DAYTON, OHIO, February 10, 2014 - Your Better Business Bureau’s Women in Business Networking (WiBN) program announced today the 25 women being recognized as WiBN’s 2014 Top 25 Women to Watch. This award recognizes women from a notable list of candidates who are exceptional women, respected in their field and are causing more than a ripple in the public arena and in their communities. WiBN watchables are influential women being noted for their leadership, community service and professional achievements.
“Women In Business Networking provides a forum for building relationships so women will achieve professional and personal success through education, resources and recognition”, says Jeanne Porter, BBB’s WiBN director/founder.
For more about this honor, visit the organization’s Web site, www.wibn.org This notable list of candidates will reach 150 women that have been recognized through this recognition program.
The 2014 Top 25 Women to Watch include:
(see attachment for details on each of these honorees)
About Your BBB Serving Dayton and the Miami Valley
For more than 100 years, your Better Business Bureau has been helping people find businesses, brands and charities they can trust. In 2012, people turned to your BBB 124 million times for Business Reviews on more than 4.5 million companies and Charity Reports on 11,000 charities, all available for free at bbb.org. BBB serving Dayton and the Miami Valley is one of 113 local, independent BBBs across the United States and Canada. To further promote trust, your BBB also offers dispute resolution support for consumers and businesses when there is difference in viewpoints and industry self-regulation programs. BBB serving Dayton and the Miami Valley serves seven and half Ohio counties, including Clark, Darke, Greene, Miami, Montgomery, Preble, Shelby and northern Warren counties.
About Women in Business Networking (WiBN)
WiBN recently merged with your Better Business Bureau serving Dayton and the Miami Valley. It’s the leading organization for women in business – providing forums for building relationships so women will achieve professional and personal success through education, resources, and recognition. WiBN’s circle of influence and frequent programs have reached more than 1,800 women living and working in the Greater Dayton, Ohio, region. Women from all walks of life participate in WiBN: leaders and employees of corporate, nonprofit and community organizations; entrepreneurs and small-business owners; and women in career transition. Founded in 2008, WiBN currently offers these programs:
• a weekly e-newsletter, Monday Morning Moments;
• a weekly club of Toastmasters International, Downtown Morning Toasters;
• a monthly Lunch N Learn with a featured speaker;
• a monthly “Hot Topic” Koffee Talks with a facilitator; (six locations + a Social Media Saturday Koffee Talk)
• monthly roundtables for small-business owners, Entrepreneur Groups;
• monthly Master Mind Group
• a quarterly social event, After 5 Showcase, at member businesses;
• a leadership mentoring program
• a quarterly Leadership Series workshop, Winstitute;
• an annual Top 25 Women to Watch recognition program;
• an annual, daylong professional development conference; and
• an annual, optional membership for event and member-to-member discounts, Status +Plus.