Denver & Boulder, Colorado

Denver Isuzu Suzuki

6 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

10/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Transmission repair not performed properly and the air bag light has been illuminated since vehicle left dealership, light has never been on previously
Moved to Denver and chose this repair shop using BBB Ratings to fix a transmission problem. I was told part and repair not covered by 7 year 100k warranty even though car has 36k and is an 08. I should have taken car elsewhere at that point, but I did not and paid $352.81 to have a $50 part installed improperly (car does not shift properly) and now the air bag light is illuminated since leaving the dealership. I called them to discuss and was told they will be happy to look at it FOR AN ADDITIONAL DIAGNOSTIC FEE about $100 plus costs to repair. I told them I already paid for the repair which is unsatisfactory and now I have a new "completely unrelated problem" (their words) it is just coincidence that the vehicle never had this problem previous to being serviced there. I think not! I have trusted the BBB Ratings in the past and I am shocked and dismayed at my initial experience and horrified with the follow up lack of professionalism. I am sad to have to report this awful experience but feel I must. This dealership does not deserve to be accredited with the BBB.

I do not trust this repair facility to service my vehicle. I gave them my trust and money and I was robbed and lied to. I need the money I foolishly paid returned so I can have the car repaired elsewhere properly.

We are in the process of closing Denver Suzuki.
However customer satisfaction is still important to us. Please ask Mr ******** to call Clyde Creel in my service department and we will be happy to perform a diagnosis free of charge and work with Mr. ******** on any repairs that are needed.

06/17/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Company sold and hide defects on car in order to sale car
We bought a car from Denver Suzuki well upon driving the car home the car started showing hidden defects on car such as armoal used to show replaced parts but where hide under gloss the car won't pass emission due to car continues to break down in smog bay I have put car for repairs and have paid 1300 out of pocket to get car fixed and the car can't be fixed it has went to manafacture dealer and two other mechanic shop the car won't start and when it does start and shut it off it won't start for 12 more hours company is not willing or helping with issue **** ********* saleman Justin sales manger

I want the car replaced with a reliable car

We are fulfilling Mr.& Mrs. ******* wishes. We are currently selling them another car. This car has already passed emissions. They have stated that they are now very happy.
Thank you for you time and cosideration.

Bad Pratices to protect bbb rating and to quite me from media
We purchased a 2000 grand Cherokee from them and like in my last compliant the car would not pass emissions and after taking it to a mechanic because I was unaware of the 3 day rule so after 1600 dollar in repair to vechile that won't pass emission we contacted Suzuki and explain my problem in which at first after speaking to Justin was not wanting to help so I called around well Justin then came up with a good idea at the time we thought it was too but to good to be true always is so remember I have a 2000 grand Cherokee financed threw them that will not pass emission so they come up with a idea to basically give us a car if I back of the pressure so they say will give me a 2001 Chevy Malibu for next to nothing to help us get around but that car ended up needing a head gasket and fuel pump which basically put us back in same position two cars from this dealership to cars have broken down within a week basically these cars are lemons and this was Suzuki way of trying to solve a compliant which in all has made it worse cause now I have two cars that are undrive able from this dealership I know cars are as is but I do believe that the second car they gave me they were aware of serious problem with the second car where problem codes were erased and hidden on both vehicles Suzuki wants a A+ rating and I believe will do anything to keep that rating even if they give u a car that has more problems then my first so I don't see how they can say they gave us to vehicle that have broken down

I just want a car that is reliable they did give me a vehicle for next to nothing and that's why it was nothing cause the car has serious issue what I do per fer is for them to make it right with are financed vehicle do to me continue to pay on it the new used car they gave is now a 4000 lbs driveway weight so even tho they try to call given me a car help but it helped me to get in my check book a total of 1300 down 1700 in repairs 600 in payments and 300 for broke Malibu that's 3900 hundred in cars I can't even pull out my driveway

