135 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 6 closed in last 12 months

Additional Complaint Information

BBB has identified a possible pattern of customer complaints. Specifically, Billing/ Collections Issues and Refund/Exchanges Issues. Regarding Billing or Collections issues, customers alleged that they were not aware of the charges and had thought they were under a free trial period and that the terms and conditions of the trial are not clearly disclosed. Consumers also allege Refund/Exchange Issues stating that they are getting the product late and/or not getting the product at all, the business will not refund when the consumer requests it, and that the business is creating multiple unauthorized charges on consumers credit/debit cards. BBB contacted the business to address the allegations however, they did not respond.

07/15/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

In 4/14 I ordered a sample of Bella teeth whitening product.

I agree to pay $4.90 shipping.

$195.17 was fraudulently charged to credit card.
I purchased a "trial sample" of Bella teeth whitening on 4/30/14.

I agree to pay shipping charges for the trial sample of $1.03 on 4/30/14 & $3.87 on 5/2/14 via Chase Visa credit card.

My Chase Visa credit card was fraudulently charged $92.13 on 5/10/14 & $103.04 on 7/9/14.

My Chase Visa credit card will no longer accept Bella charges.

I seek a refund of $195.17 for fraudulent and unexpected charges of $92.13 on 5/10/14 & $103.04 on 7/9/14.

From: ***
Sent: Tuesday, July 15, 2014 9:22 AM
To: Better Business Bureau
Subject: Re: BBB Complaint Case# 75224661 (Ref#**************************)
Importance: Low

My problem with Bella was resolved on 7/14/14. Thank you.

***********
*************************
*******************

Sent from Xfinity Connect Mobile App

11/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I received a free sample of tooth whitener. A month later I received more product and was charged $103.04. I returned it but was still charged.
In July of 1013 I responded to an internet offer for free tooth whitener and only had to pay "shipping and handling." A month later I was sent more product (not ordered) and was billed $103.04 on my credit card. I sent the product back and emailed and telephoned the company that I did not want the product. In spite of the fact I returned the product they refused to credit my account.

I am seeking a refund of $103.04.

I apologize but I am unable to find this customer's information in our system. We have not taken any new orders in almost a year, and the dollar amounts listed are not amounts that we charge in. I believe the customer has accidentally filed a complaint with the incorrect company.

08/23/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

When I knew this company online, I was told that I can pay $1 for a free trial of a white-teeth toothpaste, so I did it. HOWEVER, later they not only charge 78.41 on my credit card, but also charge it monthly without my permission!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Since I am not a resident in U.S and I use a credit card bonded to my father in China, so he couldn't identify the rude charge on the credit card at first. I started to realize the "stolen" when I got the third package of those free trial( I read a lot of reviews and complaints of this company online after that). Now that I have been charged the third time. As a customer, I clearly know that I only have "$1 permission" for its free trial and just once. It keep sending those "free" trials monthly and charging for a great amount without any announcement and permission!!! I feel like I am totally riffed off!!! Now that I can only cancel my credit card to stop their rude charging!What's more, the trial that they send to me is an absolutely harmful product for teeth.If we use them regularly, we may damage our teeth greatly.This complaint is not just for me, but for tons of customer(victims) back to 2008!!!!! Please stop them. They are monsters and evils!
Product_Or_Service: BellaBrite

If possible, I hope we can get refund, but that is not the final settlement. I want this illegal business shut down and be greatly charged for their rude behaviors!!!! I don't want it to hurt any more people!

Ms. *****,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on November 14, 2012 and shipped your package the same day.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges and a monthly shipment program. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $78.41 eight days from the date of your order processing for the product."

These terms were presented to you in multiple places on our website when you ordered our product. Including being directly to the left of the submit button at the time you placed your order. Additionally, you were sent an order confirmation email after your order was completed that provided a full written version of the terms you agreed to.

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $78.41 on November 22, 2012. A month later we still had not received any cancelation requests and your account was enrolled into our monthly shipment program. You received two additional packages at the cost of $89.32 ($78.41 plus additional shipping), the most recent was sent on January 20, 2013.
We received a cancelation request through our automated phone system on January 27, 2013.You have never contacted us to request clarification of the purchase terms, or to request a refund. Had you contacted us we would have been happy to assist you.
Our records show that you have filed a dispute with your credit card company in the form of a retrieval. This prevents us from issuing any refunds as it would result in multiple credits on a single transaction.

