Denver & Boulder, Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 08/29/2013

The Hollywood Body Laser Center

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

08/07/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased a voucher for a service and when I called to confirm my appointment date the lady first said I had no appt. then that it was that date
Called to confirm my appointment date which I believed to be July 18, and after the woman who picked up the phone had been rude from the get go she after saying I did not have ANY appointment changed it to the day I was calling to confirm. She then would not let me speak with the manager and she told me she would tell the manager to not change my appointment. The voucher was thru Living Social and she then told them that I had a confirmed appointment the date I called which I believe was July 10...I did not. She also when I firstcalled told me we don't take living social vouchers for laser services, I was not ever calling about that. I even tried to dispute this matter by asking living social to have the manager (******) call me, that never happened either. Basically Hollywood Laser kept my $99 and gave me nothing except for a rude person answering the phone who first said I did not have an appointment and then when she looked again decided it was the day I was calling! I did say I thought it was July 18 (Saturday) as I was working at the time and did not check which day it was (Thursday)..I even sent Living Social an email saying I was happy to go on the date I had down THURSDAY, JULY 18.

1. That since this ******* gal first said I did not have an appointment, well first she was rude saying we don't take Living Social vouchers, then telling me I DON"T have any appointment then saying do, an apology would be great...
2. I would like my money back, OR an appointment at one of their other locations where I would not have to see or talk to that woman.

She is upset that she didnt have her appointment right and trying to pass the blame on to someone else. When she called she said her appointment was on Saturday the 20th of July. since we dont do botox on Saturdays she couldnt have an appointment on the 20th she became rude and arugmenative. Her appointment was for July 10th at 4:45. Which was scheduled on June 7th at 10:07 am by ***** the receptionest. Everything is documented in the computer system. The real problem is she missed her appointment and has a fee of $60.00

If that was the case why did you tell me I did NOT have an appointment when I first called, there is no consistency nor logic in this answer. I called, you were rude when I mentioned Living Social reprimanded me that I had asked about Laser and when I gave you my name you said I did NOT have an appointment. Then when I explained I spoke to manager, etc. you came up with one! Seems very strange to me and almost as though you did not want to provide the product/service I had purchased and just came up coincidentally with that date and time. And then you came up with July 20, 2013! That date was never ever mentioned. You guys basically ripped me off, and I assure you that that is not the way to have a successful business. And furthermore you refused me the courtesy to speak with the manager, who does that? That is not how successful businesses are made or ran. It is completely unacceptable what happened.

From:**************
Sent: Wednesday, August 07, 2013 11:58 AM
To: **************
Subject: RE: Denver\ Boulder BBB ********

Sorry about that, we see hundreds of Living Social clients. It has not been an issue prior to this.
There was no rudeness on the behalf of the business, being positive about when her appointment is not rudeness but a matter of fact. It's understandable that she feels the way she does, on her behalf
most people do become irritated and defensive when they have missed an appointment. At this time she can get the value of her coupon minus a $30.00 fee that is normally $60.00.

Make it a great day!

*****************************************************************************************

12/13/2012Problems with Product / Service