BBB Accredited Business since 04/30/2011

Select Auto

4 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

01/28/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Purchased Van was approved but then called 10 days later saying had to bring back.
We arrived at between 3 330 had some issues with the time frame from which i thought i was employeed at my current job. after getting all the correct info select auto finally got us approved. we left about 930. we gave him a check for 400 and our 99 grand am as part of this deposit. he told us when the loan place calls tell them we gave him 1200 in cash dont mention the trade signed over title to the grand am to select auto. 10 days later recieved a call telling us we had to bring the van back we wasnt approved. i told him i wouldnt be able to get back in there for three more days. he stated on phone he could get me the van for cheaper payments.

showed up when i told him I only had 30 mins to talk it over due that i had to work. time ran out i had to goto work got up to leave he grabbed me and started being forcefull so i pushed him back away from me and told him not to touch me again or i will call the cops. wouldnt let me leave in the van. had one of his employees bring the grand am around and take the plates off of the van and back onto the car. the grand am already had 30 day tags on it and the title was already in his name.

left for work in the grand am broke down from overheating the car had no cooliant and has no heat at all now (comes to find out he sold the grand am and the guy who bought it had to bring it back). went back to get our personal belongings from the van and the check and title back from the car. he signed the title but would not notorize it and now im stuck with a title thats in their name still and if i can get it notorized will be responceable for the fees to have title back into my name. i cant believe that you can drive a van for as long as we did and it be legal to call 10 days later to say wasnt able to get loan?

title notorized and fees to put back into my name covered by select auto. aswell as any fees that come from a shop of my choice to find out why now its over heating and not running the way it was when i traded it to select auto.

Contact Name and Title: *********************
Contact Phone: 937-********
Contact Email: ************@yahoo.com
This ****** from select auto,i sold car to ****** ****** with in good faith.he told me that he is on current job for 8 months i send his credit application to finance co with the 8 months job period on it with request that make it approve because he need a van. normally there requirement is minimum job period is one year. and they approved him because of our co goodwill.
when they got all paper work with his pay stubbs they find out that he is on the job for 3.5 months and they refused to finance him. I gave him the van on a good trust that finance co will pay me the amount they approved.
Then i told him why you lie to me that you was working for 8 months, he said i don't know when i started.Then i told him you cannot take van with you you have to take your grandam.but he want to take van forcebly,and i stoped him and gave his grandam to him.
I also have all the proofs with me and i can send all the photo,s copies to you that will show everthing what i stated in my statement.

I gave him the grandam title and then he called me that he lost the title and i need new title,now i have new replacement title for him and he can pickup any time.

His grandam was in the really bad shape and i not did anything with his car,And why i will destroy his car.i buy used cars and make them good,not destroy them.so in every step he is lieing and i don,t have any control in it.

So on your demand i will be happy to give you all proofs.If you have any question call me any time at my cell 937-********
***

11/19/2013Problems with Product / Service
07/23/2012Problems with Product / Service
12/13/2012Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

The 2002 Pt Cruiser was advertised for $4995, ****** charged me $6920.00 He said I was paying the finance company because of my credit
When this was discovered by the interview with the finance company via phone in his office, he would show me a copy of the contact, I didn't have mine with me. At the time of signing he just kept saying, sign here, here, here, here. The finance company has record of his doings. Now to find out the car may be a water damaged car. It is completely rusted out underneath, as well as the lower control arms are damaged and me and my family could of gotten killed. The finance company is working with me trying to make him give me another car, but he is not being very aggreable, he is wanting to put me in a junk car, or wanting me to pay him more

If Select Auto (******) the owner is not willing to give me a safe sound car for what he charged me for which is on my contract in the amount of $6920.00 including my down pymt of $1000.00, I wish for him to return my $1000.00 and for myself to not be reliable for the outstanding balance owed to the finance company.

****** from select auto.
I sold this car to her by telling her that $4995/-is a cash price and if she need fianancing the price wiil be diffrent,she said i need this car and tell me what will be the price, i told her i don't know untill i will send your information to the fianace company.Because of her bad credit the car price go up $6185.98+tax,title,documentation fee and 30 days tag.She put $1000.00 as a down payment and she was happy that she got the car.So all together she paid $6920.00.
And now she was not able to make the payment to fianace co(Mark one fianacial)and mark one repo her car on 19th of nov 2012.
She was knowing that her car will be repo any time because of non payment.Now she is trying to get her down payment from select auto.so if she was not able to make the payment to mark one that is not my fault.That is all.If you have any question please email me or call me at*************
****** *****

I have something more to add to my complaint. I have a witness who was with me throughout the whole transaction of the purchase. At no point in time was I ever told that that car was NOT being sold to be for more than the price that was on it which was $4995.00. If this dealer was not in the WRONG, why did he take the car back? He knew something was terribly wrong with it and is now afraid I'm going to file a lawsuit against him. Also, how can he speculate what I can nor can not pay, he is not the finance company! I am able to make a car payment, but I assure you, it will not be another purchase from him. As a matter of fact, ***** from Mark One Finacial will be assisting me in making sure I go to a dealer who is honest!! Let me also bring this to your attention. Where does it state and why that I was charged more because of my credit, by who? Not Mark One Financial, I asked them, I was told no, not on the purchase price.

mark one reposesed her car and sold to me. after that we did the complet inspection. there was no rust on the frame and we not found any issue in whole car.but she discribe that there is rust on the frame.and lot of other issues.we just change the oil and cleaned it and sold to another coutomer ,new coustomer is very happy with this car.I explained ******* very clearly that 4995/- is our cash price but if you wants to go with the financing it will be depending on her credit score if credit score is good then the price will be 4995/- but if score is less than 650 then price will be totally diffrent.and her credit score was under 500.
she came to me that she does't have to make her installment, and requested me if i can help her otherwise she will loose her car.
to help her i gave her one payment amount $230/- and she said she will return this payment later to me.and again she does't made payment to mark one then car was reposessed by mark one and sold to me.i am still doing bussiness with mark one frequently without any problem.
If you wants new coutomer can bring the car back at the carlot, and you can inspect it any where.she is making a false statement.and i have no control on it.
****** *****