BBB Accredited Business since 05/09/2002

Econo Auto Sales, Inc.

Phone: (303) 623-1926

7 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

12/20/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The salesman, **** was incredibly rude to me and insulted me.
On 10/10/13 I went into the car lot with a friend looking for answers on why they wouldn't return items stolen from his car after being repo'd. Paper work for the car, cd's, and a Bluetooth were missing and they refused return them as well. When I asked the gentleman a question he told me I know nothing, I'm stupid and need to go to school to learn more. He was incredibly rude and condescending, when I got upset that he was talking to me inappropriatly he threatened to call the police

All the items returned as well as the down payment which they refuse to return for the car

Please see pdf attachment

10/28/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I was promised repairs upon purchase of car, engine went out was promised they would fix and they repossessed when I was not behind on payments
I purchased a 1997 suburban on 10/10/12 from Econo Auto sales working with Weston. We had agreed upon purchase that we would have new tires, the passenger door would be fixed and the windshield would be resealed. None of those ever happened. then in June 2013 the engine went out after several attempts to talk to them about my options I said I would file a complaint with BBB they then offered to pick up the car and fix it with all repair costs being financed on the end of my loan. I was late making a payment as I had no car to get to the dealership to make the payment we had agreed that I would make a payment on 7/12/13 and another one one 7/26/13 to cover June 2013 and July 2013 payments and would be in good standing and I could get my car back from repairs on 7/12/13. as agreed they picked up my car on 7/6/12 to start the repairs, on 7/11/13 I called to confirm it was ready for pick up the next day. at that time i was told they did not pick up the car for repairs that they repossessed the car and took it to an auction. at this time I was not pass 30 days late on payment. I have since not had a call returned from any one working there after making several attempts to reach them. I have since received a parking ticket from the vehicle that was issued on 7/16/13 after the vehicle was taking by the dealership and after i was told it had been auctioned. I feel very walked over, I would have never agree for them to get the vehicle if i knew I wasn't getting it back, I would have continued making payments and satisfied my loan, even if the car was not working. of course that was not the resolution i would want but it would be better than having no options at all.

I am looking for a vehicle, I have paid over 5000 towards the suburban, I was fine having additional financing to cover repairs. my payment amount was $420 per month I always paid at least $440, I am wanting another vehicle that compares to the one I had and I want what I paid towards the 97 suburban to go towards the new car, I will settle if even half of that goes towards the new car. I would be happy to start A 22 month loan over as long as there is no down payment for a new vehicle. If that is not possible then I want some or all of my money back.

Thanks very much for contacting us regarding this matter.
Mrs. ******* purchased the 1997 Chevy on 1/10/2012.
Customer made few monthly payments as agreed on their loan.
Customer became delinquent in February, made many promises to pay which were always broken.
Right to cure was sent out on 04/24/2013.
Customer fail to respond to us regarding the past due balance.
After a long attempts customer were contacted.
Customer request the vehicle to be towed to a service shop for evaluation.
Mrs. ******* Husband indicate that they have never changed the oil.
Mechanic indicate because of not changing the oil, the engine is freeze.
We tried to work with customer in a payment plan to repair the car.
Customer keep promising that they will bring the loan current, which never happened.
We would be happy to work with the customer if they bring their loan current.
Please feel free to call me at ************* if I can be any help.

06/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Repossession of vehicle prior to due date.
My vehicle was sold to a new company and I was informed by Weston to make the payment to Mid Atlantic. Prior to receiving the paper work from my new lender which is dated April 1, 2013 (not received until April 2 2013)my vehicle was repossed and I recieved threaten phone calls I kept on my voice mail that they will contact the police. Although, my payment was due with the new finance company.

Reimburse me for all vehicle payments since they broke an agreement and threaten my livelihood.

Thank you very much to contacting us regarding this matter,
Mr. ***** ********* has been misinforming us in many different occasions and try to defraud the creditor.
We have tried in many occasion to work with Mr. *********.
Unfortunately he has not been providing us the truth, and has been violated our contract.

Econo Auto Sales Team

Spoke with MAF representative and supervisor whom Weston with Econo Auto Sales sold vehicle too at number ************ today April 16, 2013. Apparently vehicle is own by them and was seeking their first payment this month and as I advice multiple times Econo took the truck prior to recieving information from them. THEY STATED BOLDLY THEY HAVE NO CLUE OR WHY IT WAS REPOSSED, since I wasn't behind on payment and that they now own the loan. They refer me to contact Wes whom was very disrespectable and only reason he state he took the truck because I didn't answer a phone call (which was threatening and he never stated his name or business, which I saved on voicemail). I have a payment schedule and book provided also by MAF which payment doesn't start until April 21.

04/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

econo auto failed to repair vehicle in the legal time giving. also failed to complete paperwork upon sale.

