Denver & Boulder, Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 04/20/2010

Ambassador Painting

12/17/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: Ambassador Painting cracked my window frame.
On 10-15-12 Ambassador Painting began painting my entire home. After inspection on 10-27-12 when work was completed I informed owner of two 1 inch cracks approximately three feet from each other on my master bedroom window frames. I witnessed ladders on window frames prior to observing damages however company insisted this would not dmaage home. When addressed with the owner he denied damages before inspecting them and stated that these were the result of hail. These two cracks were of identical height and did resemble hail damage. Owners behavior became threatening and therefore we called police for assistance. As I result I paid owner in full however I still have two cracks due to his workmanship that I will have to repair on my own.

the customer says the window is cracked it is not. it is gouged. I have pictures. we could not have caused this damage we have boots on all of our ladders to make sure a ladder never touch the house. this customer had his roof replaced as well as at least some gutters. I replaced a screen on a different window because there was a possibility we damaged it but I will not replace a window I did not damage. my ladders have boots and are not as wide as his window. some window washers use extensions to make the top of there ladders wider I do not.

I did have my roof replaced about 1 week prior to ambassadors work. I did a complete inspection of the home after the work was done and my home did not have any damage. This of course was after the roofers work was done. Regardless of ambassador stating they had "boots" on there ladders they still rested the ladders on the window frame and glass. The only reason his company was paid in full after the work was done was due to his threats to my wife and me that were way out of line.

We are sorry the customer has damage but his window frame is not cracked, it is gouged, I have pictures. Ambassador Painting accepts no responsibility of this damage it was done prior to our work, Ambassador Painting has painted 4 homes on the street one after this Customer, the boots-mitts, are always used to prevent this kind of damage. we are very sorry this customer felt he was threatened, the only statement made was we would contact the police and proceed with litigation.

Painting Contractors