ACES Construction, Inc.

Phone: (937) 698-7363 (Disconnected)

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/12/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Signed a contract and paid $2265.65, and have been brushed off ever since. Have called several times and left messages. Never returns phone calls.
Signed contract with claims specialist and paid down payment of $2265.65. I have made numerous calls and left several messages. I never get a phone call from them, no communication whatsoever. This has been on going since September 12, 2013. I am tired of being ignored.

All I want is a refund. I have been more than patient with this company. Do not understand why they have not returned my calls.

The consumer supplied a copy of the attached document of a letter he received from ACES Construction.

Ace's Construction called on 3/7/14 requesting to preform the work as per contract. I agreed, and they started on 3/8/14. All work should be completed on or before 3/11/14. Just wanted to let you know, and to Thank You for your time, and advice.

Thanks Again,

**** *****

All work has been completed to my satisfaction. Thank you for your support in this matter.

**** *****

05/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Repeated failure to complete the work contracted despite repeated assurances and commitments to do so.
On July 12, 2013, I entered into an agreement with Aces to replace a roof on my Ohio property. On July 19th, Aces cashed the downpayment check in the amount of $4,235.27. From this point on, a long series of excuses were given for their failure to perform the work they contracted to do. By January, Aces refused to return a series of calls to their call center, until I expressed to the call center my strong concern that they were holding a significant amount of money and refused to communicate.

Finally communication was establishedthough very intermittent and typically at my initiation. Aces preferred method of communication is via text message, which I have carefully preserved. In the text, Aces continued to make excuses for not completing the work (bad weatherthough there have been ample good weather days to complete since July; bad health of the owner; bad luck with employees; etc.).

On March 15, eight months after signing the contract, Aces' owner texted to say the following: "We had snow and cold weather (8 degrees) Wednesday and Thursday so we will more than likely be starting your roof first part of the week. Tuesday or Wednesday depending on if we can get the one we are on finished with working today and Monday. I am on the roofs with my tool belt on too just to get caught up. I can promise you that your roof will be 100% completed before this months end or I will gladly send you a refund plus interest @ 10%, I will put this in writing if you like."

Aces' reneged on that commitment.

On March 31st, Aces finally began the work, beginning with stripping part of the garage roof. But then Aces' texted to say that they needed to contact my insurance company to "get approval" for 2 layers of tile on the garage roof and the drip edge. This despite the fact that Aces original assessment of the roof notes in writing that the garage roof had two layers.

Aces' owner claims that he has bought materials for the job, but refuses to deposit the materials on my property or to provide receipts for those materials. He did agree to copy me on any email communication he had or was having (he has claimed to be in email contact) with my insurance company. But he has failed to forward me or copy me on any correspondence, despite my repeated requests.

In the one partial day Aces was on my roof, they stripped some of the garage of its tiles and put down tar paper. Some of this has now blown off, leaving on bare wood exposed. With severe storms moving through the area, I am now concerned that my property may suffer structural damage due to Aces.

I would like a refund for the full amount of the downpayment paid to Aces on July 12th: $4,235.27.

02/07/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Description:
Consumer was solicited in August by a roofing company. He was told that in 2 or 3 weeks they would start on his roof. This was an insurance claim. Consumer received $2500.00 by way of insurance check which he signed over to ACES Construction. This company keeps giving him the run around about when the would will be completed. 4 weeks ago consumer spoke **** who told consumer that they would start the job in two weeks. Per consumer's insurance if the job is not completed in 6 months he will not get the rest of the money to get this roof fixed.

Satisfactory Solution:
consumer seeks a full refund or for the job to be completed.

Roofing Contractors, Construction & Remodeling Services, Contractors - General, Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling, Windows - Installation & Service, Doors, Plumbing Plan Services, Siding Contractors, Patio & Deck Builders, Patio, Porch & Deck Enclosures, Basement - Contractors, Building Contractors, Contractor - Commercial, Contractor - Sheetrock, Contractors - Framing, Drywall Contractors, Fire & Water Damage Restoration, Home Improvements - Additions, Electric Equipment - Service & Repair