I purchased a vehicle from Econo ao
uto sales 0n 10/13/12. First, in the contract that states, " work promised to be performed at time of sale". install drive shaft. this was never done until $
4 weeks after purchase. Second, I brought the vehicle to get its emission test within the time granted in the 3 day voucher. The vehicle was rejected because of braking light system was stuck on. Although I continued to make my $250 payment every Sat, ****** the car salesman would just keep saying we'll get to it don't worry. I put down $350 and continued to make 4 payments. After the 4th payment which was on 11/10/12, the next wk ****** scheduled an appt to have the drive shaft isnstalled. The shaft was installed poorly or incorrect, cause it ended up snowing that wk and I couldn't put the truck in four whl drive. It made horrendous sounds and would not lock in. I called ****** right then and told him about the problem. He told me he would take care of it. Never heard anything again about fixing it.Even with these two issues going on I still made my payments while making phone calls and asking every time I made a payment, "when can we get this truck fixed"? I just got the same answer everytime. We'll get to. But would never schedule time to make repairs. Now Econo is trying too intimidate me into giving them a copy of my monthly disability check,(cause they never made copy of it on the day of vehicle purchase) which is also supposed to be done apon sale. I feel this company is trying to bully me around and is selling a lemon. They did repo the vehicle cause I didn"y make the 5th and final payment. I just found it hard to believe that they were going fix it properly cause it had already been 5 wkks since I had the truck. I went to the dealership on 12/1/12 and discussed the situation that had been going on with the salesman their(******)I talked with the owner(Sied) and expressed that I just wanted my money back that I had invested $1330.00. He said thats impossible cause I broke the contract by not making the last payment. I expressed to Sied that ****** (Econo) had broke the contract Twice in the first two weeks by not doing the repairs. He does not feel he is in the wrong. All I want is my Money back. I don't want that truck back or to do business with them at all. 2000 Dodg Dakota VIN *****************

The $1330.00 I paid towards the vehicle

Mr. ******* **** **** came and purchase a pickup truck from us on 10/13/2012.
1.Mr. **** did not bring the truck back on time to finish the promised work, even though the "Due Bill" was expires on 10/20/2012 Econo Auto sales Inc. still full fill the "Due Bill".
2. Mr. **** Never inform us of the emission problem and give us a chance to look at the truck to repair. Even though the truck was in good operating condition and did not have any 'brake light" on at the time of delivery.
3.Mr. **** had missed lead us on his credit application.
4.Mr. **** promised us to pay the pick pays as part of done payments which Mr. **** did not pay, and/or on time.
5.Mr. **** did not complete his Pick pays, and default on the contract.
6.We made many phone calls to Mr. **** to remind him of his promises and
Mr. **** ignore his responsibility.
7. We have to Repo his truck since he was in default of none payment of his done payment.
8. We offer many option to Mr. **** of paying and redeem his truck.
9. Mr. **** had not full fill his promises.
10. We are happy to work with Mr. **** , if his willing to pay the done payments and the payments with few guarantees, and correct the miss leading info on his credit app.
11. We delivered what we promised to Mr. ****.

Please feel free to contact us if you have any other questions.
Thanks

Economic auto did not honor there contract in fixing the vehicle in the time that they had giving by law. Also, to say that I lied about my finances has angered me even more. They never took my financial information and made copies. Which they should have. I had a copy of my monthly income when I purchased the vehicle. They said they didn't need to see it. I will not stop my pursuit on this case, tell they make the correct lawful choice and return my money. My next step is to send in the copy of my complaint to the dealer board. I was hoping to not have to do it, but it looks like I have to.

From: ***** ****** (mailto:*****************)
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 10:32 PM
To: Better Business Bureau; ***** ******
Subject: Re: BBB Complaint Case#********(Ref#*************************)

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. Mr **** had fail to pay the done payment, so the contract was voided.
The truck did not have any emission problem for not passing emission.The truck has passed emission test with no problem.
Please feel free to contact us if we can be help.
Econo Auto Sales

10/21/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I traded my vehicle and the dealer was given a payoff amount. Check was sent to Econo on March 5, 2013. The amount was $333.09 more than really due.
I traded in the vehicle purchased fron Econo. The amount of payoff did not include my last payment made. A check was sent to them from ************ for $4974 on March 5, 2013. The payoff was actually $4640.91. So I am due $333.09. I have contacted Econo regarding the overpayment and habe not heard anything. I have left messages and sent e-mails. The whole experience with them has been terrible from the beginning.