05/14/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Basically Bella Brite, and Ahydra White companies, I believe to be the same company charged our card without asking us.
On I believe the 22nd of Jan. my wife ***** agreed to try the tooth whitening product that the above companies offered for I believe $1.03. Then when we found that the company or companies began to charge us more money, latter in the month, on the 24th for $3.84 from one company and $3.87 from the other company and on the 29th from one company $94.31,and $76.13 from the other.Then again in Febuary on the 28th for $105.22, on March 1st for $87.04 March 27th for $105.22,April 1st for $87.04 My wife notified them saying that she did not authorize the charges and did not want the product. They continued to charge more and more on our Visa Card. We were finally able to contact a real person in March and they said that they would only refund the last two charges because they only have a 30 day refund policy. This is odviously a Scam. And we are out $575.44. For a product that we did not want or ask for. They said that they can automatically charge and send product, without authorization, and they say that they didn't receive our email that we did not want the product. We would sure appreciate your help on this!

We would just like the $575.44 that these people stole from us.

**********,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on January 19, 2013 and shipped your package the next day.
The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges, including our monthly shipment program. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $76.13 ten days from the date of your order processing for the product."

These terms were presented to you in multiple places on our website when you ordered our product. Including being directly to the left of the submit button at the time you had placed your order. Additionally, you were sent an order confirmation email after your order was completed that provided a full written version of the terms you agreed to.

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $76.13 on January 14, 2013. Your account was then enrolled into a monthly shipment program until you contacted us to cancel. You were shipped two additional packages at the cost of $87.04 ($76.13 for the product and $10.91 for shipping).
The first time we heard from anyone regarding the cancelation of this account was on April 4, 2013. At that time our representative issued you a return merchandise authorization (RMA) number for you to return your April 1st package for a refund of $76.13 as long as the product was received back by the return deadline date of April 19, 2013.
Your return was not received until April 24, 2013, which was after your return deadline date had already passed.
I apologize but your account is not eligible for any return or refund as our return policy was not followed. However, in an effort to maintain our standard for customer satisfaction I have issued a refund of $76.13, which is the full product price minus the shipping cost of the April 1st package. Your account is not eligible for any additional refund.

05/14/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Typical of every complaint against Bella Brite.
Misrepresentation of initial offering. Billing without merchandise. Paid for sample and mdse.
I responded to sample offer only. Paid.
I then received product, sent back and paid.
I then was billed for additional product which was never received.
I am disputing with Visa for refund of payment without delivery.

Refund from Bank/Visa.

*************,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on December 20, 2012 and shipped your package the same day.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges and a monthly shipment program. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $76.13 ten days from the date of your order processing for the product."

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $76.13 on December 30, 2012. A month later we still had not received any cancelation requests and your account was enrolled into our monthly shipment program. You received two additional packages at the cost of $87.04 ($76.13 plus additional shipping), the most recent was sent on January 29, 2013.
We received a cancelation request through our automated phone system on January 31, 2013.You have never contacted us to request clarification of the purchase terms, or to request a refund. Had you contacted us we would have been happy to assist you.
Our records show that you have filed a dispute with your credit card company in the form of a chargeback. This prevents us from issuing any refunds as it would result in multiple credits on a single transaction.

11/26/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Refusal to give a refund for a returned product. Company claims they did not recieve it.
On September 4, 2012 I ordered a Bella Brite teeth whitening free trial for the cost of shipping only. When the product arrived, I discovered that they also sent a full shipment that was set up on a monthly auto-ship program which billed my Visa credit card. This was done without my knowledge or approval and I immediately called the company to complain. They said they would cancel my auto-ship program but that I would have to return the unused product by September 25 or I would be charged the full amount of $78.41. I mailed the product back immediately and there was at least 6-7 business days before the September 25 deadline and it would have gotten there in time. The RA number they gave me was RMA 25412160 and the address for returns was; Bella Brite returns, 6330 N. Washington Street-Unit 8, Denver, CO 80216.

