaint case can be viewed online at the following address:

Use the following to login:

Case ID: ********
Password:********

******* ******
Trade Practices Consultant
************
303 ***********

From: A. Wunder (mailto:awunder@seatoskivacations.com)
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 4:19 PM

Yes we would like to discuss arbitration... thank you

08/26/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues
04/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor a contract or agreement

Complaint: The company failed to honor the refund outlined in the contract addendum.
My wife and I decided to buy the membership in the travel Company "Sea to Ski Vacations" listening to their presentation which promised a wide variety of very attractive possibilities of luxury vacations. When membership payment was made, I had three days to cancel the membership. After reading the contract I became suspicious because the contract did not specify most of the possibilities promised during the presentation. I called the company and requested the cancellation. The company offered to amend the contract with the promise of the full refund of $2,700 if the 1st vacation is not satisfactory. I received this promise in writing via email on June 18, 2012.

My vacation to Vail, CO on January 19-26, 3013 went terribly wrong. Actually, this was the worst vacation I ever had. After coming back, I sent Sea to Ski Vacations two emails (on 1/29/2013 and 2/7/2013) requesting cancellation and the refund as promised. Both emails have remained unanswered.

Please refer to your contract and contact your distributor. Sea To Ski is the fulfillment company for yoyr travel needs. Your purchase and any refunds would be with your distributor. If you have any paperwork to the contrary please forward to us at ************************************. I can also be reached at ************.

I did not ask you to contact the resort on my behalf! The resort has nothing to do with my complaint. They did not do anything wrong. Actually, they went an extra mile to accommodate us. As I explained in my complaint, it was the Sea to Ski Vacations agent who completely messed up the reservation. I also do not need any extra credit in my account because I do not ever plan to use Sea to Ski Vacations services.

From: ********* (************************************)
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 11:07 AM
To: Better Business Bureau
Subject: (SPAM) Re: BBB Complaint Case#******************************************)
Importance: Low

Yes we accept arbitration.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

01/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: I feel I was mislead by Sea and Ski Vacations in what was being offerred as part of the 90 min presentations - specifically the air fare offer.
I recently attended a 90 min informational session to learn more about a "new travel agency" in my area. I received a post card in the mail as a promtion offering 2 round trip airline tickets on American Airlines, and if I responded quickly, 2 nights in a hotel. I called the number (clearly a 3rd party) and made my reservation.
I was told on the phone that the tickets would have no costs other than a 3-7% tax and that the only blackout dates would be federally recognized holidays. With that, I went ahead and completed the reservation.
This morning, my wife and i attended the session. We kept an open mind throughout the sales process, and explained that timing was not great for us to purchase into the vacation club. The rep seemed to understand. We were then given our "vouchers" for the tickets, to which the rep could not speak to ANY of the detl ails.
Upon further inspection, the vouchers are essentially worthless. A $50 processing fee, plus a $200/ticket charge to cover taxes (what happened to 3-7%), very limited destination choices (was told it was anywhere in the continental US), blackouts which included all Fridays and Saturdays, not to mention a requirement to depart on either Monday or Tuesday. Far cry from what I was told on the phone. The hotel voucher had similar criteria (deposits, surcharges for children, processing fees, tazes) and a VERY limited city choice list.
I called the same company that I had originally made my reservation through, and let them go through their explanation, at which point I explained that I had just been to one of the presentations and what I received was a far cry from the individual had just explained. He apologized and explained they were simply a 3rd party.
I then checked BBB... and noted a C- rating vs a claimed A- on their web site. When I called Sea to Ski, I was told that these ratings fluctuated often, but they were not really fans of the BBB given a recent 20/20 article. Regardless, the information mentioned above is VERY similar to what others have complained about.

We are sorry to hear about your issue. Is there someway we can help? As you are aware Sea To Ski does not conduct presentations or offer gifts for attending. They are done by independent distributors. If you call us and let us know where you attended we will be glad to assist.

I have attempted to contact Vacation Connect multiple times at the number listed above without any success. The number appears to roll into a SC area code voice mail with no mention of "Vacation Connect". I can also not find any valid business information (i.e. Better Business Bureau, White Pages, etc) on a Vacation Connect in North America. I am growing increasingly frustrated with the run-around that I am receiving. I would appreciate a call back from either Sea to Ski or Vacation Connect.

The distributor in question is Vacation Connect. You can reach them at *************

We are also investigating your complaint internally as we want to protect our name and make sure no consumer misrepresented. Please let us know if we can assist with anything else.