I want the $333.09 due me and the Gap insurance insurance refund sent by Federal Express. I feel I have waited long enough.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter, ***************** was provided a 10 days' pay off on Feb, 15 2013. Econo Auto Sales received a pay off check from *********** Acura on March 8, 2013.
According to our soft ware DMS, there was over pay by $211.38.
A check was sent to **********n Acura for a $211.38 for over pay.
Since Mr. ************ has request us to cancel her Gap on May 9, 2013. We have sent a rewritten request to Gap company to possess the cancellation for gap too.
Econo Auto Sales Team

I select no because I am not satisfied and never will be. No matter how many letters are sent nothing will change. I was told by Saied it is a closed transaction and he wasted too much time on it. I will never believe that the amount sent to me was correct. This business' customer service is rated F. They promise one thing and do something totally different. Saied kept telling me I had papers that I never was given and would not supply the proof for me. I wouldn't refer them to my worst enemy. So I guess you will need to close this case anyway. If you can get me a print out of my account activity which is what I asked for in February & a copy of the GAP policy I would at least have what I asked for as far as paperwork. I still don't see how 1 extra day as ***** called it cost an additional $100 in interest?

Thanks for contacting us regarding this mater, Two checks has been send to Mrs. ******
One for the different on the pay off.
One for Gap refund, even this refund was not due to customer.
*****

06/10/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

I was verbally advised the mileage on the car I was sold was valid. My bill of sale today shows not true mileage.
In 09/2012 I purchased a '99 Subaru Outback with 74000 miles. I was advised verbally this was true mileage. I was shown a Carfax with a slight discrepancy explained away as a typo at a garage. The dates I was shown made sense. I was in the office for a good 2 hours being pressured by the salesman as I just wasn't sure. He was very pushy and very rude during the whole sale. I signed all paperwork and bill sale being shown the mileage on the odometer, but not explained the area indication true mileage. After I signed the BOS, the salesman signed and checked the area indicating this is not the true mileage of the vehicle. At the time, I had no idea what that meant. Since the purchase, I have seen and spoken to a number of mechanics that felt strongly I was a victim of odometer fraud. Today, 02/11/2013, I finally spoke with a mechanic that looked at the recent CarFax and my paperwork to help me with the issue. He discovered the dates on the CarFax regarding the odometer issue were years apart, not months as I was shown. He also explained the Bill of Sale to me advising that the box was checked advising this is not the car's true mileage. He estimates the car has around 160,000+ miles on it. I bought the car from the dealer at $350 per month for 36 months with $2,500 down. After all is said and done, I will have paid $15,100 dollars for a 1999 vehicle that is now suffering serious mechanical issues. The odometer/speedometer stopped working and the engine light came on days after purchase. When I spoke to the dealer about this, he told me there was nothing he could do. I also replaced the battery and alternator in early November. I do not see any of this as ethical and I feel as though something should be done.

All I want is to return the car and get all the money I paid the dealer back. Currently that amount is $3,900, but will go up $350 more with each passing month.

Thank you for contacting us regarding this matter. We at Econo auto sales would appreciate every single of our customer for their support, at the same time would like to offer our $500.00 coupon on the next purchase, and %10 discount on the pay off for the next thirty days.
We always provide everything in writing and explain the process, it is up to customer how to handle the facts and the information before any singing.
We have provide the car fax with not true mileage and explain not true mileage , even we are not supposed to for the car over 10 years old.
Please feel free to contact us if we can be in any help.
Econo Auto sales

I am driving this car daily and am still keeping up with the expected monthly and insurance payments. There is, however, no "enjoyment" as Saeid puts it. This car is still a thorn in my side, but I drive it because I have to and am paying for it. I just took it to my own mechanic and was quoted over $3000 in repairs needed for the car to function. Not to mention the $1500 in regular high mileage maintenance it did not get due to the false reading on the odometer. Saeid's offer to bring to a mechanic is very suspect to me. He will not give me the name of the mechanic. He expects me to take time from my life to drive my car 30 minutes across town and drop it off to him to take to some unknown mechanic. Leaving me without a car. I have a day job I need to pay for this bucket he sold me. His solution is completely outrageous and I am unable to accept his terms.

The issue here are the lies his salesman told me regarding the maintenance on the car and the odometer reading. The lies he told me to get me to sign the paperwork. He says they told me about the odometer issues, that the car doesn't show true mileage, but that is a flat out lie. They used high pressure tactics and complete dishonesty to get me into this car.

Thank you for contacting Econo Auto sales regarding this matter again. I (Saeid Ghaemi) have talked to Mrs. ****** ****** in several deferent time and tried to do our best as a good faith to resolve her misunderstanding, she has signed all of our documents with the understanding of all the documents content.
she has been driving the car daily and enjoying the car as far as we know.
I have offered her to bring the car and let our independent mechanic look at the car to make sure everything is in good operating condition, and it has not happened so far.

