Denver & Boulder, Colorado

Tynan's Nissan, Inc.

10 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 4 closed in last 12 months

06/04/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Me and my husband purchased a Nissan rogue on 5/3/14 we worked with Star B she told us the Rogue is a 2011. That is the only reason we agreed to the purchase price of ********. we just found out today that we purchased a 2008 I feel like we was baited and switch. The Kelly blue book for a 2008 rogue is ******** I understand that I would not be able to get the vehicle for that but ******** for a 2008 in not reasonable. I am asking that you meet me half way.

i am asking that you meet me half way with the cost from what i was told i was getting a 20011 to a 2008 purchase price

After having thoroughly interviewed the salesperson, sales manager and finance manager involved with this transaction, I do not know how Ms. ******** could possibly have walked away with the impression that the 2008 Nissan Rogue she purchased from us on May 3rd, 2014 was, in fact, a 2011 model. On the purchase order, Bill of Sale and all accompanying paperwork she signed (and copies of which she was given), this vehicle is clearly depicted as being a 2008 model year Nissan Rogue.

As far as this vehicle having a Kelly Blue Book value of $******, I have attached the official KBB sheet showing a retail value of $****** as well as the vehicle's CARFAX vehicle history report showing that (based on the information contained therein), the Rogue should be sold for $*** ABOVE KBB retail value, or $******. Also attached is a copy of the buyer's order (signed by the customer) showing a selling price of $********* (before sales tax and fees), or some $***** BELOW the combined suggested retail value of the vehicle.

Based on this information, we strongly feel we have done nothing wrong and sold this vehicle in good faith and at a fair price.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

General Sales Manager
Tynan's Nissan, Inc.
************

i am not sure who you interview but when we test drove the Nissan Rogue **** told me and my husband that it was a 2011 the SUV was not marked I had no way of verify the information. So I trusted your sales rep. when we went to sign the paper work **** the "finance manager" she said " so what made you buy a 2008 VW jetta RELLY REALLY we are not getting a VW Jetta. She said oops we have the vin number wrong . she had **** run out and get the correct Vin number never did she tell me I was getting a 2008 Rogue. As fair as the Kelly blue book WRONG again Navigation system must be in the 2011 you did not sell me because it is not in the 2008 Rogue. Again with the lies... roof rack again not in the 2008 good try "certified pre-owned " really ****** I don't think so the only thing that I will include in the KBB( Kelly blue book is the moon roof and the privacy Glass ( only on the back windows ) so if you take the ****** - the *** for the wheels and the privacy Glass I am coming up with ********* but I guess that is how you do business you lie to get your customers. But looks like you and **** and **** are a bunch or liars and that is how you make your money. I would never recommend you to anyone.

****** ********
************

If we take another look at the breakdown of the KBB retail value I had attached to my original response and start with the base value of $******, to this number, we add:

+ $*** for the aluminum alloy wheels
+ $*** for the rear tinted windows
+ $*** for the moonroof

And:

+ $***** for the low mileage adjustment,

we arrive at a KBB retail value of $******.

Even though dealers are not required to sell used vehicles according to book values, we would be happy to refund Ms. ******** the $****** difference between the revised book value and the $********* agreed-upon selling price of the vehicle.

Please let me know if this proposed resolution is satisfactory and I will have a check cut and mailed immediately.

05/05/2014Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

We went online and found a coupon for $****** off of a car purchase. We purchased a car. They did not honor the coupon that they gave us.
We started shopping for a car. We visited ***** ****** website. On the website we were offered a coupon of $****** off a car purchase that we test drove. The coupon had no restrictions. We came from Grand Junction CO to Aurora CO to test drive the car. We chose to purchase the 2010 ****** Rogue on 2/28/14 the same day that we test drove the 2010 ****** Rogue. We said that we would test drive the Rogue on 2/28/14 the same day that we bought it. We were sent to the special financing area from the internet area. We were told that we had to purchase the car from the special financing area by the internet area. They did not honor the coupon at the time by saying that they had to check with the internet area who would honor the purchase and the coupon. We asked *********** the salesman several times about the coupon. He said that he was checking with the internet area on 3/1/14. He said that they would honor the coupon on 3/3/14 by giving us a check for $******. He told us several times that they would cut the $****** check and send it to us. He told this on 3/13/14, 3/15/14 and 3/18/14. Then on 3/21/14 he said that they would send us a gift certificate for the Apple store for $****** and that we should receive that certificate any day now. We never received the certificate. We called *********** on 4/3/14 and 4/4/14. He did not call back. We called **** ***** who is the internet manager on 4/4/14. She said that she would contact **** and his manager. She did that. **** nor his manager called back. I call **** again on 4/5/14 she said that they would call me back on both 4/4/14 and 4/5/14. **** nor his manager called us back. All we want is what they promised us. Either the check for $****** or the gift certification to the Apple store like they have promised over and over again.

We want them to give us what they promised. They promised us a check for $****** or a gift certification for $****** to the Apple store.

We are very sorry for all of the apparent miscommunication between us and Mr. ********. The check for $****** has been cut to the "Apple Store" and will be mailed today (Friday April 18th, 2014) Please have the customer contact me directly if the check is not received in a few days.