12/04/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: Post card offering airfares and hotel nights in exchange for attending seminar did not disclose myriad of fees required and limited locations.
On 10/30/12 I received a post card that appeared to be from American Airlines but in reality was from Sea to Sky Vacations. It offered 2 round trip airfares to most major airports in the contiguous United States plus a 3 day 2 night hotel stay at a major brand hotel. I called and was told that my wife and I would be required to attend a 75 minute seminar on vacation travel. I agreed and we attended on 11/1/12. The seminar was actually 95 minutes. We did not purchase the vacation package that was offered and upon receipt of the airfare and hotel coupons discovered that it would cost over $600.00 to redeem the coupons. If that had been disclosed, we would not have attended the seminar.

Please contact the responsible business. Sea To Ski does not host seminars or give out prizes. If you need any other assistance please call us at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

duplicate complaint deleted:

The post card looked like it was from American Airlines. There was not mention of Sea to Ski Vacations. It read in part: "Congratulations! In celebration of our new fall packages we've selected you to receive 2 round trip airfares to most major airports in the contiguous United Stated - good for the next 12 months! Call within 48 hours to receive a 3 day 2 night hotel stay at major brands."
WhenRepresented: Received in mail on October 30, 2012
I called the number on the card and agreed to attend a 75 minute travel seminar. We did not purchase the package ($9,900.00 plus $199.00 per year) and were given 2 certificates - one for 3 night hotel stay and one for airfare & hotel vacation getaway. In order to use the ceretificates we would have been required to pay several hundred dollars in fees. This was never disclosed until we left the seminar and were given the certificates.

The post card should disclose that is from Sea to Ski Vacations not American Airlines and should disclose the fees that the consumer must pay in order to receive 2 round trip airfares plus a 3 day 2 night hotel stay for attending the seminar.

Thank you for your concern.

11/06/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation did not disclose key conditions of the offer

Complaint: On 7/6/12 and were promised a free cruise and air tix. Never mentioned cruise had bunk beds and air had to be 3 requests all 1 month apart.
We were invited to attend a promotional meeting by a Sea to Ski representative and were promised a free cruise and free airline tickets. To receive the certificates we had to send an activation fee of $98 for the cruise and $70 for the airline tickets. After receiving them we were told that the cruise room had bunk beds, and we had to provide 3 different dates one month apart for the air tickets. None of this was disclosed or explained at this meeting by their representatives. If it were we definitely would not have sent in this activation fee. This part of their presentation was a complete misrepresentation and omission of information.

SeaToSki does not offer gifts or do presentations. If you were promised something you did not receive it is probably better to contact the company that made the promise. We did not and we will not assist you further.

Our complaint stands. We have not been contacted by any business associated with Sea to Ski.

Yes we have. Have a nice day.

10/30/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation not consistent with advertisement

Complaint: Telephone solicitor offers prizes for participation in sales presentation but company does not follow through.
A Sea to Ski telephone solicitor talked my husband into attending a 90-minute sales presentation, with promise of one of four prizes. We travel and attended in good faith. The up-front investment of 10K or so deterred us. The "prize" assigned to us was "2 Roundtrip Airfares," as described in faxed invitation. However, the terms of travel make the prize useless, e.g.,: requirement to choose 3 possible travel dates, with 45 days between selected dates; itinerary info to be received from Sea to Ski only 2 wks before depart (so no travel planning possible); completion of travel request form within 21 days; $100 refundable deposit for two persons (why a deposit??); airplane departure times inconveniently specified from 3-9 pm; one week before and after major holidays excluded; our target city of Boston excluded; and so on. This is not a "prize" but a hassle and deceptive advertising. I sent an inquiry to Sea to Ski through their website and was contacted by telephone by a representative. She disclaimed all Sea to Ski responsibility for their marketing organization and insisted I telephone the marketer, in spite of the fact that the Sea to Ski salesperson handed us the prize voucher. - I also note that at the Sea to Ski presentation, although we spent about 45 min with a salesperson, no last names and no business cards were offered us. As a social psychologist I recognized several hard-sell methods. For example, couples were each seated at small tables out of range of conversation with other couples, and a salesperson sat with each couple. The hard-sell solicitation, the false prize, the hard-sell sales presentation, and the failure to identify presenters and sales persons and give contact information, Sea-to-Ski gives the impression of a sleazy operation.

Please contact the company that invited you in to see the presentation as Sea To Ski does not offer gifts or certificates.

1. I have not seen any evidence or heard from the Denver BBB of any evidence provided that the marketer was fired.

2. No certificate from another supplier reached me.

Sea to Ski Vacations still fails to take responsibility for its marketing organizations. An investigative rather than a combative spirit would be appropriate.