04/24/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Automobile purchased did not pass emissions as required by Colorado law and was not repaired in a timely fashion
Dear Econo Auto Sales,
After waiting patiently to have the 2001 Honda Accord EX repaired to pass emissions, I have no choice but to demand my $500.00 down payment and the transaction voided immediately.
Even though I signed the contract on February 28, 2013, I did not take possession of the vehicle until March 2 due to a faulty fuse that controlled the driver seat that was fixed by your organization. At the time of the signing of the contracts, I also requested that the noise the vehicle was making on the front driver and passenger side be repaired also, which I was told to make arrangement to have it scheduled for maintenance by March 7, 2013. The salesman, ********* **** stated he thought it could possibly be the "strut mounts".
In the meantime, as required in the appropriate time frame, I had the vehicle in question, tested for emissions on March 4, 2013 at approximately 5:15 PM. As you know, the vehicle failed. I brought the vehicle back to the dealership on March 5, 2013 at 9AM as required by Colorado statue by tow at my expense to have these issues taken care of.
According to your dealership, the struts and the strut mounts have been repaired but I have been told that the repair shop has been waiting for the "proper" catalytic converter for the vehicle to possibly fix the emission issues.
It now has been 11 days since I brought the vehicle back and I cannot wait any longer. The only reason why I purchased a vehicle from your organization was that I was told I could drive off with the vehicle "immediately" and make partial down payments every two weeks. Since I do not have a vehicle in my possession, I have no choice but to purchase another vehicle that I can immediately have possession of.
I expect that my 500.00 will be refunded immediately and sent to my address on record.

The above letter was written on March 16, 2013 and mailed that day. According to the postal service, the letter was delivered to Econo Auto on Monday March 18, 2013.

I did not hear from the dealership until Friday March 22, 2013 when the salesperson, ************** called me to state the Honda was going to be ready later that day.

I then proceeded to inform him I wrote a letter to the owner a few days before demanding my down payment of 500.00 returned to me and the contract voided.

As stated, the vehicle did not pass emissions and was not repaired in a timely manner. According to Colorado statues, the vehicle is to repaired and tested within 10 calendar days after the initial failure, which occurred on March 4th.

I respectfully request that I have my 500.00 refunded.

500.00 refund and the transaction voided

Thank you for contacting Econo Auto Sales regarding this matter. Econo auto Sales value every customer compliant and purchase.
Mrs. ***** asked to us at the time of purcahse few item to be look at.
Driver seat was one of the items, which got look at and brought to the condition Mrs. ***** was requested.
The car was brouht to us for failing emision on 03-05-2013. The car was sent to repair shop to be fix .
The parts for emision was order and had to be ship to colorado. The customer were inform about the isue and sujeted to us to keep the car till the repair for emission is done .The car was brought to us after the repair with certifacate of emission on 03-22-2013.
Even though Customer fail on the done payment ( pick Payment), we still give a chance to customer to bring the payment current and pick the car up.
Customer refuse to bring the payment current and did not pick the car up, in result the contract was voided.
We are very sorry that customer has fialed on the done payment, we would be happy to offfer $500.00 off of any of our used cars for next 30 days.
Please feel free to call us if we can be any help.
Econo Auto Sales

In reference to the emissions, I was told the part had to be ordered on March 8, 2013 at approximately 12:15 pm (according to my phone records) and told them to keep the vehicle until it was fixed after the sales broker told me it would be a "couple of days". The only REASON I told them to keep the car was that I wanted to make sure that I complied with the Colorado statue in regards to the emission problem and that the dealership could not come back on me and state it was "my fault"

However, not only is the respondent not stating they told me it was only going to take a "couple of days" but furthermore the respondent is not stating they called me and told me the mechanic ordered the wrong part. Ordering the wrong part is NOT MY PROBLEM and I still did not have a vehicle to DRIVE!

A week had gone by after this phone call and I still had NO STATUS ON MY VEHICLE. When I had not heard from the dealership by the morning of March 16, 2013 regarding the vehicle (which was 10 days after the vehicle failed emissions), I had no choice but to demand my 500.00 back and purchase another vehicle. That letter was written on March 16 and received by the dealership on March 18 according to postal records.

I did not hear from the dealership AGAIN until 03/22/13 when I did refuse to pick up the car because the emissions repairs were not done and retested within 10 days as stated by statue.

As stated, in my original letter, the ONLY REASON I bought a car from this place was because I could DRIVE IT IMMEDIATELY not for it to take from March 5 at 9AM until March 22 at 11AM when they called me to let me know it was finished which I find unacceptable. I find it hard to believe that it would take this LONG to repair an emission problem.

I do have phone records to prove that NO ONE from the dealership attempted to contact me on the status of the vehicle for those 2 weeks in question

The only acceptable resolution would be my 500.00 refunded IMMEDIATELY. I have already purchased another vehicle so I will not accept their counteroffer of choosing another vehicle from their dealership.

As you already know, I have filed a complaint to the State of Colorado Department of Revenue. If this is not resolved to my satisfaction, I will also file a complaint to the dealership board.

Sincerely, *******. *****