On October 9, 2012 I discovered that Bella Brite had charged my Visa credit card $78.41 on October 8, 2012. I immediately called the company and talked to a rep named ***** about the charge. He told me that Bella Brite had not received the returned product and that was why I was being charged. I paid cash when I mailed the product and did not get a tracking number so I have no way of proving I sent it on time. The rep said that without a tracking number that they could not refund the $78.41 charge. I feel they are being dishonest about not recieving the returned product and they think that most people will give up. I believe I have been scammed and I deserve to have the full amount refunded to my Visa credit card.

A full refund for the October 8, 2012 Visa charge of $78.41

Mr. ****,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on September 4, 2012 and shipped your package the next day.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $78.41 eight days from the date of your order processing for the product." Our purchase terms also specify that if you cancel your account within the trial period you will be required to return the included 30 day supply within 15 days of the cancelation date.
These terms were presented to you in multiple places on our website when you ordered our product. Additionally, you were sent an order confirmation email after your order was completed that provided a full written version of the terms you agreed to.
When you ordered the product you also checked a box indicating that you had read and agreed to the terms of the offer. When a customer checks that box we must assume that they have actually done what they are stating they did. If there was any confusion with the terms you could have called our customer service team and they would have been happy to assist you.
According to our records the first contact we had requesting the cancelation of your account was on September 10, 2012. At the time you canceled your account, we issued you a return merchandise authorization number so you could return your shipment to avoid any further charges. Using this method, you would have incurred no charges for the product. You were given all return instructions over the phone and through a follow up email, you were also told that the product needed to be received by September 25, 2012.
To date we have never received your returned shipment. When your due date passed and we had not received our product back you were billed $78.41 for it. When you called us on October 11, 2012 we advised you that we had not received your shipment and advised you that if you could provide a receipt or tracking number from the postal service we would be happy to assist you. You declined all attempts to help you and opted to file a complaint instead.
If you would like to provide the requested information I would be happy to review it.
BellaBrite

This response is unacceptable and reminds me of a well thought scam to make money off an unsuspecting public. Like most people ordering this product, I sent the "included 30 day supply" back within the stated period after I called and cancelled my account. Unfortunately (like most), I did not get a tracking number when I shipped the product back by USPS. Of course, Bella Brite expects most people will do this and then have no way of proving that the product was returned. This is an unconscionable way of doing business and Bella Brite now has my returned product (that they still claim they did not receive) which they can resell for a double profit. And I'm left with a $78.41 charge on my Visa bill for a product that I returned in good faith and within the terms of return agreement.

This to me is a total rip off of the general public and a very immoral scam. If Bella Brite is any kind of reputable business at all, then a refund is the only way to clear your name. I demand a full refund of my $78.41 and I will continue to pursue this until that happens.

10/05/2012Problems with Product / Service
05/01/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Isent the product back for a refund. They tell me they didn't recieve it. Therefore I don't get a refund.
I ordered a sample for $1.05 On Feb 1st. They sent the sample plus a whole kit. I sent the kit back on Feb 11th. They tell me they never recieved the kit I sent back. I can't find the tracking # from the post office. they tell me to go to to post office & get a tracking #. I tried, the post office can't do that. So they tell me without a tracking # they can't giveme a refund.

I would like my $ 92.13 refunded to me.

Ms. ******,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on January 22, 2013 and shipped your package the same day.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $92.13 10 days from the date of your order processing for the product."

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $92.13 on February 1, 2013. The first time we heard from you regarding the cancelation of your account was on February 2, 2013 after you had already been charged. Your account was immediately canceled and you have not received any shipments or charges since then.
At that time we advised you that since the trial period had expired prior to your initial cancelation request your account was no longer eligible for a return or a refund as stated in the terms of our trial offer.
Despite your account not being eligible for any refund, our customer service representative made an exception and we issued you a return merchandise authorization number so you could return your shipment for a partial refund of $60.00. You were also assigned a return deadline date of February 17, 2013.
To date we have never received your return. Unfortunately your return deadline date has already passed and without proof of return in the form of a tracking number or receipt from the post office we will be unable to issue a refund.
BellaBrite

I am sorry that I don't have the tracking # for the package I sent to you. Aparently it got lost somewhere in the postal system.So why don't you try & contact the post office & see if they can find the package.My post office can not help me do any thing.I am not trying to steal from you, I am just trying to get my money back for a product that did not work for me.

