BBB Accredited Business since
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Request a Quote
A BBB Accredited Business since
BBB has determined that 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty meets BBB accreditation standards, which include a commitment to make a good faith effort to resolve any consumer complaints. BBB Accredited Businesses pay a fee for accreditation review/monitoring and for support of BBB services to the public.
BBB accreditation does not mean that the business' products or services have been evaluated or endorsed by BBB, or that BBB has made a determination as to the business' product quality or competency in performing services.
Reason for Rating
BBB rating is based on 13 factors. Get the details about the factors considered.
Factors that affect the rating for 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty include:
- 888 complaint(s) filed against business
Customer Complaints Summary Read complaint details
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Problems with Product/Service||702|
|Total Closed Complaints||888|
Additional Complaint Information
Home Buyers Warranty encourages consumers to resolve any concerns or disputes directly with them first before filing a complaint with the BBB. The company has established a special phone number at 877-999-4201 to help resolve any consumer complaints.
For additional information on the home service contract industry, see the web site for National Home Service Contract Association at www.homeservicecontract.org.
In addition to the BBB Educational and General Comments below, here is important information you need to know about the company products:
* Problems that existed prior to the purchase of the home ARE NOT covered under most warranties. This is called a pre-existing condition.
* You MUST ALWAYS contact the warranty company first and receive authorization prior to having repairs completed. The company WILL NOT pay for any repairs performed without its prior approval.
* The company contracts with independent service providers in each locale of their service area and they grade their contractor's performance criteria along with time of response to the incident.
* Resale warranties ARE NOT contracts of insurance. They are limited home service agreements intended to cover breakdowns of specific items due to normal wear and tear.
* Resale warranties DO NOT relieve the home buyer from performing normal maintenance and minor repairs after they buy the home.
BBB continues to meet with the company to determine if the number of complaints are unusual in relation to the size of the company and its frequency of transactions and claim incidents.
Customer Reviews Summary Read customer reviews
|Customer Experience||Total Customer Reviews|
|Total Customer Reviews||152|
Licensing, Bonding or RegistrationMany local municipalities, townships and counties have registration, bonding and/or licensing requirements. The BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met. Permit and license requirements for regulated industries in the State of Colorado can be viewed at the following website: http://www.colorado.gov/pacific/dora/licenses-and-permits-0 To view the registration of a business with the Colorado Secretary of State click below: http://www.sos.state.co.us/biz/BusinessEntityCriteriaExt.do
Type of Entity
Business ManagementNelson Tennyson, Supervisor- Sales Support Mr. Michael Bartosch, President Ms. Lindsay Iten, Regulatory Affairs Spc Mr. David Underhill, Litigation Manager
Home Warranty Plans
Alternate Business Names2-10 Home Buyers Warranty of California, Inc. 2-10 Home Buyers Warranty of Virginia, Inc. Home Buyers Resale Warranty Home Buyers Resale Warranty Co. Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corp. Home Buyers Resale Warranty Corporation Home Buyers Warranty Corporation Home Buyers Warranty Corporation VI Home Trust Warranty
Industry TipsHome Resale Warranties Warranties
Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Summary
BBB Customer Review Rating plus BBB Rating Overview