Document scanned

02/22/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

This complaint concerns false and misleading advertising by Suzuki and the owner, Jeff Baca.
My father was sent a coupon by Suzuki, because he bought a car at the dealership. The coupon is a full page advertisement, and states: "We appreciate your business. To show our gratitude, we present you with this free oil change and detail certificate." The Coupon states it is "Good for 1 free oil change and Detail at Denver Suzuki." The coupon is also signed by the owner, Jeff Baca. My father does not live in north Denver, and gave me the coupon because he lived too far away to use it. I made an appointment on 1/23/13, and when I presented the coupon, the Suzuki service department refused to honor it. I was able to talk with the owner after going through 3 managers. I explained that my father bought a car here and I had a valid coupon to get a free oil change. Mr. Baca stated that it was, "...His policy, as the owner, that only the car that was bought on the lot was eligible for the free oil change." I disagreed, and produced the full page coupon, stating that is was a contract and no where in the contract/coupon does it limit the oil change to just the car that was bought from Suzuki. As previously stated, it was sent in "gratitude"- and no where did the coupon limit the free oil change to just one car. Mr. Baca laughed in my face, told me good luck suing him over an oil change, and refused any customer service toward me. I took the opportunity to point out that the coupon does not mention any limiting restrictions, and since we were in a car dealership surrounded by fine print and contracts, whether his policy not to give free oil changes to other cars was in writing anywhere in the store? Mr. Baca was evasive and did not give an answer. Be that as it may, the coupon that I still have in my possession never mentions a limiting factor to the free oil change. It is signed by the owner and entitles the bearer to one free oil change. If the coupon would have represented a different policy, I would not have taken the time to make an appointment and drive all the way to the Suzuki dealership (20 mins one way). I believe Mr. Baca's customer service was terrible, and his advertisement was exceedingly false. Thank you.

Oil Change at a different location, since this Business cannot be trusted with my vehicle.

First --let me apologize to the BBB for such a trivial complaint. I've never had a complaint from someone who hasn't done business at my store or a complaint regarding a car that was not purchased at my store.........I haven't seen one these coupons for over a year, as we don't use them anymore. However there is no disclaimer on the coupon stating any conditions for redemption.

Mr. ***** can redeem the FREE oil change coupon next Friday the 15th. He can drop off his car between 8-9:00am and pick it up between 5-6:00pm

10/22/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The service department failed to change my oil filter during a oil change service.
Susuki oil filter's are notoriously difficult to change. I purchased a new vehicle through this dealership and took this car in for it's first oil change. I marked the oil filter (scratched it with a knife) before I took the car in that morning. After the "oil change" I popped the hood and looked. The exact same oil filter was still on the car. I had the service manager called out and he said I was lying. I pulled the very knife out I scratched the filter with that morning, in front of the manager, and scratched the other side of the filter in front of him. I asked him why they are lying about the service they said they performed. He began cussing at me, and told me I can just take my business elsewhere and left. As these oil filters are very difficult to change, and many quick lube places won't work on them, a customer depends on the dealer for this service. This makes me wonder how many other people have had there vehicles maintainance compromised by less then honest business practices by this dealer that the customer was unaware of. In addition, they were supposed to check the fluids on the vehicle and the failed to do that as well, even after I asked the attendant to please add some engine coolant.

I would like a real oil change this time, that includes the oil filter and fluids as they said they would do the first time.

First of all, please forgive my delayed response.
I received this letter Saturday October 6th.
I have spoken to all parties involved and I feel we have done nothing wrong. The oil filter was changed as required. As far as the fluid levels, I have no way to confirm whether that was performed or not.Please remember we are fully reimbursed for this service and oil filters are fairly inexpensive. There is no real benefit to neglecting replacing the filter. The real issue at hand is the way Mr. ********* spoke to my employees, he used very course and abusive language to a 29 year old woman that works in my service department. This behavior will not be tolerated at my dealership. I will be happy to perform another oil and filter change free of charge on the condition that Mr. ********* personally apologizes to ************* for his ill behavior.
Only after that apology has been made will I allow Mr. ********* to have work performed in my dealership.

