BBB Accredited Business since 02/03/2000

Pollard Friendly Motor Company

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

09/09/2013Guarantee / Warranty Issues | Read Complaint Details

Chrysler has a LIFETIME Power train warranty on my 2007 Jeep Compass. In May 2013 I took my jeep in for the required warranty inspection as well as their 35 point overall inspection. At that time Pollards gave me a good health rating on my jeeps power train and a few minor issues to keep an eye on, tires, brake pads, etc. I drove my jeep to Ohio and on the way back, about 90 miles from Denver, I started hearing noises from the car. I took it to Pollards for a check up and was told it is the transmission. I assumed it was to be covered under the LIFETIME warranty but now that I need repairs, they say I had the inspection six months too late. They offered me a "discounted" rate to repair it for $3400, saying it is what they would charge Chrysler.
Product_Or_Service: November 2007

Because Pollards did the inspection and gave me a good health rating implying that the warranty was still in effect and the fact that an earlier inspection would have resulted in the same good health report, I want Pollards to honor the warranty.

In response complaint *********

Ms.****** brought her 2007 Jeep Compass into our Express Lane for an oil change on May 17, 2013.
We offer a 30 point inspection on all vehicles that come into our dealership for service. She brought her vehicle back in on June 5, 2013, with an engine noise concern. She told our shop foreman that she had the clutch replaced while she was driving on vacation out of state. Our shop foreman did tell Ms.****** that the noise she was hearing was a transmission noise.
Chrysler has provided to their customers in writing an unlimited powertrain warranty. With the stipulation that you have your vehicle inspected at the 5 year anniversary date of in-service date of the vehicle if you are still the first owner. Ms.****** is the first owner. (The in-service date of her Jeep Compass is November 7, 2007.) Ms.****** neglected to get the inspection within the time allotted by Chrysler. The inspection she had in May was already 6 months too late. We did make an attempt on her behalf to ask Chrysler to extend a courtesy to her but they declined due to the excessive amount of time. We then offered her a discounted rate to help her with the cost, she declined our offer. We understand that even with the discount we offered to her it is still an expensive service so we offered to comp her inspection charge of $97 for the June 5th service visit.

I took my jeep to another mechanic and had it fixed for $1500...he told me the differential and the transmission were virtually dry, had no fluids and no signs of leaking. My mechanic said I was lucky the differential was not damaged. So, let me think... Pollard performed a 30 point inspection one month before the transmission went out but didn't check those fluids and gave me an AOK??? No, something isn't right here.

Ms.****** contends that the transmission and differential were virtually dry when checked by "her mechanic"? If that were the case the transmission and differential would have likely seized during the 2918 miles that she drove the vehicle between visits to Pollard Motors.

05/17/2013 157479 miles.
06/05/2013 160397 miles.
Difference 2918 miles (Miles driven between visits)

During her visit on 06/05/2013, the customer test drove with our Shop Foreman to demonstrate the noise that she heard during acceleration. During the test drive she indicated to our Shop Foreman that she had to have her clutch replaced during an out of state trip that she had just returned from. During this visit, when it was determined that the noise was coming from the transmission, the technician checked the fluid level and condition and found the fluid level to be full, but burnt indicating internal mechanical part failure.

03/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I order a car part on Jan 3, 2013 from thier website at one price the told a higher price that listed. My emails were un-answered. made 3 calls
On Jan. 3, 2013 I order a coolant tank for my car from Pollard website at $ 60.56 plus $8.50 shipping. I received an email stating that the web price was incorrect, new price $ 78.59. (todate the website still has $60.56) I called the company authorized the charge to my card an the charge was processed the same day.I was told during the call I'd receive an email within a day or two with a USPS tracking #. Since Jan 8, 2013 I've sent 2 email to the customer service site with my comfrim #, which went unanswered. I then again called customer service Jan 16 and was told my order was being processed. I made 2 additional calls and spoke with the parts manager name ***** on Feb. 5 & 11, 2013. on both calls ***** requested a day to track done my order. Both time ***** stated he would email me an update by clse of business which did not happen. Today Feb. 12 I received an email from Pollard auto parts with a tracking # showing my part was not shipped until Feb. 7th. (******************************). This is unacceptable service all around. My email went unanswered an my call were a waste of time. The parts manager ***** could not provide me with any current status of my order. Each contact I inform ***** I was calling from Hohenfels, Germany just to be place on hold for nine minutes during on call to receive no information

I belive I should receive a a written statment from Pollard Mopar parts and a full refund. during this extend delay I've had to rent a car. An exspence I'd have had to make if not for the poor customer service from this company!

After researching Mr. *****'s complaint is clear to us that we did a very poor job of communicating with him. Initially the customer was attempting to order the wrong part for his vehicle and our computer system caught it and corrected it which is why there was the price difference, but we should have contacted Mr. ***** immediately with that information. We will happily refund $78.59 to Mr. ***** with our sincerest apologies.
Best Regards,
**************
Service and Parts Director

The response from Pollard Auto is acceptable.
I would like to thank Representative(s) of the Better business Bureau for their assistance in this matter. Every attempt I made to remedy the situation only had negative results.

Also, I must state that the web-site to date March 12, 2013 still show a price of $60.56 for the coolant tank for a 2001 Dodge stratus / V-6- 2.7 LT.
Again thank you for your help.

******

11/16/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Service department "lost" my wheels and tires while they were in their possession.
April 18, 2012, I was informed by the service department at Pollard Friendly Motors that the problem I was having with my Jeep was a result of the tires (which they previously sold me). They had recommended I try a different size tire and wheel to see if that fixed the problem. On April 25, I had requested to retrieve my original tires and wheels that Pollard had in their possession. After several calls to get my tires and wheels back it was finally revealed to me that Pollard could not find my tires and wheels. September 7, 2012, after the duration of two months I was informed Pollard had "lost" my tires and wheels. Pollard had offered to pay me $500 for my losses; I countered that offer with $1,000. September 27, 2012, Pollard refused my counter offer of $1,000. I had purchased the tires and wheels for a total of $1,584.21, tires had well over 50% tread left on them. I am now requesting to be reimbursed the full amount of my losses in the sum of $1,584.21

$1,584.21 to cover the cost of my "lost" wheels and tires.

We have offered Mr. ******* $500. This offer still stands. We believe we have tried to help him every possible way and have even done many repairs at no cost to him. This is why we feel the $500 offer is fair.

This matter is completely separate from the Death Wobble issues and all death wobble related work was "fixed" under warranty. Pollard lost my $1600 tires and is responsible for adequately replacing them. $500 is not considered adequate nor acceptable. It appears someone has stolen my tires and wheels therefore Pollard can file a police report and obtain replacement wheels and tires from insurance. $1584.21 and I can re-send you the receipts if you need to submit them to your insurance provider.

Our service manager spoke with Mr. ******* today and they were able to come to the following agreement:
*The original tires had 61% tread remaining when they were removed from the vehicle.
*Mr ******* originally paid $1584.21 to install the tires.
*$1584.21 x 61%=$966.37
*Mr. ******* accepted our offer of $966.37 and we will mail a check to him today.

03/25/2015Advertising / Sales Issues