BBB Accredited Business since 05/19/2008

Beavercreek Clock Repair

11 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 3 closed in last 12 months

01/23/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I am writing to you because I saw your website listed on the website of Beavercreek Clock Co. I have a problem with Beavercreek Clock. I had my wifes grandfathers mantel clock repaired there a year or so ago and **** ****** did a great job. I took the clock back again in August since it stopped running while we were on vacation and would not start again. Two weeks later I called him and he said it was running fine but he wanted to observe the timing accuracy for another week. I have called three times and left an email at his address. Recently, I even drove to his home/shop and left a note on the door. His business truck was in the driveway but there was no answer at the door. Nothing seems to work at making contact with him. I have no reason to believe he is dishonest and suspect there is probably a personal reason for his neglecting us but this clock was in our family for over a hundred years and a dear treasure. Can you help in any way to solve this problem? Thanks for anything you can achieve.

I want our family heirloom clock back in working order.

I spoke to Mr ******* the week of 1-6-2014, he picked up his clock in good working order on Tuesday 1-14-2014, Mr ******* is a very nice gentleman and a pleasure doing business with.

I did get my clock back as stated by Beavercreek Clock Repair but it doesn't work. The clock runs for a few minutes at best and then stops. It is not in the condition it was prior to needing repairs. the owner didn't charge us anything since it was under his original warranty. The first time he fixed it over a year ago it worked perfectly. The business owner is a nice guy but I don't want to take it back there anymore for fear of not getting it back again.

After speaking with you yesterday, I tinkered with my clock more and finally got it to work on a consistent basis for the past 24 hours. Please change my final comments to be consistent with this changed result.

***** and **** *******

07/08/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The clock was returned 7/23/14. It worked for 4 days. After the four days **** ***** contacted Mr. *****. Mr. ****** said he would be over to get the clock. Mr. ****** never showed or called. **** ***** called Mr. ****** and Mr. ****** didn't respond for the first four contacts. The fifth time that **** ***** left a messageMr ****** did respond. Once again, Mr. ****** indicated he would pick the clock up. The clock is under warranty etc. In December "2014" **** ***** asked me, his granddaughter, for help. I have had 7 contacts with Mr. ******, 5 per phone and 2 via e-mail. Mr. ****** indicated he would call grandpa and pick the clock up. He never called grandpa or picked the clock up. 4 out of 5 phone calls, he didn't call me back. I would have to use other numbers or call private to get communication. He never responded to my e-mails. **** ***** paid $610.25 to get his clock running. The clock is not working. For the last 10 months of Mr. ****** demonstrating on several occasions he does not do what he tells customers he will do, we want a refund in full! We would like to take our business to another route.
I thank you.
Respectfully,

********* *****
5/27/15

Owner of the clock
**** ***** (****)
5/27/15

I spoke to the Owners Granddaughter shortly before Memorial day about the Atmos clock, I asked her to contact me after the holiday weekend to arrange a time to bring the clock in for warranty repair, as of 6/16/15 I have received no phone calls at all. This clock is a carry-in item and it is the customers responsibility to bring the clock to me. If and when the customer decides to drop off the clock, warranty work will be performed.

The owner has made so many promises to me and my family calling on my behalf. I tried to personally resolve this issue before asking my granddaughter to assist. The man promised me he would do several things that did not get done. I do not want to do business with him due to his actions and long term habits of not returning phone calls and not doing what he indicates he will do. I want a refund and to move on. Thanks J *****

This clock is a carry-in item, warranty work will be performed until the warranty date expires. No refunds are issued for items still under warranty

03/02/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I have tried for over one year to get **** from Beavercreek Clocks to complete a repair he charged me over $692 to perform. Many calls go unreturned.
I hired **** to repair our grandfather clock in 2013. He took parts back to his shop and worked on it for several months, yes months. Many calls for status went unreturned. When he finally brought the clock back, it worked briefly - less than a day. Small parts, washers and other miscellaneous items began to appear on the bottom of the clock. Once again, many, many, calls were placed but unanswered. **** finally agreed to come back out in the summer of 2014. He then cancelled because "his wife needed the car". He eventually showed up, moved the clock's minute hand away from the hour hand and left. I called him again the next day to say the clock had stopped again. Once again, weeks and weeks go by with no return calls. He will occasionally leave a message which I return only to get his voicemail. Please note that his website has customers voicing similar concerns. Please assist. At this point, I would like him to refund my $692 since I never received the clock repair he was hired to perform.

I would like **** to refund the $692.25 since my clock was never repaired as promised, not to mention the extensive amount of time required to try to get him to return calls.