Ms. ******,

We are not affiliated with Hydra White, so their receipt of a return would not effect your return with us.

Again, we would need proof of your Bella Brite return in order to assist you further.

04/22/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

All Product I received has been returned. I have only received a partial amount of the money taken from my acct. Not authorized.
The advertisement was for a free trial for a charge of $1.03. Received that shipment and shortly after that another shipment arrived from same company for which I was charged $78.41,on 11/23/2012. Then I was charged $84.86, on 12/25/2012 for another shipment. I contacted the company to return these items that were not requested and was given a number to write on the returned package. I put both of the shipments into one package and sent it back for a refund. I have only received a refund for the $78.41. I have sent 3 more emails asking for the refund in the amount of $84.86. I then get a generic reply saying I received my refund.
I am still owed $84.86, because I returned all of the product. Please contact this company as well as a "sister" company Bella Brite same problems with them. these shipments were both sent at the same time. I am still owed $82.08 from them. Please advise me. Thank you

I am owed $84.86, from Bella Brite and $82.08, from Hydra White. These amounts were deducted from my account without my premission.

Ms. **********,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on November 7, 2012, and shipped your package the same day.

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $78.41 on November 20, 2012. Your account was then enrolled into our monthly auto shipment program and your second shipment was sent on December 24, 2012 at the cost of $84.36 ($78.41 for the product plus $5.95 for the shipping and handling).
The first time we heard from you regarding the cancelation of your account was on December 27, 2012 after you had been shipped and charged for your second package. Your account was immediately canceled and you have not received any shipments or charges since then.
At that time we issued you a returned merchandise authorization number to return your December 24th shipment for a refund of the full product price. Your initial shipment and charge of $78.41 was not refundable as we did not hear from anyone to cancel within the trial period
Your return was received within the return deadline date and a refund of $78.41 was already issued back to you on January 4, 2013. This refund may take 3-5 business days to post. That is the full product price of the December 24th shipment minus $5.95 for shipping costs, which per the terms that you agreed to is not refundable. As stated in our purchase terms you may only return the most recent shipment for a refund.
So, in summary, we have issued you a refund for $78.41 but your account is not eligible for any further refunds. Your account remains canceled and you will not receive any further shipments or charges.
BellaBrite

This company which includes Bella Brite and Hydra White, has not refunded all of the money they took from me. They have stated in this latest response "they received a single package and that I was sent a full refund for product price of that package". This is not true. I have only received partial refunds for the "product price" of the package. ALL of the product I received was returned in the one package sent back to Bella Brite and Hydra White. Not just one shipment but ALL of the products received. I expect a refund of all of the money taken from my account. The company has all of the product and should refund my money. They are the WORST company I have ever dealt with. In fact, they are the only company that has refused to return money for products that have been returned to the company. They should be shut down for false advertising. If I did agree to their terms, as they have stated, I can tell you they were not presented in the manner they show in their response to BBB. If I had actually seen or read these "terms" they say I agreed to, I never would have continued for the "free" samples. This must have been hidden deep in the ad.
Regardless, I have returned all of their products and should be refunded the money they took without my explicit approval/permission for the transaction. They also should hsve included paperwork, with the free sample, explaining their terms so consumers can be made aware and fully informed.
What is their response to the fact that I have returned all of what I received but they hsve not returned my money? How and why are they allowed to do this? Is this not the definition of theft by fraud?
I do not want another response from them where they type out the hidden terms that I supposedly agreed to. I can tell you I DID NOT read this in their advertisement for a free sample and would not have proceeded if I had. I would NEVER agreed to the costs for any additional product. The costs are outrageous. I don't know of anyone who would intentionaly agree to pay this amount. I'll say it again, regardless, I have returned all of their products and expect to receive a full refund.
I want this report taken to the president of the company represented. I have asked for this many times but I never get a respponse as to who that would be. This is a very shady process. This company is fradulent in the advertising regarding their "free sample" of the product. Buyer Beware should be the first thing their ad says.

