BBB Accredited Business since 02/17/2011

Craft Interiors Inc

06/18/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

**** was my contact who price matched lowes & a contractor for kitchen cabinets & install. The job is not completed & no response to emails or call.
**** was my contact who price matched lowes and a contractor for kitchen cabinets and install. Contract was signed beginning of April 2012, in which I wanted itemized the replacement of a window and demolition with the intention of finding cheaper labor (myself). Cabinets came in end of May, yet due to school conflicts I needed to postpone till the Fall. When the cabinets were finally installed do to scheduling conflicts on both sides, the cabinets had issues "Hi ****,
Just some follow up on my kitchen. The cabinets look nice. But there
are some issues if you can email me.
1. Any word on the countertops? (He said he would price matched the countertops I found at Lowes on sale in LG Hi Macs.)
2. My sink base was supposed to have the door storage on bothe doors
instead of the tilt out trays.
3. One cabinet the 24" base does not have the drawers or even shelves.
4. The silverware drawer has a split in the one divider.
5. In one drawer the dove tails are not flush and starting to seperate.
6. The toe kicks were installed floor up instead of cabinet down, and
you can see the gap when you walk into the kitchen.
7. There are 3 shims exposed above the wall cabinets.
8. Some of the doors are ajar and/or do not close all the way.
9. The top portion of the Lazy susan is hard to spin and does not work
like the bottom turn table.
10. And a handle is missing a screw."
One person came to fix some of the issues in January and some more pieces had to be ordered due to shipping damage. I have sent a several emails without responses and have left voicemail. The customer service was great till the install and I prepaid mostly everything via credit cards to get items order, and to take advantage of some credit card promos. I split the order between Visa and Discover and had paid on some of the countertops that took several weeks to find out that style was not available outside of Lowes.

I want refunded for overpayment on the demolation and window install, refunded countertop deposit, and want the repairs done to the quaility implied at the time of the contract, e.g. I want a kitchen that looks professionally done. I was told my Kraftmaid that the should be no defects yet there a dents and inferior wood quality. And the install was not one you would expect from a professional, e.g. the toe kicks were installed from the floor up and no quarterround was installed which was in my old kitchen at the time the contract was signe (with wood floors it is easier to take the small molding off then the toekicks to refinish).

The business has completed the work in a high end manner. Communication error I had been using the an email account that was not being checked, due to medical leave. The complaint can be withdrawn.

03/21/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Me and my wife placed an order back in Oct of 2013.We ordered carpet kitchen cabinets bathroom vanitys and wood flooring. We were told we had to pay
twenty thousand dollars up front to get a discount 11so ***** could order everything. Now its the middle of jan and we find out our carpet isnt ordered for the basment plus the kitchen cabinets are not finished. We have a family of eight that we had to move into a hotel for three nights because counter tops were never ordered nor was our living room carpet.

I am asking for one thousand dollars to be refunded to me and my family immediately for all the inconveniences and lies that were told to us. We have a beautiful new home that we cannot even enjoy months after everything was supposed to be completed.

The carpet is & was ordered and on the installers van Mr ******* having not seen it thought it was not ordered This was a two day job I called to inform Mr ******* my installers said I was going to be short needed a little more to finish the stairs this week we are to complete the job The only thing we are waiting on for the kitchen is one pcs of toe kick material.Other trades have held up the job And we have worked around that. I sincerely oked the expense of the motel stay.Mr ******* told me he fired the finish carpenter.This also held up the job. No matter I still took responsibility to pay for hotel.I have done 5 houses with Mr ******* business partner with 100% satisfaction We were at Mr ******* Mon X-XX-XX doing punch lists.We never knew we were being addressed by BBB until Mon. afternoon X-XX-XX I had called Mr ******* wife sun X-XX-XX to set up punch list schedule for Mon I thought Mr ******* & I worked well together on his project. He asked if we could get together on another house he is fixing up to resale.This complaint came as a schock to me.As after 30 yrs plus without complaints Thanks for hearing me *****

Well that's funny because your last response was you paid us for our hotel. And isn't it funny we had to pay upfront so ***** could order everything just another lie! And my business partner is refusing to use craft interiors after all he seen my family go through. We are turning this over to our attorney Monday. He has reviewed it and says there is more than one misleading things and plenty of lies. ***** doesn't realize when he put 6 family members out and had to cancel Christmas at our new home is not a good business decesion. My attorney thinks waste busters would love to hear this. Me and my family want this resolved ASAP. We didn't think &1000 was much to ask for so now it will be a lot more. Thanks!

