Denver & Boulder, Colorado

AutoNation Nissan Arapahoe

8 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

12/30/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Cancelation of maintenance agreement
On February 9, 2013 I purchased a 1999 Ford Expedition from Autonation Nissan. I purchased the vehicle with cash. That same day I purchase a refundable maintenance policy for $500 cash. I was told that at any time I could cancel this and get my unused portion back. In April 2013 I was,involved in an accident with this vehicle and it was totaled. On October 13,25,and 31 2013 I left messages for ****** and there GM. Since I got no phone calls I went in 11/1/13. Since then after they processed cancelation paperwork I have received no refund, all back or answers on wherr my money us!!!

Just my money back on maintenance cancelation.

The cancellation for the maintenance plan mentioned in the complaint was executed according to our company policy. The customer received the check (issued on Dec5,2013) and cashed it on Dec17.2013
The price for the maintenance plan was $186, the refund check was $108.10

01/10/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Go Arapahoe has failed to return phone calls regarding mechanical issues on a vehicle recently purchased. See description below.
2002 Mercedes Benz ML320 was purchased on or about Dec 7th 2012. Vehicle taken into Mercedes Benz of Westminster Dec 9 for inspection following purchase. I was notified of possible oil leak and other various issues. I was further advised they needed place dye for diagnosis purposes to check leakage d/t the, "engine being washed thoroughly recently." Dec 9th 2012 spoke to my salesman at Go Nissan. Explained to him what was going on and that I needed him to please notify the sales manager we did the deal with of the situation. I never received a call back from anyone at that level. Dec 10th 2012 spoke with General Manager at GO Nissan (Matt Smith) Briefed him on various vehicle issues and customer service issues. He was very professiol and told me at this time to re-contact him directly after vehicle was diagnosed on Dec 29th 2012. Vehicle was taken back to Mercedes Benz of Westminster on Dec 29th 2013 for follow up. At this time I was informed the Brake line was completely rusted through and at risk for rupturing which is a serious safety concern and could at anytime result in an accident. At this time Mercedes also advised me that the radiator was leaking and needed to be replaced and that the braking scensors that connect to the brakes were not connected properly. Mercedes of Westminster requested I leave the vehicle with them due to safety reasons and driveability. They suggested I attempt to contact Go Nissan and offered to talk with them. On December 29th 2009 I called GO Nissan several times and was told that the GM was unavailable due to being busy. Message was left regarding situation. On 12/31/12 I called several more times to GO Nissan and was transferred to voicemail because of, "year end sales and being busy." At this time left another voicemail for the General Manager. On 12/31/12 the service advisor ***** at the Mercedes told me she would be attempting to contact GO Nissan and call me back. She told me she would call me back if she was able to get in contact with them. I never heard back from ***** on 12/31/12

I would like the dealership to volunteer to pay for the repair or at very minimum half the repairs associated with any safety issues on the vehicle to include re-connecting the brakes properly,

As I had mentioned to ****** the day he was here, bring me the vehicle back and I also will make any adjustments that are needed after it's determined what it is that was leaking. Please give me a call on my cell phone so we can address this issue and get the repair made. ************.

Matt

I spoke with Matt, (GM) at Go Nissan today 1/09/2012 following a message he left on my VM with his personal cell. He was briefed of safety concerns on the vehicle. He was apologetic for not getting back to me and agreed to send a check for, "around $500", to me within the next 10 days. This is satisfactory and the right thing to do. Although I think the dealership needs to work on prompt response to these sorts of issue's I am satisfied with the outcome and consider it fair.

10/22/2012Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Doing work on vehicle not autorized. Charging me for the work. Noone in the establishment will return a phone call to resolve issue.
Took my vehicle into their shop on Monday Sept. 24 around noon. The tech told me that they couldnt get to it until the following morning. It took them a little over 2 days to figure out what the issue(s) were. After the tech gave me a run down on what the issues were, I told him that I would give him a call back after I talked with my wife and other mechanic. When I called him back, he stated that the work had already begun and that there wasnt anything that he would do about it, I told him that I didnt authorize any repairs yet, and he said "Oh well". Later on that day, I called to speak with the department manager, he wasnt available. It wasnt until I paid for the car and the following day that I got a phone call back from him. While on the phone, he told me that it would take about an hour to look up my account and would get right back with me. It now has been three days with no phone call back. I have also attempted contacting the general manager, with no call back. As well, in the beginning the tech only told me what the issues were and what they are going to cost. Than once I told him that the work wasnt authorized, he started to tell me that he was going to charge me for this and that. For the charges that he said he was going to charge me I would have agreed on. But once he got caught in doing work that wasnt authorized, he wanted to amend what he had told me to make him look better and me look like poop. When my wife went in to get her car, he gave her an attitude. Talked down to her, telling her (not the exact words) that she was stupid, and really made her feel horrible. Than she did ask him for help with getting the car seat out of the rental and back into our car. Still giving her an attitude. I had contacted him again and told him that I wasnt to pleased with his customer service, and again he told me "Oh Well." Then he stated, well what more do you want from me? At least I helped your wife out with the car seat. I dont know what his point was about this, or he just wanted a gold star for the day that he acctually provided something that resembled customer service. I have never seen my wife so pissed off and crying the way she was once whe left this establishment.

I am looking at least for the reinbursement for the work that got done that I didnt authorize.

When the customer was contacted by the service advisor they told us to do the repair then called back and told us to stop the repairs we had part of them done at that time so we did not charg them for the rental.this off set the charg for the repairs that we had all ready started and compleated

10/06/2014Advertising / Sales Issues