Ms. **********,
Every customer is required to agree to our purchase terms before they are allowed to submit their order. Our terms are located on the same page that the customer enters their credit card information. Our terms state that you will be charged for the complete program eight days from the date of order, and then be enrolled into our monthly program. That section of the terms is provided below.
We'll enter you into our BellaBrite WhiteforLife program. With the WhiteforLife program you'll get a Monthly Maintenance professional-level dental syringe of BellaBrite whitening solution to maintain your brand new, brilliant white smile. Eight (8) days from the date of order processing, unless you decide to take an action to cancel (by calling our customer service center at 1-866-366-8424 (International callers please call 0844-202- 1800) or www.BellaBrite.com), we'll conveniently bill your credit card $78.41 for the full 30 day tooth whitening Complete Program. Plus, you'll also get two (2) more syringes of professional-level dental syringe of BellaBrite whitening solution about every 30 days to share with Friends and Family to put them on a path to a brilliant, healthy, white smile. All this at the same monthly in-home price you paid for the original full tooth whitening Complete Program plus $5.95 in shipping (UK customers pay $9.83), conveniently billed to your credit card.
Additionally our terms also state that you must contact us to obtain an RMA number to receive a refund. That section reads as follows.
To receive a refund for a returned product from an ongoing product shipment (not a Free Trial shipment), you must request an RMA (Returned Merchandise Authorization Number) within 30 days of the last shipment and this RMA must be written on the package in order for credit to be issued. All shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Initial Trial entry fees are refundable upon request and after the return of the initial shipment to customers who chose to cancel within the trial period. Although you can return product from an ongoing WhiteforLifeï shipment, you cannot return product from the Free Trial once the Free Trial has elapsed and you have been billed for the product.
As I explained in my previous response, you were only eligible for a return on a single package. You returned that package and received a full refund for the product price of that shipment. No other refunds will be issued. I am considering this matter closed.

04/03/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

i returned the free trial as directed. they said they did not get it when i called, and they charged my checking account $76.31 on 3/1/13.
i signed up for a free trial and was charged $1.02 and $3.87 on 1/10/13 and 1/11/13. i then called and canceled the order and returned the item on 1/15/13, rma #********. then on 3/1/13 they charged my checking account $76.13 without my consent. i called them and they sais they did not receive it.

i want my money back
i also have the same problem with hydra white which i think is the same business. they charged me $94.31 on 2/13. rma #1717014811. they have the same address and the ph # i have is 855-840-4928.

Ms. ********,

We recently received your complaint from the better business bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. We received your order on January 8, 2013 and shipped your package the same day.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $76.13 ten days from the date of your order processing for the product." Our purchase terms also specify that if you cancel your account within the trial period you will be required to return the included 30 day supply within 15 days of the cancelation date.
According to our records the first contact we had requesting the cancelation of your account was on January 12, 2013. At the time you canceled your account, we issued you a return merchandise authorization number so you could return your shipment to avoid any further charges. Using this method, you would have incurred no charges for the product. You were given all return instructions over the phone and through a follow up email. You were also told that the product needed to be received by January 27, 2013.
To date we have never received your returned shipment. When your due date passed and we had not received our product back you were billed $76.13 for it. I apologize but you are not eligible for any return or refund as your product was not received by the return deadline date. Your account remains canceled and you will not receive any further shipments or charges.
Bella Brite

i am an honest person and i do not have "proof" in the form of a tracking number or postal receipt, but i do have proof that you took my money out of my account without my permission!! and that is a fact and your company has NO customer service at all. you should be embarrassed to be employed by such a business!i want my money back, refunded to my account as quickly and easily as you took it!!!! I have NO product and did not even open it, what a rip off!

Ms. ********,
If you would like to provide proof of your return in the form of a tracking number or postal receipt I would be happy to review that.

04/01/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We ordered a tooth whitening product that was suppose to cost $1.32 plus $3.67 shipping. Our account was then charged $92.13 additionally.
Ordering the tooth whitening product from the BellaBrite web site we were led to believe that it was a sample trial. We had not even opened it up yet when our we saw that our account was then additionally charged $92.13
We called immediately and were told that on the day we ordered it was a special promotional and we were not eligible for any refund.
Reading over the "No Hassle Return Police" it said that we could return the product for any reason within thirty days.
But in speaking with several representatives from the 800 number that we called they all gave us the same response, "I am sorry, you are not eligible for a return or refund."
While speaking on the telephone with a representative and looking at the web site that looked the same as the day we ordered, if we were to order today from the web site would we be billed in 8 days? "Yes, ma'am, he said". Well, then it is deceiving because it does not say that one would be charged the full price in 8 days!