**** called me in January 2013 about his clock, I went to his home and found the clock mechanism dirty and worn from lack of oiling, I picked the clock up on 1-26-2013 and cleaned and overhauled the movement and returned approximately 2 weeks later in excellent running condition.
A full 8 months later I received a call stating the clock had stopped, so I performed a service call and the clock was simply out of beat.
Then, on April 1st, 2014 I received another call stating the clock had stopped again and I informed Mr ********* that his 12 month warranty had passed and I would make another service call out of good faith, which I did in May 2014 and left with the clock running.
I then received another call in October 2014 stating the clock had stopped. The clock warranty Had expired in January 2014, I will not be able to perform any more free service calls as of this date.
The problem with the clock is the Verge which is simple to replace. There are numerous clock repair facilities in the Dayton area who can perform this repair

07/29/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The owner will not respond to my calls or emails to pick up my clock.I just want to pick up my clock but he refuses to set a time when I can get it.
I took an antique clock to this company to be repaired and was told it would take 2 to 3 weeks. After a month I got a call that he had looked at it and the repair would be $300 more than he originally told me. I approved minimal repairs.

Two weeks later he left a message that my clock was repaired and to please call to set an appointment to pick up my clock.

I've been calling for 3 weeks and he won't return my calls or even my emails. I actually tricked him into answering by calling his cell from my daughters cell and he answered. He said he couldn't give me a time to pick up my clock because he didn't have his appointment book handy. He told me that if I would call the next morning at 8:00 AM, he would be at his desk and have his appointment book available. I called both his business and cell and he refused to answer. I've called both numbers for 3 days in a row and still can't get a response.

I truly hope this company is not a scam to steal family heirlooms from the elderly.

I just want my clock back!!

I just want my clock to be returned.

It seems a pretty simple thing but very difficult if the company refuse to respond to you.

Mr ****** picked up his clock on Tuesday July 15th at 8:50 am, his bill was $137.70 in which he wrote out a check and hastily exited without signing the check, I have called and left messages and have not received a return call, In fact this looks like a case of " theft by deception" I will be contacting the Clark county sheriffs office today and file a theft report.

02/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Mr. ****** has had our Grandfather clock for over 4 months and will not return our clock. He will not answer phone calls. He is very unprofessional.

Beavercreek Clock repair moved our clock from one home to another. He said it needed cleaned. He took the insides of our Colonial clock to his shop. He returned clock several weeks later. I paid him for moving the clock and cleaning and servicing the clock. I called him and told him the clock would stop and not continue. He came out and said he would have to take it in. He took clock into his shop over 4 months ago. When I talked to him on 2 occasions he said he was not home and to call him on Monday morning. I told him I wanted my clock back immediately. We have called him over 15 times. He does not return our clock or answer our phone calls. The grandfather clock was a birthday present 30 years ago. It has sentimental value. I want my clock back and running correctly. I did not have any problems with the clock before he touched the clock. It always ran and chimed on time.

I want my clock returned immediately. He advertises Guaranteed Customer Satisfaction. I am not satisfied so, I want all money I paid to him refunded. He had been very unprofessional. I would not recommend him to anyone.
***** & **** *******

The *******'s clock was picked up for warranty repair in November 2013, the movement was re-inspected and set up to run, the mechanism performed flawlessly for 8 winding cycles, I received a call from Mrs. ******* a few days before Christmas,Fuming and demanding her clock back now and today, I informed her I would deliver her clock on Christmas Day if my Wife permitted, ( she did not).
Mr ******* called me 6 times from 7:24 am until 1:59 pm on Jan 13th 2014 while I was driving from Hillsboro to Chillicothe Ohio and I do not text or talk on a cell phone while I am driving, Mr *******, then fuming left a few aggressive threatening messages, and the that afternoon he showed up at my residence unannounced or invited, I spoke with him with my appointment book in hand and wrote the name ******* on Wednesday Jan 22 2014, the following wednesday. My book was open, we both saw me write his name on Jan 22nd. So the next day I receive a call asking me where I was. I responded that the service call was scheduled for Wed Jan 22. That was not acceptable and Mr ******* stated he wanted to pick the clock up immediately, he arrived and hour late on Jan 16th 2014. We boxed the movement, weights and pendulum, and I assisted in getting the clock into the vehicle, I therefore am stating the the warranty on this repair is now void and no refund will me issued.

01/31/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The movement from a nine chime grandfather clock was removed to repair the chiming mechanism. After reinstallation it still does not work.
******* ****** from Beavercreek Clock Company removed the movement from a nine chime grandfather clock. After reinstallatiion it still did not work for more than two hours. I called his shop on 12/27/13 and left a message, but he did not respond. I tried to call again on 1/6/14 and found that his business numbers have been disconected. I paid n3arly $1400.00 by check for the repair.

Refund

I spoke with Mr ******* on 1-14-2014 concerning his clock, it was explained his clock is under warranty and we both agreed that when the customer is ready the warranty work will be completed, I will extend Mr *******'s warranty out 1 year from the time the warranty repairs are completed

Clocks - Service & Repair, Antiques - Repair & Restore