Thanks,
General Sales Manager

11/26/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Tynans Nissan finance manager improperly added Gap insurance and extended warranty without notification
On October 18 I had a automobile accident resulting in paralysis on left side and seizures. Also as a result of diabetic glucose level eyesight was damaged. On Nov 8th I went to Tynan Nissan to purchase a replacement car as my car was totaled in the accident. A new 2013 Nissan Sentra was chosen and I was already pre approved for the auto loan.
After waiting for 4 hours it was time to close the deal and sign all finance paperwork. Due to limited vision I was guided through the process showing me where to initial and sign. After completion, I left car at lot and drove rental car to work.
When I returned home from work, I reviewed the paperwork for financing the car and was surprised to find additional amount of $2300.00 (Two thousand three hundred) added. This was two thousand dollars for extended warranty and three hundred dollars for Gap insurance. None of these items were ever discussed during the sale process. I was upset that Tynan Nissan rep had without my knowledge added these two items without my consent. I immediately sent an email to sale rep that I was upset and would file a complaint with BBB and Colorado State District Attorney Office. The following morning I received a call at 9am stating " Sorry for what happened, no problem...we can take care of that and get that taken care of " and that I would receive a full refund for the 2300 dollars. I explained I would elect to keep the Gap Insurance for 300 dollars. Plans were made to pick up car the next day.
The next day I took a taxi to the Tynan Nissan dealership to pick up vehicle. After waiting 45 minutes Finance manager asked to speak to me in office and stated he was sorry but it was common practice to add such items. That the target amount was based on monthly agreed payments. I told him I felt I was mislead and ripped off. I felt I was entitled to that 2000 dollars refund. I was furious that somebody would take it upon themselves to purchase items that were not only not discussed, but deliberately and intentionally placed on final paperwork. Also I felt taken advantage of due to my impaired eyesight. He stated to remove the extended warranty/ service contract I would have to redo the whole loan. And he went on to try to hustle me me by patting himself on the back by bragging about his years in the business, reputation etc.I was not impressed and felt it was just another intentional ploy..I also knew with all the recent inquiries my credit score had already dropped 50 points and very questionable of this man's intentions and actions if I proceeded with redoing the loan process. I felt he intentionally mislead me and used inappropriate sales practices by adding this items without my consent and never discussing them. I felt I should be given the refund of 2000 dollars he fraudulently added to my car invoice. It felt no different than somebody improperly writing out one of my checks or placing items in my shopping cart at a store and expecting me to pay for items I had not consented to. I felt having to start the process over was just another game of this dishonest fiance manager and issuing a refund was all that was needed. I feel Tynan Nissan employee deliberately and intentionally defrauded me out of 2000 dollars and took advantage of my impaired eyesight while I dealt in good faith in purchasing a vehicle from this dealership.

$2000.00 Two thousand dollars for refund of service contract/ extended warranty I never agreed to or wanted to purchase.

As soon as I became aware of Mr. ******* situation, I pulled the deal file from our office. I take allegations like these very seriously and felt compelled to get to the bottom of things in order to make sure my employees did nothing wrong and that their actions are in complete compliance with state and federal rules.

As a rule, every one of our transactions includes a full-disclosure menu of all finance & insurance products available to our customers as part of their new or used vehicle purchase. If the customer elects not to purchase any of these optional protection products (i.e. GAP coverage, vehicle service contract, etc.) the customer is made to sign a "waiver" to indicate and provide clear documentation of the fact that he/she was made aware of and offered these products but declined their purchase.

In the case of Mr. ******* vehicle purchase, he had clearly and conspicuously agreed to purchase the extended service agreement and GAP coverage by signing for this option on the product menu (as well as buyer's order and contract.)

After Mr. ***** emailed us after the point of sale with his complaint of having been sold these products without his knowledge, we let him know that the purchase of any such products is 100% optional and that we would be happy to cancel both products for a full refund.

However, our dealer agreements with the banks with which we do business dictate any refund from the cancellation of protection products be applied to the customer's principal loan balance vs. the refund being issued directly to the customer.

Hence, if, in fact, Mr. ***** has experienced a change of heart in reference to having purchased the $2,000 extended service agreement, we will be more than happy to cancel the latter and send the refund directly to his lienholder to be applied toward his outstanding loan balance.

I am satisfied if the 2000 dollar amount is indeed refunded to the balance financed. I may not agree with the company's version of how transaction transpired nor the reference to" change of heart" but all I want or need is extended warranty service contract canceled and 2000 dollars refunded to amount financed to the lienholder.This would indeed satisfy my complaint.