We sent a certificate from another supplier in lieu of the one promosed to you by Sky Group. We are not in the business of buying airline tickets for promises made by other conpanies. We did our best to assist you and if that is not good enough then we are done. Amazing that you expect us to buy you an airline ticket.We bent over backwards to find you a replacement for your certificate. We will NOT be buying you tickets.

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor service estimate or agreement

Complaint: We paid STS just over $4,000 for a membership to their travel organization.We were to recieve 1 free week vacation for this and never have received it
We were told that our free travel voucher would be mailed to us shortly after our registration and payment of $4,000 (in July 2012). A month later (in August of 2012) we started to pursue STS customer service asking for help on this issue. We were told to contact the local liason, Excellent Travels of Indiana, as they were responsible for the voucher. Low and behold this business did not exist any longer. We have since written emails and contacts STS numerous times trying to get our voucher with no success. When the annual renewal fee of $199 came up this July, I called and told them that I was not authorizing payment until this was resolved to which they replied by cancelling my membership all together. When I finally spoke to a service rep they agreed to reactivate my account for another year free of charge and agreed to get the voucher situation cleared up (this was with a nephew of owners, ********* ******). He has since stopped all communication and I have been once again back to calling their customer service line with no response. This business practice is unethical and I am considering pursuing legal action.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to respond to BBB to resolve or address the complaint issues.

08/07/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

CompanyAddress:*****************
BusinessCity: **********
BusinessZip:*********
BusinessZip:******
BusinessPhone:*************
BusinessEmail: ************************************
NameOfSalesPersonOrPrincipleOfBusiness: Vacation Junkies -**************
YourComplaint: We have received nothing for our $4600.00 investment in this company. We were told that we would get incredible vacation deals, which has not come true, that we would get a free cruise, which we did not, and that we would have excellent customer service, which we have not. We recently returned from a Florida vacation and I booked all arrangements myself online. I did get some quotes from an agent at Sea to Ski for hotels and car, but was able to find better deals online. They also offered "discounts" at Disney World, but it was actually less expensive to actually get my tickets at Disney World or at the Disney World website.
DiscussedTheComplaint: 1
ProductOrService: Vacation
DatePurchased: 1/14/2012
WasTheProductOrServiceAdvertised: No
RepresentationsMade: We were to receive an 8 day 7 night cruise for free as part of the membership offer. After much work, phone calls and mail, we never did receive the cruise. We were to get discounts on travel, cruises, special deals, etc. - but were able to find better deals online.
AmountInDispute:*****
FairResolution: We would like our initial investment of $4490.00 back, plus the $199.00 renewal fee that was charged to our credit card on 1/13/2013.

