BBB Accredited Business since 01/13/2012

Front Range Auto

Phone: (303) 659-1909Fax: (303) 469-0069

03/18/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They lied to us. Said they were paying off our trade in. but they just added it to the bill. We are paying $17000 for a $12000 truck.
February 15th we purchased a truck from front range auto in brighton CO. We got home and realized they scammed us. We are now paying $17000 for a $12000 truck. we gave them two vehicles for trade. and $2000 cash. and they still ripped us off

We want that $5000 difference refunded. Or we will take a lot of time in our lives to make sure this place gets a lot of bad reviews . They are dishonest and terrible people.

I just faxed over a response and a copy of the buyers order.
Thanks
Ed couch
************

attachment scanned

08/13/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

They promised to give me the spare tire, jack and to fix the car. They lied!
On June 22, 2013 I went to Front Range Auto in Brighton Co. I trade in my car, a 2005 Ford Focus for a 2008 PT Cruiser, it was running really ruff, like it wanted to stall out. Also there was no jack and spare tire, was told to bring it in the following week, they would make sure the car was fix, give me the jack and spare tire. I agreed to a down payment of $1000.00, plus my car. I gave them $200.00 in cash, I wrote 2 post dated checks for $400.00 each. They did fix the one problem with the AC, The one they fixed, was paid for by my extended warranty **** the sells man paid my $100.00 deductible. There are still more problems that have to be fix and they know about them. **** the General Manager told me not to drive the car and if I do, not to use the AC. When I ask about setting up a time to get the car in to get it fixed, I was told they would not fix anything else on the car, I told them I would stop payment on the 2 post dated checks. I was then told to come pick up the spare tire and jack. I went with my daughter in law, at that time we were told unless I gave them some money, I could not have the spare and jack. My daughter in law paid $100.00 toward the down payment and ask to have in writing, they will have the rest of the problems fixed on the car. She was handed the receipt for the $100.00, was told that I could not have the jack and spare tire. Unless I paid the balance on the deposit of $700.00, also they were not going to fix anything else on the car. I have received text messages telling me they are going to turn me in to the District Attorney for writing "Bad Checks". They are going to take my car back and now being told I have to pay a late fee of $50.00. They also said I would not be able to get the car licensed and registered. I sent them a certified letter, telling them when they give me the spare tire,***** and paid to have my car fixed as promised and I want this all in writing, I will give them a Cashiers Check for the balance owed on down payment. I did talk to a lawyer and this is what I was told to do, file a complaint with the BBB, also call the Attorney General of Colorado, the District Attorney for Adams County and Consumer Affairs Agency. The car has been financed by a different company. My 1st payment was made on July 22, 2013. Front Range Auto no longer owns this car. The finance company dose. Oh and one more thing, they added the pay off of the 2005 Ford on my amount to be paid to my finance company. Front Range Auto have my Ford and I am still paying for it, don't sound right to me. If I am still paying for it, I should still have that car too.

All I want from them is to have my car fix at no coast to me, my spare tire and jack. I do believe they should wave at lest half of the balance due on the down payment for the worried and stress they have put me through. If I was the owner of this dealership I would find another General Manager, that is if he is running a business that is not taking advantage of people, a specially the elderly.

************* is in default of her contract for bad checks this is just another attempt not to pay.I will forward signed paperwork of due bill that states sold as is as equipped at time of delivery the only work promised was to make radio work which we did. Also we spent over 700.00 to fix an air conditioning problem that was not on due bill. Even though ****** signed as is. Her first check was returned NSF for 200.00 which she came in and paid and at that time told me her check for 800.00 would not clear that she didn't have the money in the bank. She asked if I would take two check for 400.00 each to help her out which I did.When the first check went to bank she stopped payment she said because there wasn't enough money in bank to clear check I was also told the next check for 400.00 would not clear as her and her daughter came in to tell me they were having problems with money. At that time they gave us 100.00 towards the 400.00 check that was on July 12 2013. On July 17th I texted ****** because she said her phone wouldn't receive calls
I quote" I admit I owe you 700.00 I will bring it in cash no later then Aug.1st 2013 stopping payment is not a bad check" "I am not trying to defraud anyone I just want my car fixed". her car was repaired on July 3rd. 2013 by bending wrenches. I will fax you all paperwork due bill as is docs copy's of checks copy of text message and repair bills. ************* needs to bring in 700.00 cash or cashiers check or we will be forced to pursue legal action.

I did take my P T Cruiser to Bending Wrenches, It has been in that same shop 6 times, sense I first bought the car, June 22, 2013. This last time it had to be towed there. Now tell me just what is wrong with this picture? Did **** and Front Range Auto keep there word with me? No they did not!!! This car has cost more in repairs then the down payment, and now it will cost me even more to get it fix. I am wondering what else will happen to it next? I traded in a car that only needed to have ant-freeze added. there was nothing else wrong with my Ford. For a piece of **** car, that is eating me alive with repairs. I really believed **** when he told me in front of my daughter in law and a Brighton Police Officer, they would take care of getting the car fixed. **** from Bending Wrenches, did call **** at Front Range Auto and ask him if they will pay for the repairs, **** from Front Range Auto said "No, I am done!" So now I am stuck with a LEMON CAR! There is No Used Car Lemon Law in the state of Colorado, nothing to protect the consumers from these type of people. I am stuck with this car, that I can't drive and with 48 monthly payments. Good job **** from Front Range Auto, You really are good at what you do, taking advantage of people. All I have left to say now is "I am not done! I may have a car I can't drive, but I will come out on top. As I refuse to let people like you get me down. I do believe in Karma. Don't even bother to answer this as it will also be full of lies as all the rest you have said so far has been.

Ms.******* wants to engage in a confutation for some reason we do not all we wanted is for her to pay her down payment which she has done. We let her deal with **** because in her complaint she herself said so only liked dealing with **** so I let her deal with him. I only told her if she didn't make her checks good we would start legal action if that what she calls a threat. We take non payment and stooped payment checks very seriously. Bending Wrenches has had her parts for weeks and she already knows she has an appointment with them on Friday Aug. 9th. **** gave her a donut spare which I believe he took out of a PT Cruiser we have on the lot we are not a tire shop we don't have tires and that is the same tire he had for her behind his desk for weeks. Donut spares are made to get you from point A to point B at no more then 20 mph and I do Believe they are solid rubber however if she is not happy with it we can try and find her a different one. We never showed her a different spare we only had one that fit her car. Like I said before she will never be happy no matter what we do. I sorry she had a bad experience however none of this would have happened if all her down payment was in on time.

Auto Dealers-Used Cars