Fiat of Denver

02/07/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Bought a used car that now has to have new brakes after 2500 miles of driving.
I purchased a used car from this dealership and was assured that it had been through an inspection. At first the CD player didn't work and they took care of that, but now 2500 miles out the brake pads need to be replaced. If this car was put through the inspection and with brakes being a safety concern, those should have been checked and replaced before the car was sold. I have tried to contact the general manager at their sister dealer across the street, Colorado Chrysler Jeep, which is part of the Dealin ****** empire. I have left 4 messages for***** (who I was told was the GM) to no avail. Now I am out the purchase of brakes when I can guarantee that they were low at the time of purchase. There is no way that I ran through brake pads in 2500 miles of driving. I have spoken with other dealerships and while Colorado is an "As Is" state for used vehicles I feel like this should have been disclosed to me at a minimum when I purchased the car. After speaking with a Mini dealer in Denver, the GM there stated that this is now an integrity issue. While they dont need to fix it under the law, it would fall on the integrity of the dealership in question. If I cant get this resolved I will say that I have no fear of going to the media and living in the neighborhood of the dealer, word of mouth is a powerful thing.

IT isn't that I need to pay for the brakes. I can handle that, but I feel like the dealership should have at least disclosed that. What if I had been going through the mountains and the brakes went out? I think it only fair that the dealer should be the bigger person here and at least offer to pay for half. Then we both have skin in the game.

I have left a phone message for ******, and we are willing to pay for half of the repairs for brakes that he states in his complaint.

****, the GM called me on Monday, February 4, 2013. I was extremely ill and did not get a chance to call him back until Wednesday, February 6, 2013. Finally I spoke with the service manager and explained that I had already paid for the brake job myself since I do need to drive my car. He said to fax him a copy of the bill and he would be more than happy to send me a refund for half the charges.

We have agreed with the customer resolve and will be refunding the amount asked for
Thanks