The only thing that they would do is to cancel any further monthly shipments.
I read to them what the return policy said on their web site about a 30 day return for any reason. The representative said that we only had 8 days to return what they now told us was "NOT A SAMPLE." But the full monthly shipment.

It never said and continues not to say anywhere in the writing on their web page that we only had 8 days to try it and after that that we would be billed $92.13

For no reason could we return the product or would they refund our money that they had stolen out of our account.

This has been a great hardship financially on my family.My daughter just wanted to try it as the advertising encourages one to do and we feel very cheated and discouraged that a company would hide the facts that we would be charged the full price in 8 days.

This company BellaBrite we find is partnered with HydraWhite and both offered the same trial-sample deal and so we are actually looking at a $200.00
loss. Speaking with representatives from each company it became apparent that it was one account and one company sending out both products. When we called and canceled any further shipments or charging on our account with BellaBrite and then called the HydraWhite 800 number they said that the account was already canceled for any further shipments.

So the two web sites, BellaBrite and HydraWhite
are really one company falsely advertising a tooth whitening product for trial and not disclosing that they will be charging ones account number the full price of almost $100.00 each with out our knowledge and refusing to accept any responsibility for their actions.

Or allowing us to speak with anyone besides the customer service person such as a manager or even
someone at the corporate level.

I hope that you can help us.
Thank you.

We would like the money charges to be credited back to our account.
We would be willing to send back their unopened
products.

The charges were $92.13 - BellaBrite

and $94.31 - HydraWhite

Also, that they correct their advertising so that the customer knows clearly that their account will be charged automatically in 8 days!

Ms. ****,

We recently received your complaint from the Better Business Bureau regarding your Bella Brite account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. According to our records, we received your order on January 18, 2013.

The terms of the offer that you agreed to at the time of your order clearly state that you were to have a one week trial period starting from the date of your order processing in which you could cancel your account to avoid further charges. They also indicate that "you must take affirmative action to avoid further charges or you will be charged in the amount of $92.13 ten days from the date of your order processing for the product."

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $92.13 on January 31, 2013. The first time we heard from you regarding the cancelation of your account was on February 5, 2013 after you had already been charged. Your account was immediately canceled and you have not received any shipments or charges since then.
At that time we reminded you of the terms of the offer that were agreed to at the time of your order which state that once the trial period has ended, product from the initial shipment is not eligible for a return or a refund.

Dear ***,

One can try to deceive others but your Companies practices are old tricks.

You do not have good Customer Service and you do not care about your Customers!
So many people have complained that your Company has not treated them properly.

You need to change your advertising.
Highlight it, "8 Day Trial", at the top, in the front of your website!!

Then your Customers will know beforehand what kind of a trial this is!!

Instead of the Customers believing that they are just purchasing a small trial size.

It would more easily be believed that you do not want to work with, us as this is how your company
makes its money!!

Otherwise, No company would want to have so many dissatisfied customers.

How could anyone desire to purchase future product
from your company (even if we did like it) having been snared into buying it at full price, before even having an opportunity to try it.

As your company sends the trial product in the same box and in the same shipment with the next months first order. Both trial and regular product are exactly the same.

You never sent us the trial first and in a subsequent shipment the next order.
Which we supposedly would have wanted if we had liked the first product shipped.

You never sent us what we wanted you sent us what you wanted.

Stand behind your products and return the money
your company charged my account for a second order, you sent for your own purposes, not because I wanted two products at one time.