*********
Dealer Principal

02/06/2012Advertising / Sales Issues
08/15/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

contract was supposed to be for a maximum $250 and was altered to be as high as $358 with out our knowledge or consent by the agent of the dealership.
My niece ************** was considering buying a car because her old car broke down. and went to Suzuki to see what they had. She spoke with Assistant Used Car Manager **************** and informed him that she had a stated maximum budget of $250 and this was non negotiable in any way. she was informed by ************ that he had three (3) cars that he could fit into that budget requirement. he first tried a car that he thought he could make fit into this budget but after looking at the price he informed her that it was a bit out of this range. he then took her to a Silver Ford Focus (2010) that he knew he could fit into this budget. so he allowed ******** to take a test drive of the car with my father *********** to see how it ran. when she returned to the dealership they decided to work on the deal for the car. at this point they tried to qualify her for the car on credit and were unable to qualify her alone and said she would need a cosigner. she asked me if I could help her to get the car and I agreed to cosign only. On the next day 7/9/13 I ****************** went in to sign the paperwork for the contract. at this time we signed the paperwork with the Finance Director Otis ******** and I had noticed a blank on the form and asked them to fill it in they said it was unimportant I told them to fill it in now. they did so. this contract had the monthly payment of $250 which was then agreed upon. after signing the contract we left and drove home.
after only a few hours ******** said she had a problem with the alarm going off when she unlocks the car and does not start it with in approx. 15 secs. the next issue began the following morning while driving on the highway she noticed the car began to shimmy and shake once she reach 60 MPH or above. the third problem occurred on the third day and consisted of a hesitation when accelerating from stopped to 25 MPH. on the sixth day she had her final straw when the battery died and would not charge. on the following business day we decided to return to the dealership. this was 7/15/13. at this time I was notified that we needed to sign a new contract and were again referred to Mr. ******** who stated he got the contract approved with me as the primary buyer and ******** as a co buyer. he also informed us that we would have to sign a new contract with a monthly payment of $256. I informed him this was not what we agreed on I did not want to be the buyer and he said that we did not have a choice I also said the amount was an amount which had been previously declined. he said that the contract had already been signed and therefore was fully enforceable and therefore we needed to sign the new contract. we again declined stating this was not on the contract and he could not just change the entire contract and expect us to sign it. he then pushed the new contract in front of us and showed us where it stated that he could change the price up to as high as $358 (which we did not receive a copy of, and which I had never signed) he also stated the contract was contingent upon me being interviewed by Bellco credit union and also required us being a member of the credit union or it would be declined (later Bellco informed us that an interview was required for approval that we would also need to become members). ******** said that she thought this space was blank on the contract she signed before. Mr. ******** stated we might as well sign it because if we do not he will just force through the original contract with out repairing any of the mechanical issues and we should just take it. as he stormed out of the room, he referred us to Used Car Manager************* (who admitted to having prior knowledge of the Battery Issue) He tried to appease us by lowering the amount to $251/MO after lowering the price of the car. we still told him this was not the agreement and tried to leave as we did Mr. ******** told us to declare bankruptcy and then they would take it back!

The settlement that we request is to have the Illegal contract voided and cancelled with no credit damages. due to fraudulent practices by the dealership and by specifically Finance Director Otis Thornton and Used Car Manager ************. If any damage is done to either my or My niece's credit due to these action we also seek monetary or other compensation.

Response to complaint 75200182

I have reviewed the transaction and I can find no wrong doing. The customer stated that they wanted to buy a car for 250.00 -We sold them a 2010 Ford Focus for 250.00 per month. that is what the signed retail installment contract reads.
My understanding is that we replaced the battery and balanced all the tires at no charge to the consumer. In reference to the alarm issue, we would be happy to take a look at the alarm,I can't guarentee that we will fix it.

I believe we have fulfilled all written commi-tments and even performed work that was not promised as part of the original transaction.
The bank has funded the deal and it is now a completed transaction as originally written and signed.

the contract is illegal and there fore should be reversed Mr.************** himself is the individual responsible for the illegal contract.

From: ************* (mailto:****************)