BBB Accredited Business since 02/27/2014

Colorado Surgical Hair Center LLC

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

03/12/2015Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Never Met,Never Had "ANY" work done, and I live in New York City. I did speak with ***** ****** but cancelled not comfortable with procedure. 5k charg
Never Met, Never Had "ANY" work done, and I live in New York City. I did speak with ***** ****** but cancelled not comfortable with procedure. 5k charged.

Hi ****,

As you know there's mostly crapola on the Internet there are no risks on a hair transplant, other than your hair turning out looking a little off, and that's from people doing iutdated procedures.

I've been doing this for 27 years, no law suits, no nothing, and an A+ rating with the BBB. When you have questions or doubts, you should've asked me. Always a straight and honest answer.

I wish you would've let me know sooner. Stay off the internet! Unless your looking in the right places for info on hair restoration. This surgery has been around for 67 years. Did you watch the super bowl? *** ***** two hair transplants. And he wasn't the only one on the field that day who's had surgery either.

On Monday, February 9, 2015, **** <> wrote:
I have second thoughts about the procedure nothing to do with you or your company.
I can't justify the risk yet. Did some Google searching on the risks of hair transplants.
That definitely changed my mind.
Sent from Blue Mail

$5,000 was charged on Jan 28th 2014
by "****** ********

Please reverse as no services were performed.

I called *********** ******* Financing and Closed account however Balance remains until other side completes this.

Once the credit is issued I will remove this complaint in Full with prejudice against suing. I take it this company is very small and that's ok as long as this gets resolved Fully and in a timely manner. It's March 2, 2015 thus, charges are two billing cycles.

When a patient asks for financing, and sets a procedure date, this info is then given to the finance company, and they then become their client. We did not know this gentleman was charged after canceling his procedure. A simple phone call to the clinic and we would have rectified the issue the same day. This is the first we've heard of this, and after reading it, we immediately had the finance company issue a full credit, and eliminate any late fees or credit issues. We are told it will take 10 to 14 business days for this to reflect on his account. We just wish he would've contacted us sooner! Thank you.

Tried to contact 2xs no answer. In shock! Glad it was resolved as it only pertained to billing issues not any work they may due. Probably great doctors, however I filed a complaint as results were obtained without hunting business down. Please update your policies on cancellations or disclose what happens.

Could of been avoided if company did this sooner.
"First you heard of..." does not fly you are professionals hire a billing person or fire one. You know better.

01/12/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The donor area for my hair transplant became necrotic one week after the procedure. The clinic has not kept their promise to correct the damage.
I had a HT done by the named clinic, July of 2011.
The donor area became necrotic shortly after the procedure. Dead tissue had to be removed & an open wound on the back of my head, from ear to ear had to be left open to hopefully heal & close.
The owner (***** ******) and the surgeon were very apologetic about the circumstances and said they would do what it took to correct the damage as well as possible at their cost.
I explained I was moving to Ohio that Fall to be with my ailing father, how soon could it be fixed? They said it would take at least a year to heal before considering surgery. I was instructed to find a transplant clinic in my area,send the office info to Mr. ****** and the two clinics would correspond about my case.
A reputable clinic near Cleveland was found,funding was agreed upon & I had my first corrective surgery the summer of 2013. After the scarring had closed, I was left with a hairless band of skin on the back of my head, from ear to ear, some areas close to 21/2" in width. During my initial consultation, my new surgeon estimated it may take three surgeries to remove the hairless,damaged skin and rejoin the two regions above & below the scar tissue where hair still grew.
The first scar revision in 2013 went well and Mr. ****** was forthcoming with the payment to the surgeon on the day of surgery. A second scar revision surgery was scheduled for June of 2014.Mr.****** was in Europe at the time and couldn't be contacted to discuss payment. I needed to secure this date because my surgeon works several clinics and a follow up date was to far out for my circumstances.
My father had passed away, I was in the process of selling his house & had plans to move to N.Carolina. If I didn't use the scheduled date and the house sold, I would have to commute from NC to Cleveland for the procedure. I checked in N. Carolina for a surgeon and found none that I would take a chance with. The surgeon in Cleveland did a great job, I wanted to stick with him.
So I paid $1500.00 out of my retirement savings to go ahead with the procedure since Mr. ****** was in Europe. The results of the second surgery have gone well and I am very pleased so far. I contacted Mr. ****** later in the summer, told him I went ahead with the corrective surgery, and that I needed to be reimbursed for the cost of the scar revision. He agreed to make the payment after receiving photos of the 2nd surgery from the clinic in Cleveland.
Mr. ****** has acknowledged that he has reviewed the photos. I still hadn't received payment from him. On November 19,2014, by email he wrote that he was mistaken about being free to just write a check for that amount per his accountant. On that date he claimed his accountant
cleared him to write the check, and he assured me it would be in the mail the next day.
At this date, 12/04/14, I have received nothing. I have tried to speak to him by phone, I just go to VM, no callback. I write him emails, telling him it's been 6 months, I'm retired and I need that money back.No response.