Ms. ****,
I have provided the portion of the purchase terms which clearly states that you will receive both the trial and the complete program together.
By paying the $1 Trial entry fee and the shipping and handling charge of $1 to $9.47, you will receive a one week trial of BellaBrite, complete with professional quality 3ml dental syringe with 22% carbamide peroxide mint flavored solution, dental impression mouth piece tray, instruction booklet and shade whitening comparison chart. This free trial kit is yours to keep. You will also receive a complete program full tooth whitening kit.
Our terms state that you will be charged for the complete program eight days from the date of order. That section of the terms is provided below.
Ten (10) days from the date of order processing, unless you decide to take an action to cancel (by calling our customer service center at 1-866-366-8424 (International callers please call 0844-202- 1800) or www.BellaBrite.com), we'll conveniently bill your credit card $92.13 for the full 30 day tooth whitening Complete Program.
Additionally our terms also state that you may not receive a refund once your trial has expired. That section reads as follows.
As I explained in my previous response, you are not eligible for any return or refund as we did not receive correspondence to cancel within your trial period. Your account remains canceled and you will not receive any further shipments or charges. I am considering this matter closed.

02/19/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I participated in a free trial of a teeth whiting product at a cost of $1.05 S&H. I was not informed that I would be charged $76.13. I want a refund.
An online advertisement boasted effective teeth whiting with *********** combined with its other product, ************ It encouraged a free product trial for $1.05 S&H. I ordered it on 1/3/13. The product was delivered 1/7/13; received 1/8/13.

The product arrived in a small cardboard box. There was no invoice or any indication that a charge to my credit card would be made.

Company claims the free trial also enrolled me in a automatic, monthly product purchase which could be canceled during the trial period.

Company, ************ claims all information was disclosed at time of purchase; it was not disclosed nor was it clearly shown that this short trial period ended at virtually the time the product was received.

It was not disclosed that the product shipped was in two parts, shipped together. Part one was 5-days worth of product (free) and part two was 30-days worth of product. The 30-day supply was not free and was not ordered or requested. The credit card was charged $76.13 on 1/13/13 for the 30-day supply.

On 1/18/13 I called *********** and canceled the automatic monthly purchase and asked for a refund. The spokeswoman refused saying that it was outside the free trial period.

I only want a refund of the $74.13 for a product that I did not order and was shipped with the initial free trial sample.

I am willing at my own expense to ship the product as I received it (unused and unopened) back to the company.

*********

We recently received your complaint from the Better Business Bureau regarding your *********** account. We take complaints very seriously and we hope this response will provide you with additional information. According to our records, we received your order on January 3, 2013 and shipped your package the next day.

Since we did not hear from you during your trial period, you were charged $76.13 on January 13, 2013. The first time we heard from you regarding the cancelation of your account was on January 18, 2013 after you had already been charged. Your account was immediately canceled and you have not received any shipments or charges since then.
I apologize, but you are not eligible for any refund. Your account is canceled and you will not receive any further shipments or charges. Additionally we are unable to assist you with any products you may have ordered other than our own.
**********

THIS IS NOT A "PROPOSED RESOLUTION."

TO the BBB:

I was duped and cheated by a company that protected a rigged "free trial" with fine print. Tooth whitening is a long-tern process and a trial lasting for less than 10 days could not produce positive results and induce the customer to order the product.

Instead, this company signs the duped buyer into a continuing order process to extort money.

Take no further action and close the case as NOT RESOLVED.

Please inform me of any Class Action suits.

*********
We do not offer a sample. We offer a free trial. Every customer is required to agree to our purchase terms before they are allowed to submit their order. Our terms are located on the same page that the customer enters their credit card information; a customer can read the full purchase terms before submitting their order. Regardless of where you found our offer, you were redirected to our website to enter your order information and agree to the purchase terms.
By paying the $1 Trial entry fee and the shipping and handling charge of $1 to $9.47, you will receive a one week trial of************ complete with professional quality 3ml dental syringe with 22% carbamide peroxide mint flavored solution, dental impression mouth piece tray, instruction booklet and shade whitening comparison chart. This free trial kit is yours to keep. You will also receive a complete program full tooth whitening kit.
Ten (10) days from the date of order processing, unless you decide to take an action to cancel (by calling our customer service center at ************** (International callers please call ********* ***** or www.BellaBrite.com), we'll conveniently bill your credit card $76.13 for the full 30 day tooth whitening Complete Program.
**********

08/13/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

product burned my gums, very dangerous product, trying to cancel my subscription with company, this product is dangerous painful + was used correctly
Bella at Home free trial this ONE came from WEB Fufilment Center 7565 commercial way henderson nv 89011-6616
PRODUCT is Dangerous for in home use

to be removed from any of their billing or future advertising immediately this product burned my entire mouth and of course not effective when used as directed, It is not safe and will damage peoples gums. I do not want to continue with program in anyway.

