In Denver & Boulder, Colorado

Airport Auto Body, Inc.

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

01/22/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Airport Auto Body intentionally used the wrong replacement parts to repair my vehicle to make a large profit.
Airport Auto Body is one of the preferred contracted Auto Body Repair Shops for Allstate Insurance Company. I filed two auto insurance claims (claim #'s *************** filed on 11/15/13 and 000307948959D01 filed on 11/22/13) through Allstate and was advised by Allstate that the repairs could be performed at Airport Auto Body. My 2008 Silver Dodge Charger SXT was towed to Airport Auto Body on 11/19/13. After multiple adjuster's viewed my vehicle, *** ***** an employee at Airport Auto Body stated that it would take approximately 1 month to repair my vehicle and that my vehicle would be ready on 12/20/13. When my husband and I went to pick up my vehicle on 12/20/13,the car was not at Airport Auto Body. When the car was delivered, around approximately 5:15pm we had to inspect the vehicle in the dark parking lot. The first error we noticed was mismatched rims. The two rims on the passenger side of the vehicle didn't match the two rims on the driver's side of the vehicle. We immediately brought this error to *** *****'* attention and she apologized for the error and stated that she would correct the error. I reluctantly paid my two deductibles ($250.00/each totalling $500.00)to *** ***** even with the errors. I paid $200.00 cash and the other $300.00 was charged to my Visa Debit card on Friday December 20th, 2013. *** ***** provided me with a receipt which was partially handwritten because she said that her accountant had already left for the evening. *** ***** ordered the matching replacement rims on Saturday December 21st,2013. On Monday December 23rd, *** ***** contacted my husband and advised my husband that the rims that she ordered had come in but that they were extremely busy and instructed my husband to go to a place called Colorado Tires in Aurora to have the replacement rims put on my vehicle to correct the error. Colorado tires put the rims on my vehicle on Monday December 23rd,2013. We never received any type of bill, invoice or receipt for this transaction. When we asked *** ***** for any type of paperwork regarding this transaction she stated we didn't need anything because "everything was taken care of." The very next morning on approximately Christmas Eve December 24th, 2013 while trying to adjust my drivers side mirror I noticed that the mirror only moved from left to right (side to side) rather than up and down. This was another one of the "repairs" made by Airport Auto Body. The driver's side mirror appears to be the incorrect mirror for a 2008 Silver Dodge Charger SXT because it's missing the up and down functionality and the mirror is noticably smaller. After noticing yet another error I contacted Allstate, Airport Auto Body as well as the Better Business Bureau to file complaints on December 24th, 2013. It appears as though Airport Auto Body is more interested in making a profit rather than providing quality repairs. My faith and trust has diminished because Airport Auto Body intentionally ordered the cheapest parts (from the rims to the mirror)to repair my vehicle and were only concerned about the cost rather than whether or not the parts were right! This is extremely alarming because I am now concerned that the rest of the work that is not visible (internal repairs) that they claim to have done may have not been done at all or done incorrectly and since I'm not a mechanic, there isn't a way for me to make that determination.

After working with both the driver of the vehicle for the mirror that was originally replaced, as well as working with the Insurance company to comply with the wishes to have a original manufacture part put back on the vehicle, we as a shop were able to come to an agreement with all parties involved, and get the vehicle scheduled back in to have the part replaced. It was not our intention to make the insured feel that we put the cheapest available parts put on her vehicle, but simply complying with the insurance company guidelines for the parts replacement policy. We have had several conversations with all parties involved to have this issue resolved, and have received verbal from the husband that with the mirror being taken care of there should be no further complaints, and if there should so happen to be, they will inform the repair shop so that all matters may be resolved in a timely manner. Shop has also informed the insurance company that owner is questioning the validity of the work and should the owner have any more questions the insurance company will send someone to her home to inspect the vehicle.

