In Denver & Boulder, Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 12/21/2011

Citizen Shipper

9 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/03/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to respond to phone calls or written requests for assistance or support

Complaint: Citizen Shipper failed to refund my money and continued to draw membership fee from my account even after emails and phone calls about the cancellatio
An email was sent to Citizen Shipper cancelling membership on 04/08/13. They took an additional 24.00 on 05/14 from my account. An email was sent to Citizen Shipper on 08/04 with a completed cancellation form that was requested by them. They withdrew another 24.00 on 08/14. I followed up with a voicemail to Citizen Shipper on 08/27. I have received no return calls or emails. I want my original fee of 24.00 returned as well as the additional unauthorized amount of 48.00 debited from my account.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and will refund the charges today.

08/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: Citizenshipper.com states the they have a no hassle refund policy "simply send us an email" after waiting a few weeks after me email no refund
Citizenshipper.com refund policy on their website states "simply send us an email" after sending my email on july 6th of this year I have had no response. I emailed again and received questions about forms not bieng filled out. They are deceiving about there refunds and trying to retain money by deception and confusion. They have been contacted by me with my account and transaction number and still no refund.

We are grateful for this opportunity to respond to this customer and have granted a full refund.

Regarding the customer complaints, we ask that customers be sensitive to our internal policies when requesting refunds. As per our company policy we request that a very short form be sent to us, via email, containing information that allows us to quickly locate a customer in our payments database and issue refunds accurately. Based on our experience, many customers sign up to our website using email addresses that are different to their Paypal email addresses, making it time consuming and sometimes impossible to locate their payments. The short form we request makes it significantly easier and more efficient to locate customer information.

We are sorry that CitizenShipper is not for you,
and as mentioned - have issued a full refund as of July 30th 2013.

05/13/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Unauthorized credit card charges

Complaint: Told me that they would get 6 months free then charged card on the 3th month
On january 27th I joined citizen shipper and pays my 24 dollars. On january 30th I decides that this was not for me and send an email to cancel.On jan 31th I was send an email back to stay with them and I'll get 6 months free. I replys back on the same day and told them I would take the offer.On April 27th 2013 my card was billed 24 dollars.I emailed them on april 28th to cancel my membership and return the 24 dollars.on april 30th I was emailed back and was told they could not find my card number in the system and give them the last 4 of the card, and i did that on the 30th of april.I was emailed today may 3th and told if I fit between the 60 days,then I could receive my money back. I should not have been billed until july 27th 2013

We are sorry that you've not had a positive experience with CitizenShipper. We have refunded your $24 and cancelled your account with us. I hope this is to your satisfaction. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do.

Regards.

The CitizenShipper Team

Resolved. Received 24 dollar refund 5/8/2013

04/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to honor refund, exchange or credit policies

Complaint: I set up this account through Kasey. With understanding and guarantee that within 60 days ,. Paid $79.80 and only revived a 19.99 refund.
When setting this up with sales rep Kacey. On Dec 31,2012 she stated that I have a 60 day money back guarantee . I cancels my request with in the time frame. Was told I'd get a refund on 3/8/13 . I paid $79.80 for this service and have only been confirmed as of 3/13/13 19.99 refund. I have asked for the total back as told in the beginning. And have had no results

Dear ******,

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention.

The delay in your refund was due to the fact that the credit card that was on file for your account does not match your name. This made it challenging for us to locate your account in our credit card processing system.

I have personally checked the refund status, and can confirm that you were charged for the card that you told us was used, on the following dates:

Jan 1st 2013
Jan 31st 2013
Feb 28th 2013

I can also confirm that you were refunded for all three of these charges on:

March 13 2013
March 14 2013
March 18 2013

You have been refunded a total of $59.97, which is the sum total of everything that you have paid us, based on the information that you have provided.

If there have been other charges then you need to explicitly tell us the NAME on the credit card that was charged, and the date. If, instead, you paid by Paypal then you will need to tell us that information. Without the correct information it is impossible for us to locate you in our credit card processing account.

While you were told that you would get a refund on March 8th, please note, we also tell you that it can take up to two weeks to process, hence the delay.

Please contact us on ************** if you have additional questions.

11/29/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: I am having problems finding the cancel my regeristration link on their website.
On their website they say that you can cancel your regrestration within 90 days, but I am having problems finding the cancel my acount link and I have tried to contact them by email concerning this matter but noone has responded and I can not seem to find a phone number for this company. All I want is a refrund.

We received customers request for a refund and emailed customer on 10/19/2012 at 2.05pm with a short refund form (1 page) that's necessary for our refunds department to process the request

We did not hear back from customer after that.

We have refunded the customer and we apologize for any inconvenience that was caused.

Moving Brokers