06/30/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I ordered a sample, paid for the sample and a few days later they charged my credit card for the amount above without authorization.
They did not say on the website that it was a trial period and that you would automatically be charged. I have NOT received anything for the $*****

I want a full refund of $*****

05/16/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I did a FREE trail of Bellabrite & never used any of the products. No return address given & Not able to contact them to cancel & was recently charged
I did a FREE trail of Bellabrite on 1/11/2014 and never used any of the products I had received from them. I tried to email the to cancel and return the products back but I got a send failure message and my email came back because all 3 emails ( ***************@BellaBrite.com, ***************@bellabrite.com & *******@bellabrite.com) were no longer being used. I them tried going on their website bellabrit.com but this too was no longer working & when I was able to get through on the phone they hung up on me otherwise it just rang. I just wanted to be given the chance to cancel like I was trying to and send back what I had. I did get a business address online and sent back my Unopened & unused free trail shipment I received to them at XXXXX W 120th Ave Ste 400, Broomfield, CO XXXXX-XXXX along with a letter to cancel my trail & not send any other products to me and NOT to charge my account again. I thought I was fine because 1 month I never heard from them and never received anything back from them and I was not charged at that time beside the initial $3.87 I paid for the Free trail but I just received another shipment 3/10/2014. So again I tried calling & emailing them with no response. I again have NO return shipment address to send back these unopened & unused products (the address on the box that I received was 7565 Commercial Way, Ste E Unit E, Henderson,NV XXXXX-XXXX) so I am just unsure where to send back this shipment to & In the mist of all this I was just recently charged $103.04 on 4/8/2014 and I dont understand how they can still charge me but not have any working communication systems open for us to voice our complaints, concerns & or cancel free trails/orders or send back products so they can rectify the problem and explain what is happening on there end. I dont understand why they would charge me and send me stuff when I sent them a written letter along with the unused & unopened free trail shipment back telling them to cancel & NOT to charge me or send any more products.

I just want to be able to send back the products I have which are unopened and unused & get a FULL refund of $103.04

I did cancel my trail along with telling them to NOT charge me again or send anything again via snail mail despite the lack of communication lines on there end. But I was still charged & sent another shipment with no way to contact them. This charge is fraud as I did not authorize this charge and wrote them a letter specifically telling them NOT to ever charge me & NOT to ever send anything again.

Please HELP I just want this to be behind me and get back what is rightfully mine and never deal with Bellabrite again .

04/28/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I am objecting to this company taking advantage of people and misrepresenting their product.
on 2/24, I did request the free sample, which took 2 weeks to arrive. I have used the product and really can't tell any difference. I now have received a charge on my Visa. When I called them, they said by ordering the sample, I also signed-up for auto-delivery for another kit. That was not clear at all. This definitely a scam, and they are obviously taking advantage of people.

$92.13.

04/17/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

I CALLED BELLABRITE ON 1/27/2014 TO CANCEL THE ORDER. I WAS THEN CHARGED $92.13 ON 2/4/2014 AND THEN $103-04 ON 3/4/2014
I ORDERED BELABRITE STUFF ON 1/9/2014 RECEIVED IT ABOUT 1/12/2014 WAS CHARGED TWICE AMOUNTING TO $9.80.
ON 1/28/2014 I CALLED TO CANCEL.
ON 2/4/2014 I HAD $92.13 DEBITED FROM MY CREDIT CARD,
THEN ON 3/4/2014 I HAD $103.04 DEBITED
I CALLED THEM TO DAY THEY SAID THE HAD NOT RECEIVED A CANCELLATION CALL
I THEN DEMANDED MY MONEY BACK THEY SAID NO AT FIRST THEN THEY SAID THEY WOULD GIVE ME 30% I SAID THAT WAS NOT ACCEPTABLE THEY THEN OFFERED ME 60%
THEY THEN SAID MY ACCOUNT WOULD BE CREDITED IN 24 HOURS, THEN CHANGED IT TO 3-5 BUSINESS DAYS

$199.07 TO BE CREDITED TO MY MASTERCARD