At this point, I am tired of dealing with Mr. McTyre to keep a promise and repair what was damaged in his clinic. My wife was there as a witness at the time the promises were made, and I have pictures of the open wound and hairless dead area that was a result of it, if you need that information. I was not retired at the time this initially took place, I had to go to work with a full head dressing to keep the gaping wound clean.
Boy, did I get a lot of questions! I've had to live with the stress of whether this could really be repaired. I avoided swimming,wind outside,and had some really horrible haircuts just to cover this up! And now Mr. McTyre wants to burden me, a retired person on a fixed income,with financial stress as well.
As I said in my opening statement, I am done with Mr. McTyre. I am seeking $3,000.00 in compensation from him/clinic for the $1,500.00 I
paid for the scar revision this summer (2014) and $1,500.00 to be paid for the third corrective surgery my surgeon said won't take place for 18 to 24 months. I don't want to have to go through what I have done these past 6 months to get due compensation again.
Thank-you for any help you can be in this matter, it is appreciated - Mike.

I think there may be too many names to mention here to be posted, but we do want to respond. First, Chris McTyre is not the owner of this clinic. He is the Director, and handles all scheduling, and matters dealing with patients and the Doctor's at this clinic. I am responding to this for him, as he had neck surgery for fusion and plates installed, and he had complications right after the procedure and came close to not making it. He's tried coming in for a couple of days, but he's just not ready, and I told him to stay home. Here's the details on Mr. Reeves as I know them. Mr Reeves had a hair restoration procedure performed by Laura Darby, M.D. Mr. Reeves developed neocrosis after his procedure, which I found is due to not cleaning the head properly, and left an area of dead skin that needed to be removed by performing a scar revision. Dr. Darby of course offered to perform and correct at no charge. Mr Reeves informed the clinic he was moving to Ohio, and Mr. McTyre happened to know a couple of clinic owners out there, and offered to arrange for him to visit one close to him, and schedule and have his revision performed in Ohio. Things worked out, a revision was done, Dr Darby paid the clinic, and the clinic paid the office in Ohio. I believe a series of three revisions were scheduled. At the time of the second one, Dr Darby, who hasn't worked here in over two years, did not want to pay for than one revision. When the second one was done this year, it seems Mr Reeves paid for it himself, and is looking for repayment from the clinic. I know Mr McTyre has been trying to get payment from Dr Darby on this, and I believe her stance is since she hasn't been here in so long, and in her mind she has fulfilled her obligation by paying for the first one, and it's really not her problem anymore. The hold up has been trying to get payment from Dr Darby. Mr McTyre has tried every avenue possible, but with no luck. Not wanting to leave Mr Reeves in the lurch, if I could please have his current mailing address, I will get him his payment out upon receiving it. Thanks.