07/11/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

They advertised 2 suvs for about $11,000 off MSRP. Upon visiting the dealership, they said the prices were incorrect and the cost was $6,000 higher
On 6/16/13 I noticed the dealership had 2 sales expiring on monday evening for around $11,000-$12,000 off MSRP. Originally the vehicle I wanted had an MSRP of around $47,000, but the special which eneded tomorrow was for $35,000. There was another Armada that was similarly discounted on the site. The site was the companies direct site and not a second party site. The vehicles were 2 Nissan Armada's. The sales were also advertised on Craigslist. I then went down to the dealership on monday morning around 9am to view the vehicles. I spoke with ********** who also logged on to the site and verified the price. I asked them to give us a trade in value on our vehicle and he agreed. The sales manager was in a meeting, so **** said he will put all the numbers together and he would get back to us later that day. They called us back and said it was a typing mistake and the vehicle is actually $6,000 to $7,000 higher than previously listed. They had since modified the dealerships website to reflect both changes to the Armada's. The final day sale tag was gone and a new 7 day sale tag was replaced. Both vehicle prices were changed on the site after they lured us to the dealership.
I can not think of a more clear bait and switch example of horrific business practices. I have contact the company two times to discuss the issue and have not heard back from anyone.

The company falsely advertised a sale price in order to lure me down there. The company was aware of the sale price of the vehicle and I would like them to honor their advertised price.

On May 3rd of this year, Nissan made it known that it was lowering the MSRP's on seven (7) of its core models, of which the Armada is one. The challenge of this endeavor lay in the fact that a manufacturer cannot change a window sticker price on vehicles already on the ground, on dealers' lots, so Nissan's solution was to institute an "equipment allowance" rebate in the amount of the MSRP reduction of models arriving after May 3rd. In the case of the 2013 Armada, this additional rebate was a not insubstantial $4,400. The posting of dicounts on our website for like-models proved to be a logistical challenge, as we now had examples of the exact same vehicle with differing MSRPs to contend with and our web host was only able to differenciate model pricing by their respective model numbers, which did not vary from old MSRP to new MSRP. Our solution then, was to advertise all applicable vehicles with the respective "equipment allowance" rebates but include the necessary disclaimers at the bottom of discount window to alert the viewer of the fact that the vehicles may or may not qualify for the additional rebate (this was disclosed separately in a pop-up window as a mouse pointer would hover over the discount) and also alerted people to "call us for complete details" in order for us to be able to explain this rather confusing pricing strategy of Nissan's. Unfortunately, the Nissan Armada in which Mr. ************* is interested, happens to be one with an arrival date of after May 3rd and thus does not qualify for the additional $4,400 "equipment allowance" rebate reducing the posted $11,500 total off-MSRP discount to our actual advertised discount of $7,100. He cannot get this additional rebate on this vehicle because its starting MSRP has already been lowered by $4,400 when compared to a like-vehicle with an arrival date of before May 3rd, 2013. One of my sales managers, **************, has explained this fact to Mr. ************* on two (2) separate occassions over the phone. All of the necessary legal disclaimers were posted on the discounted price and this was in no way, shape or form an attempt on our part to "bait and switch" any consumers. In an effort to make Nissan's price reduction less confusing to understand, we have since eliminated the "equipment allowance" rebate from all of our published online discounts and math stacks of our inventory pages and have simply added a slider to our landing page announcing that there may be additional "equipment allowance" rebates available on some models and for the web visitor to call us for complete details.

However, because we want to capture Mr. **************** business and try to make up for all of the confusion caused by Nissan's price reduction, we are willing to give him a total discount of $8,100 (including Nissan's $2,500 customer cash rebate). If that works for him, we'd love to do business.

02/04/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Dealership did not disclose severity of service engine lights, unfair and deceptive practices.
Purchased 2004 Buick Rainier with 113,092 miles for $7000 on 8/17/2012. On 11/25/2012 with 115,070 miles it requires approx. $3500 in work. Dealership did not disclose severity of "Service Stabilitrak" or "check oil" lights, high pressure sales pitch kept us in dealership until we were exhausted, approx. five to six hours. Asked several times about Service Stabilitrak lights and were given vague responses and told they would possibly check it out and/or it was of minor importance. Several salesman were involved-kept switching back and forth which kept us confused and in the dark about the important matters. Tried to double the final price after our test drive, made us negotiate to get back to our original price. Chevrolet mechanic let us know that the lights were indicator of major problems when we took it in, have yet to fix the transfer case because of lack of finances. Received phone calls, first polite then angry asking about the loan status even though payment had already been arranged.

Refund for parts and labor, approx $3500, or return of vehicle for full loan value and refund of parts and labor.

On August 17th, 2012 Mr. ******** agreed to purchase our 2004 Buick Rainier for the price of $9,000 plus sales tax and applicable fees. When his credit union only agreed to finance $7,000 out-the-door for the vehicle, we agreed to cut the price of our car by $2,723.21 to $6,276.79 in order to get to the desired amount financed of $7,000. We are very sorry that Mr. ******** has had to spend some $3,500 on repairs over the past 5 months of ownership and have offered to pay him $1,500 in order to help offset his post-sale investments, which in conjunction with the aforementioned $2,723.21 exceeds the $3,500 Mr. ******** has spent/will spend on repairs. We are waiting to hear back from the customer to see if he will accept our offer. If so, we will cut the $1,500 check immediately and send it to the customer via overnight mail.

***********

The case was resolved in the amount of $2,500 in compensation from Tynan's Nissan on 1/24/13, check control number ******. The dealership handled it in a timely manner with all complaints resolved.

10/10/2014Advertising / Sales Issues