BBB Accredited Business since 03/31/2014

Knight's Service Center

03/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Tie rod broke came and got he asked where the car should go I told him to take it to ************ he did not it was I will take it to my place, got the back on 1-5-13 was making noise. I took it back to him, he would check it out, call on 1-05-13 in afternoon the dirt shield was bent he said that he bent taken it off try to straighten it out, got a new one did not get the car until 1-8-13 the ABS light stay on the never before took it to ************* he fixed the lights he said he over charged me on fixing the car. He should never charge me for the dirt shield because he broke it.

Send $60.00 from $135.88

Send me $63.12

Total $123.12

When he called for service he said he did not know were to tow his car to he mentioned l&n autoservice we looked in phone book and could not find a such a place then he said just tow to your place and just fix it i dont need a est upon inspect the tie rod on drivers side was busted off and jamed in to dust cover so we called and he said i need my car back can you just bend out of way we said yes but need replaced when you have more time he said ok then next day he brought back and we orderd it changed it when it came in dealer only part and when he picked up he paid his bill and did not say he did not understand whats going on he just payed it and left and we did not see a abs light on nore did he mention it.When i called him today he said its are fought his tie rod came off and we have never seen him or his car before we towed it.

BBB Staffperson spoke with the consumer on the phone on 3/18/13. The consumer stated that he had received the refund check from the company.

Ok customer is always right its are fought for not haveing you sign a invoice and drawing every thing out for you to be able to understand whats going on so we will send you a check for what your asking so enjoy your free automotive service we will no better next time.

10/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Wouldn't accept a free towing voucher I purchased from a fundraiser last year.
I Bought a Free Towing Voucher from a fundraiser auction for ***** ******* & Family last year in July '13. This Had no Expiration date. I called them on 08-22-14 telling them i needed a tow and that i was using the voucher. The man on the phone responded with "no problem bud" and told me they would most likely be here in 30 minutes.
After unloading my truck i handed the tow truck driver my voucher and he told me it wasn't good and that **** ******** was no longer working for them. I called the shop myself because i had just spoken to someone before authorizing the tow that i was paying with the voucher i purchased last year at the fundraiser.
I got connected to the owner who told me that **** ******** wasn't working for him anymore and that the voucher expires in 12 months. I explained that the voucher has no expiration date on it and that i told them before they picked up my truck i was paying with the voucher. He told me it wasn't good and they wouldn't accept it.
If they would have told me on the phone that the voucher wasnt good I would have had someone else tow my vehicle and pay them, as i wasnt going to pay this company twice for one tow. (I would still be filing a complaint either way)
The tow truck driver called the police trying to get the police to allow him to take my vehicle. The Police officer told the tow truck driver it was a civil matter and that he could not take my vehicle.
-I bought a towing voucher with no expiration date.
-called to use my voucher 13 months later (was told "no problem"
-was told it was no longer good because **** ******** no longer works for them (as Manager) and that it expired within 12 months (not noted on the voucher)
-They then tried to collect cash from me. I refused.
-Knights Towing attempted to seize my vehicle.
-Refused to honor a voucher they either donated or sold to a fundraiser.

I want to make sure they do not attempt to seize my vehicle or file a collections on me. I want you guys to know the kind of shady practice that is going on with the owner as well.

The customer stated it was a cash call when it was called into us. We have a uniform voucher that we do sometimes give to charitys or benefits, but all have a 12 month expiration date on them. This vehicle was dropped and the customer was put on a no use list, but we are not going after the customer. We are a very good company but there are certain policys we follow and the customer did not like that.

When i called for the tow i said i was using a free tow voucher and read off word for word what was written on it. I never said anything about cash or "cash call". The voucher I purchased from the auction has no expiration date on it (I have a copy). So either you are lying or the person who answered the phone is lying. I was first told it was bad because that manager doesn't work there, then i was told it isn't the correct voucher, then you told me it was expired after i told you when I received it. You shouldn't even be a BBB member because you don't represent anything they stand for. You don't build trust. You don't advertise honestly. You haven't told the truth. You don't honor promises. And you don't embody integrity. If you want this resolved then mail me a paid in full receipt for my tow that day. And i want it signed by the OWNER, you obviously won't stand by anything your employee's or former employee's do. I already gave you a copy of the voucher.

Towing - Automotive, Auto & Truck Brokers, Auto Air Conditioning Equipment, Auto Electric Service, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Transporters & Drive-Away Companies, Brake Service, Engines - Rebuild & Exchange, Road Service - Automotive, Transmissions - Automobile, Auto Service - Steam Cleaning, Auto Services