In Denver & Boulder, Colorado

BBB Accredited Business since 10/28/2004

Westerra Credit Union (Headquarters)

Phone: (303) 321-4209Fax: (186) 620-8159 ext 7

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/03/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Credit, Billing or Collection Complaint Issue

Complaint: Unbeknownst to myself, Westerra has filed 6 separate times to Credit Reporting agencies on my Home Equity Line of Credit.
I have had this account for 10 years approximately.....and somehow I still owe $9600 when the loan itself was for $13,000 in approximately 2004.

I was NEVER late for over 9 years!! I lose my job and they say they will "work with me".

Yet, when I tell them I am unable to pay a particular month and need a week or two, they reported it to the Credit Bureaus!!

I still have not been given ANY ability to see exactly how much money i've given them over the past 9-10 years. I have been paying approximately $1000+ per year.....with only 3600 or so paid down on the balance.

THIS IS PREDATORY LENDING AT ITS FINEST.

Please see attached.

03/25/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Unauthorized bank debits

Complaint: Incorrect quote given and unauthorized debit to account.
On the 11th of Feb. I called Westerra and was given a payoff amount that was good through the 20th of Feb. On the 13th, I called back to pay off my car loan. On the 28th of February, Westerra turned around and debited my primary checking account again as if I was making a car payment again. I was told on the phone when I paid off my car, that no more transactions would occur. Apparently, the quote was off by 88 cents. Instead of calling me and informing me or simply taking out $0.88 from my account, they took $255.00 instead and then put the remainder into a savings account within their credit union. I do not live in Colorado any more, and requested to close this account, and was told I would have to come in person. I also requested a supervisor because they had misinformed me payoff amount. NOT ONCE DID I GET TO SPEAK TO A SUPERVISOR EITHER. The rep just continued to argue with me. I will NEVER do business with Westerra again and will make sure my family and friends in Colorado don't either.

We have reached out to the member multiple times and left messages by phone. A letter has been mailed to the member summarizing the transactions on the car loan which explains how the loan was paid and where the funds were deposited. We are now waiting for a response from the member. Due to privacy concerns we are not able to discuss this matter in detail.

My father, who lives in Colorado, was able to go in and get my money back for me, minus the $0.88. Westerra repeatedly apologized for THEIR error. No further action is necessary, other than I would like consumers to know to be diligent when dealing with their loan pay-off specialists, as well as their customer service who refused to give me a manager when I called.

06/11/2012Problems with Product / Service