08/07/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

BusinessPhone:**************
Website:**************************
BusinessEmail: ************************************
NameOfSalesPersonOrPrincipleOfBusiness:************* / *************
YourComplaint: My complaint is that they have never produced what was promised as being a member of the STS travel service. We tried booking a vacation to Costa Rica and everything was wrong. They supplied us with a link to the resort that we were looking into booking. We eventually booked the vacation and found a different named resort on our receipt. The link they supplied was incorrect and they had us believing we were booking for that resort. That resort had great ratings and was in a great area we requested. We began to look into the resort they had booked us at. It was at a different location on the island and a place we said we did not want to travel to. The ratings were poor. I caught their mistake and cancelled the vacation. Their reply by ************** was "We are lucky you found the mistake so that it did not cost us any money." After that, my wife called **** ****** to find out what they were doing to correct the problem. She became enraged with my wife and hung up on her. I called that afternoon and spoke with **** ******. The conversation was long and she took no ownership of the mistake as a professional travel agency. She eventually stated she would credit our account in the amount of $200.00. We have this in a email and we have not yet seen this credit as we have booked another vacation. We booked the vacation to satisfy the requirement of one vacation in the first two years so we may do the buy back program to get our money back and get out of the club. We were also promised a $200.00 gift card for a hotel. This was promised to us by****** in accounting. This was promised as a way to make up for their mistake with our travel plans to Costa Rica. We have not seen this card yet and they have not returned my calls. I was able to talk to****** today and she stated, as she has in the past, that those items will be sent to us. The promise of a condo has never come through and we are offered hotel rooms. The price has never been $899.00 or less and the STS service is buying the rooms from Expedia. There are no discounts or upgrades. There are no special deals that the general public cannot get on their own. These are the same rooms I can book on my own with the use of my computer. This is the same for the car rental. The car rental price was the same as we found online for our trip to Cozumel. The travel agency then placed our six and five year old in separate seats on the airplane away from both parents. We have contacted the airline directly and have found no resolution to this topic. If not remedied, we may be unable to go on a vacation we purchased. Our representative, ********** promised these items and nothing has been given for the purchase into this travel club. We have found conflict with the travel agents and no help when mistakes are made. All in all, STS has not provided the service they promised us as a client from the beginning. They misrepresented their product as I can find the same accommodations on my own.
PersonSpokenTo: **************
WhenSpokenTo: Numerous occassions
ProductOrService: ****************
DatePurchased: November 10, 2011
OrderContractAccountOrPolicy: *****
WasTheProductOrServiceAdvertised: Yes
WhereAdvertised: Home delivery through the mail
RepresentationsMade: The first misrepresentation was that this business was accredited by the Better Business Bureau. Since acquiring this membership, they have never been accredited by the BBB. Sea to Ski, STS, said we were buying into a travel club where we would be able to access travel discounts that no one else would be able to acquire because of their relationships with insiders in the travel industry. They said we would be able to get a condo in place of a hotel room. These accommodations would include a stove, refrigerator, and kitchen. We would only pay $899.00 and no more. They also stated that we could book a vacation 364 days in advance. This would be the best to get the best availability at hard to find locations. STS also stated that the $200.00 fee annually was voluntary. They understood that you may not be able to take a vacation every year. When you wanted to take a vacation and had not used the service in a more than a year, you could just pay the $200.00 and you would have all the advantages of the club. Reading the contract, the $200.00 is an annual fee no matter what. You must pay yearly regardless and this was stated by one of their employees after our one year was up. At the presentation, they stated they had a professional travel agency to handle all of our travel needs. Our travel needs were never met starting from the beginning. Availability was scarce and we were told we were looking to far in advance when they stated it was best to look 364 days. They offered condos for the price of $899.00 and we were never offered a condo for this price. STS also stated that we would be able to get discounts for hotels and vehicle rentals. The price they have quoted was the same price and vehicle we could find on our own through most travel sites on the internet. We were promised a worry free experience with their professional staff. They wanted to be able to take away some of the stress of finding a vacation for you. This was emphasized in their presentation. We have found this not to be the case as we have had to negotiate every transaction on our own and have had to be diligent in checking their work.
WhenRepresented: End of October, 2011
AmountInDispute:*******
FairResolution: A fair resolution would begin with the full purchase price of the membership being refunded to myself. The cost for the membership was $2590.00. In addition to the full purchase price, a refund of two hundred dollars we paid this year to be able to book a vacation that was only taken to satisfy the requirement for the buy back program. This vacation could have been booked on any of the travel websites. I would also like to be compensated for this trip to Cozumel. This cost for this trip was $2877.33. We would not have taken a trip this year after the Costa Rica trip fell through and saved our money for next year. We are planning a trip to Europe to see my family. This money would have made that trip possible. We were forced to take a trip through them to fulfill their requirement which is not necessarily guaranteed to get our purchase price of the membership back through the buy back guarantee. We have spent countless hours dealing with this situation and in most cases were more knowledgeable than the travel experts. I believe this to be a fair resolution to this situation.

07/15/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Sales presentation misrepresented the service