Sorry
Mr ******* feels this way
First time he has acted as aGeneral contractor it has been
Scheduling has been less than desirable
We waited several weeks for the trim work to be completed in the basement before we could install his carpeting
I have enjoyed working with him
I would entertain the idea of doing other house flips in the fiture

Please see correspondence below. As we suspected, Mr. ***** is now attempting to add charges to our account. Our account was paid in full up front. I can produce copies of my invoice as well as payment receipt and signed waiver of lien that Mr. ***** signed. As stated in the original complaint, Mr. ***** failed to order our counter, he failed to order our living room carpet and attempted to have different carpet installed instead (fortunately I was home at the time and caught the mistake), the basement carpet was never ordered. The basement carpet that was put in the basement was not what was not the color we ordered.

Because of all the delays Mr. ***** agreed to pay for a motel room for our family plus eating expenses. Now that we have submitted the receipts to him, he is trying to say we owe him more money. He has been nothing but dishonest with us from the beginning. We built a beautiful home - and we have had to settle for carpet we didn't order, a cut in our laundry room vinyl floor caused by the installer, and vinyl floor in the bathroom that is not glued down correctly. We did not get flooring put under the cabinets because it did not arrive prior to the cabinets being installed (we did not receive credit for the box of flooring not used). We also decreased the amount of laminate flooring surrounding the fireplace by about 36 square feet and did not receive credit for that reduction.

We were supposed to have our extended family over for Christmas as Mr. ***** assured us everything would be done in time. Unfortunately, due to the counter and living room carpet not being ordered by Mr. *****, our holiday plan had to be canceled. All of this even though we paid 100% of the bill up front.

*********** and ******** *******

To whom it may concern:
My suppliers offer discounts for pre-paid invoices as do many suppliers in other fields. Mr ******* ask us to customize a base kitchen cabinet & provide casters. This was after the kitchen had been installed.We were also asked to install the vanities which Mr ******* planned to do himself Both of these requests were well after the signed purchase order. We have ran a very sucessful business over 30 plus years & I assure you it is not built upon lies.The General contracting of this house was performed by mr ******* Therefore scheduling issues are a result of Mr ******* planning.all being said I found Mr ******* very likeable to work with.

They total 111.98 I have deducted them from mr ******* balance He still owes 213.00
*****

The casters Mr.***** speaks of were purchased at Lowe's for approximately $15 and took a total of 10 minutes to install with my husband providing half of the labor. Mr. ***** offered to set the bathroom vanities due to the inconvenience of his failure to order our kitchen counter top. Due to Mr. *****'s failure to order our living room carpet, he agreed to provide hotel accommodations for my family since this mistake delayed our ability to move into our new home and enjoy the holidays as planned. The wrong color carpet was installed it the basement, the linoleum in the the upstairs bathroom is coming loose, there are pieces of hard wood between entry ways that aren't even nailed down.

Basically,we paid over $20,000 up front to Mr. ***** so he could order all materials and receive a discount from his vendors. We found out later that the living room carpet was ordered, the counter top was not ordered, and the basement carpet was not ordered.

The furnace was not installed when we were asked to install vinyl without proper heat I discussed this with Mr ******* he assured me his heat was good enough.Even though we have replaced basement vinyl already. This is the first I have heard about a problem at the entry wood.I would exspect a phone call to send out my service rep.If there is another vinyl problem we will look at that also.The last installer that was at there home thought everything was good according to Mr ******* It would be nice to have a punch list to make any & all repairs so we may finish & collect the past due bal owed us. There was no trade offs regarding the vanities getting installed.Mr ******* & I quote him in saying the amount of money he was going to have them installed. I told him while my kitchen cabinet installer was there i would have him do the install of the vanities for the agreed amount he was to pay some one else. Mr ******* has been very good to work with & delays in new construction is very common.Closings never seem to be exactly when you want them. the gas company held up Mr ******* from getting his furnace going.Mr ******* acting as his own contractor has had many delays Even having to fire his finish carpenter.These are only a few of the things Mr ******* shared with me. Thanks

Kitchen & Bath - Design & Remodeling, Kitchen Cabinets & Equipment - Household, Interior Decorators & Designers, Kitchen & Bath Design, Tile - Ceramic - Contractors & Dealers, Home Improvements, Carpet & Rug Dealers - New, Floors - Hardwood, Contractors - Flooring, Cabinets, Kitchen Remodeling