As stated in the response by Colorado Surgical Hair Center LLC, they would make the $1500.00 reimbursement payment as requested in case 75234119/c if they had my address, here it is below.

Michael D. Reeves
5878 Keller Road
New Franklin, Ohio

Thanks for the address

In this afternoon's mail I received a check for the total of $1500.00 as requested. I now consider case #75234119 resolved. Thank you Doctor for the payment and also to those at the BBB that assisted in this matter, Mike.

03/03/2014Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

This business charged the $3,000.00 purchase with a 14.9% interest rate as a mistake and have not fixed it going on 5 mos now. Supposed to be 0%/24 mo
On 9/13/2013 I was to be charged for a $3,000.00 service at a promotional rate of 0% for 24mos. As I was in the waiting room with my wife, the employee confirmed over the counter that we wanted the 0% financing for 24 mos that was being offered through Care Credit. I confirmed, yes. We have received a bill each month showing an interest rate of 14.9% (totaling $152.27 in interest charges so far over the last 5 statements). If this interest continues over the full 24 mos. we will have been unrightly charged $447.00 in interest.

I have contacted the office over 10 times in the last 5 mos to get this corrected and the only solution they offer is that they will send a request to "their agent" to get it corrected. Nothing has happened so today I called Care Credit and they said all they need is the office to call them and

II am seeking a correction to my billing statement with Care Credit that shows the accumulated interest charges reversed and the ongoing interest rate at 0% ending 09/03/2015.

Myself and another front office employee answered the calls from Mr. *******. First I ask that this ***plaint be removed from our business, and directed to the proper business, which is Care Credit. We, use them to offer financing to our patients, any issues that ***e up, have to be handled by Care Credit. When Mr. ******* called into an 800 number, and was referred to call our office for correction, that is incorrect. All we have here is a Care Credit merchant machine that can only run charges, and credits, not change interest plans. We also called Care credit and asking for a resolution, and was told to call our rep to correct the issue. I did, she came to our office, and I gave her the information, and the request to change this to a no interest loan for his procedure. She took the info, and said that's what I'm here for, and said consider it done. So in our thinking that was that. These needs to be directed to them, not us. They will correct the problem, we've used them for years. They may have not have moved on this as fast as they should have, but they will correct it. This ***plaint needs to be directed to:
Care Credit
****** ******
If by some slim chance they don't correct this problem, and I don't see that happening, we will have the patient close the account, pay him back any interest he has paid to date, and switch him over to the other ***pany we use that offers the same interest free plans. We work very hard to keep our rating, so please direct this ***plaint to where it belongs and take it off our record please.

***** ******

Although I have contacted the Care Credit representative provided by this business and the issue is supposed to be resolved, I am told that the changes can take up to 3 billing cycles to show on my bill. Until I see the changes on my billing statement, I do not see this issue resolved. On another note, this ***plaint IS against Colorado Surgical Center because thy provide me the service for which I paid and they rang up the charge incorrectly. It also is not he responsibility of the customer to get this fixed-good customer service would be the ***pany resolving this the 1st time the issue is brought (not 8 mos later with the customer having to do all the leg work).

We are the provider, not the bank, which is GE Money Bank that handles Care Credit. All we can do is request the change, which we did when first requested by the consumer. And like now, we were told it was taken care of. I understand his frustration, because we feel it too. When Care Credit doesn't do what they are supposed to, it makes us look bad. Once again, as before, Care Credit has contacted us to let us know that the issue is resolved, with all fees and interest dropped. We've been told this before, and I don't understand why this would take three billing cycles. We are at the mercy of Care credit as is the consumer, and we sincerely hope they follow through this time. This is a Care Credit issue, not ours. Because if we had control over this, it would have been corrected a long time ago.

I have confirmed the interest rate and accrued interest charges have been corrected. Luckily it did not take the few statement cycles like Care Credit said it might.

09/22/2014Billing / Collection Issues