Complaint: Sales presentation misrepresented the product. Sea to Ski Vacations does not provide the lowest prices for travel.
On June 27, 2012, we attended a seminar presented by The Sky Group who was the sales organization (at that time) for Sea to Ski Vacations. We were invited to this presentation by a post card we received in the mail, with the promise of receiving two (2) free round trip airline tickets and a free cruise, for just attending a 90 minute seminar. During this seminar we were told and promised many privileges and benefits that this company Sea to Ski Vacation can offer and provide us as members. We were told that your company sells to all the web sites on line and that your company would always do better than what we could get on line ourselves. We were told that by becoming members of Sea to Ski Vacation we would receive huge "member's only" discounts on cruises and "bonus week" condos. We were told that the reason they get the huge discounts is because Sea to Ski Vacation is a broker, and sites such as Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire and Kayak to name a few that the Sky Group mentioned, is that those sites buy from Sea to Ski Vacations. THIS IS NOT TRUE!!!They also said during the presentation that Sea to Ski Vacations was Better Business Bureau accredited with an "A rating". THIS IS NOT TRUE!!The two (2) free round trip airline tickets and a free cruise, is not true... you have to pay over between the two items close to at least $400.00 just to activate these things, and that's only if you're not blacked out for the date you want, which I understand are quite a few dates that are... THIS IS NOT TRUE!!
To reiterate we were promised and told that this club could get us any vacation cheaper than what we could find on the internet. We were told that this club sells to all the travel web sites and major time share companies and they would beat any price that we found on the internet ourselves. As an added benefit you are allowed to have up to 5 family and friends also use your membership number and when my sister in law called in July 2012 and tried to book an August 2012 cruise to Alaska, Sea to Ski could not beat the price she found on the internet. When friends of ours called in the Fall of 2012 and tried to book an Alaskan cruise for six people for July 2013, Sea to Ski could not beat the price they found either. On August 1, 2012, I tried to send an email to Mr. ******* *******, who according to the internet was listed as the President, expressing my dissatisfaction with the company and not living up to all the promises. I wanted a refund of what I paid. Well this email was intercepted by a Mr. ********* ******, who I had to explain everything to him again. He asked if I could give him a try, so he could show me how wonderful the club is. But he did ask that I give him a future travel date that I had in mind. I did, The Hard Day's Night Hotel in Liverpool, England and the date of August of 2013, he finally got back to me after of about a week and a half. The price he quoted me was exactly the same price that I found by just going on the hotel's own web site. Now we are in June 2013, and to give it one more try again I called to get prices on (my "Bonus Weeks), these are where I'm going to save the most money (according to them). Well again nothing, I'm quoted prices that are anywhere from $150.00 to $200 more than what I found on Orbitz...This is enough; during the past year I did not use Sea to Ski Vacations services (absolutely no reason to do so) since they had the highest prices and did absolutely nothing that benefited me or my 5 family members... Their club was not used by me, with the exception of my phone call to them to look up prices.I tried a few times to give Sea to Ski Vacations the benefit of the doubt when I needed hotel rooms. At the time I was going away for business and wanted to see if they could beat the prices I had found on line and again Sea to Ski Vacations could not beat the price.. WHY AM I PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE...? THEY LIED AND SCAMMED ME!I ended up paying $5,493 for a service that I don't use.

Duplicate complaint filed w/ A.G.:

From: Better Business Bureau Info
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:08 PM
To: Heather Vicars
Subject: FW: Sea to Ski Vacations

________________________________________
From: CO Attorney General (mailto:ColoConsumerComplaints@state.co.us)
Sent: Friday, June 07, 2013 3:02 PM
To: Better Business Bureau Info
Subject: Sea to Ski Vacations

State of Colorado
Department Of Law
Office of the Attorney General

RE: Sea to Ski Vacations

Dear Better Business Bureau,

The enclosed consumer complaint was filed with our office. While the matter remains in our active files and under consideration, we believe your agency may be able to further assist the complainant.

We appreciate your review of the material and any assistance you may provide. Please feel free to contact our office with additional questions or concerns.

FOR THE ATTORNEY GENERAL

BusinessZip: Colorado
BusinessZip: 80021
BusinessPhone: 877-840-6400
BusinessEmail: memberservices@seatoskivacations.com
YourComplaint: This company and the company they used to do the presentation (The Sky Group, which is no longer in business)is a scam and fraud. Please look up the company on the internet under the BBB and Scam Alert.. They at one time told if I wanted a refund I had to call The Sky Group who did the presentation, but as I said their number is discounected with no forwarding number... So here I am...Please help!!!
DiscussedTheComplaint: 0
PersonSpokenTo: Christian Wunder - don't know what title he held, but the person that contacted following my complaint
WhenSpokenTo: 8/1/12
ProductOrService: vacation club
DatePurchased: 6/26/12
OrderContractAccountOrPolicy: L120003
WhereAdvertised: Long Island, NY
RepresentationsMade: Presentation was misrepresented. We were lied to, that they can provide the lowest cost for vacation condos, crusies, that they were rated "A" with BBB, but actully rated "C-", they said they were openning an office on Long Island, that's not happening. We were able to let family and friend use our benefit, but when they called to get prices, Sea to Ski could not beat any price we already had from another company.
WhenRepresented: 6/26/2012
AmountInDispute: 5493
FairResolution: I would like a full refund of my money which is $5,493.00, since I have never used any of their club benefits.. I might be open to the very least 3/4 of the the full amount or $4,119.75... If information more is needed please call the above number...thank you

EXPLANATION:
DESIRED RESOLUTION: I would like a full refund of my money which is $5,493.00, since I have never used any of their club benefits.. I might be open to the very least 3/4 of the the full amount or $4,119.75... If information more is needed please call the above number...thank you

04/17/2014Problems with Product / Service