Complaint Response Date bumped because: Holiday

See more info received from consumer 1.14.14

08/17/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues
11/01/2011Problems with Product / Service
10/17/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Inferior work completed on my vehicle. Will not finish the repair or discuss the complaint.

POrio to my accident, I had the vehicle for 7 months and the tires were new when I purchased it. There was no uneven wear on the tires at the time of repair.

I initialy picked up my car on 6/22/12 (invoice #******) only to return it with in 2 days because it was not aligned correctly. I was told it was aligned yet***** (Estimator) and I went for a ride and it unexplcably veered dangerously right.

It was returned to me again and still not riding right, but the employees told me it was straight and there was nothing they could do.
In Sept 2012 I called to tell them the tires were wearing on the inside fronts and ***** told me it was not their issue.

I started to get it aligned regularly, once in Sept 2012, again in Nov 2012 and again in March 2013. By April 2013 the front tires were worn so badly that I had to replace all four tires.

I took the car to Kia 4/22/2013 for an alignment, who told me there was a frame issue. I again took it to Airport Auto body 4/23/2013) and they took it in then returned to me 4/24/2013 and have completely dismissed my complaint as it not being their issue.
I noted that***** (Estimator) told me that it was a uniframe body and couldnt be aligned if bent. But my research shows it is not an uniframe body. So the employees are incorrect and giving bad specifications and information in an effort to placate their clientel.

Also when I went to pick up my vehicle they had replaced a window compnent that was not covered by insurance,***** informed me that she could not turn my car over to me unless this was paid. They replaced a part that insurance did not authorize and with out my specific permission. Essentially I was held hostage at their facility unless I paid this fee.

**************** (Owner) has been argumentative, condescending and belittling.

I when initiating this complaint I noted that he does have a series of complaints of the past few years. When I brought up the fact that his estimator gave me bad information. He only stated that she had a long learning curve.

Sincerely

In the last two correspodents from ***** he stated that he wanted to involve the insurance company to help resolve this claim. That is exactly what i have done. I have forwarded all the documents to ************ at Allstate insurance for review. I was told on 05/02/2013 that someone from Allstate would be in contact with *****. I apologize if they have not done that. As far as the repairs go the vehicle shows no signd of frame damage and was put into alignment by the dealer last week. The technition at Shortline Kia has admitted that the service advisor misspoke about the vehicle not staying in alignment. And also stated that the measurements which he was questioning have no published specs from KIA on what they should be.I suggest that ***** contact **** at Allstate for a resolution to this issue. As far as the paint issue goes that was not brought to my attetion until after the vehicle was picked up. Allstate should also address the issue. I am trying to help ***** resolve this issue by using proper channels.

I did speak to ************** on this claim, all he said is that he cannot explain why my tires wore so quickly and they should not have. This in no way means the issue was resolved. I also did not ask him to provide the info to the insurance company, I requested numerous times that he send the information to me.

NOTE: **************** STILL has not provided me with all records of my repair, including all 4 alignment result printouts. Nor has he ever addressed the fact that he made an unauthorized repair on my auto and placed me in a duress situation until I paid for this repair. HIGHLY UNETHICAL business practice.

***** has had numerous opportunities to send me this information and he has not / will not. He also has had numerous opportunities to address the unauthorized repair and he has not done this.

Is this the business practices of an A+ rated BBB member?
I would state that he obviously doesn't adhere to your code of conduct:
3. Tell the Truth
Honestly represent products and services, including clear and adequate disclosures of all material terms.
A. Make known all material facts in both written and verbal representations, remembering that misrepresentation may result not only from direct statements but by omitting or obscuring relevant facts.
B. Ensure that any written materials are readily available, clear, accurate and complete.
5. Honor Promises
Abide by all written agreements and verbal representations.
8. Embody Integrity
Approach all business dealings, marketplace transactions and
commitments with integrity.

****** and Airport AutoBody are still hiding behind the processes of the BBB in an effort to avoid my claims and to prolong the process of refunding my money and provide my documentation of my repair.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Auto Body Repair & Painting