In Dayton and the Miami Valley

Premier Auto Mall, Inc.

10/21/2013Problems with Product / Service
06/24/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage

Complaint: I WAS SOLD A USED VEHICLE UNDER FALSE PRETENCES & CAR SALESMAN HAD HIS REPAIR SHOP DO REPAIRS; CAUSED VEHICLE MORE PROBLEMS & IS UNDRIVABLE.
3/11/13 ****** ******* (DEALER) SOLD 2003 TRAIL BLAZER ($9,202.09 TOTAL PRICE) UNDER FALSE PRETENSES STATING IT WAS A 4WHEEL SUV. I PAID $2,2OO DOWN,CASH. 1ST DAY OFF THE LOT I NOTICED FRONT HEADLIGHT OUT & CAR SALES LOT WAS CLOSED. NEXT DAY I TOOK SUV TO PRECISION TUNE REPAIR SHOP TO REPLACE HEADLIGHT & GET OIL CHANGE MY COST APPROX. $60. FOUND OUT SUV HAD NO OIL IN IT & FRONT 2 AXLES WHERE MISSING; SO IT WASN'T 4 WHEEL DRIVE.

BROUGHT IT TO (****** *******)SELLERS ATTENTION HE STATED HE DIDN'T KNOW, BUT, HIS MECHANIC STATED HE WAS AWARE. MADE A FEW APPOINTMENTS WITH SELLER, HE CANCELLED 3/18/13 STATING HE RATHER NOT FIX PROBLEM & TAKE $200 OFF SELLING PRICE. I WASN'T SATISFIED WITH THAT I WANTED IT REPAIRED BECAUSE IT WOULD COST ME UP TO $4,000 ELSEWHERE. PLUS I ALREADY PAID $200 TO HAVE THE SUV FULLY INSURED THROUGH MY INSURANCE COMPANY & PAID FOR THE WORK DONE 3/12/13 @ PRECISION TUNE.

THE DEALERS MECHANIC PUT AXLES ON 3/23/13 & APPROX. 3WEEKS LATER SUV STARTED TO MAKE NOISE & DRIVE ROUGH. I TOOK BACK TO DEALER & HE SAID PROBLEM WAS AXLES & I WOULD HAVE TO PAY $300 FOR THEM TO TRY & REPAIR. I HAVEN'T DRIVEN SUV SINCE THEN. I HAD SUV TOWED TO PRECISION TUNE REPAIR SHOP 4/20/13 & THEY STATED THE FRONT DIFFERENTIAL NEEDED TO BE REPLACED WHICH RANGES IN COST FROM 3,OOO-4,000.

DEALER IS NOT WANTING TO DO ANYTHING ELSE STATING "THIS IS ALL ********." I INFORMED HIM I WILL CONTINUE TO MAKE MY PAYMENTS BUT, I WILL NOT PAY THEM TO PUT A BAND-AID ON THE PROBLEM, WHICH IS WHAT ****** ******* SAID HIS MECHANICS WOULD DO. (CUT AXLES & SEAL THEM UP SO THEY WOULDN'T LEAK, MAKING SUV BACK TO 2 WHEEL DRIVE, BUT, NOW WITH ADDITIONAL PROBLEMS THEIR NOT WILLING TO REPAIR.

I HAVE MADE PAYMENTS OF $2,200 3/11/13; $250.00 4/1/13; $230 4/12/13; $237.01 4/26/13; & MY NEXT PAYMENT OF 237.01 IS DUE 5/10/13. I BELIEVE HE WAS AWARE OF ALL MECHANICAL DEFECTS DUE TO THE FACT THAT HE STATES THIS VEHICLE WAS A REPO THAT A WOMAN HAD FOR TWO YEARS AND BROUGHT BACK BECAUSE HE SAID SHE COULDN'T AFFORD PAYMENTS. DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY HAVE THEIR ONSITE REPAIR SHOP I BELIEVE THEY SOLD THE VEHICLE UNDER FALSE PRETENSES & THEN TRIED TO COVER UP/FIX PROBLEMS ONLY CREATING MORE PROBLEMS AND NOW WANT NO RESPONSIBILITY OF REPAIRING, BUT, REQUIRING ME TO CONTINUE PAYING FOR A VEHICLE THAT IS NOT DRIVEABLE.

June 4, 2013
To Whom It May Concern:
On March 11, 2013 Ms. ****** purchased a 2003 Chevy Trail Blazer from our dealership. Prior to purchase date, after looking over the vehicle, Ms. ****** asked if she could take vehicle to her mechanic and have vehicle inspected before she purchased it. I told her that would be fine, and advised her to schedule appointment so that one of our staff could accompany her and the vehicle to the shop of her choice. Ms. ****** then test drove vehicle stated, she liked it and said she may return. Two days later Ms. ****** returned with male companion and the three of us went on second test drive. Upon returning to our dealership Ms. ****** and her companion consulted privately with each other and Ms. ****** decided to purchase vehicle.

On March 12, 2013 Ms. ****** and her male companion returned and explained that she had vehicle inspected by Precision Tune Repair Shop and it was discovered that the vehicle had been mechanically converted to a two wheel drive vehicle. After further inspection of the vehicle I confirmed this to be true. I apologized to Ms. ****** and her companion, explained to her that I was not aware of the conversion and offered her the full refund of all money she had paid to us for down payment of vehicle. Ms. ****** rejected the refund, she said she liked the vehicle and rather keep it. Ms. ****** asked me if I would consider lowering price of vehicle because she did not want the refund. I told her I was not interested in altering the price of vehicle, I reiterated to her, that she had vehicle inspected at Precision Tune Repair Shop, other then being converted to a two wheel drive vehicle you were told you have a good used vehicle. Ms. ****** then asked if I would install the front axles so that it would be a four wheel drive vehicle again. I explained to Ms. ****** that adding the axles may not result in the vehicle functioning as a four wheel drive. I explained that since the vehicle had been converted to a 2 wheel drive, it probably was done for a alternative reason and it would not be in her best interest to alter. I explained to her that by this being a older model vehicle she could be getting into more expense then its worth.

I told Ms. ******, rather then alter the vehicle I will give her the cost of the axles that she wanted installed on the vehicle. I explained this would eliminate the risk of causing possible or unnecessary damage to the vehicle. Ms. ****** rejected the offer of a check for the cost of front axles. Ms. ****** insisted that the axles be installed regardless of the risk. I advised her that if adding the axles did not cause vehicle to engage she would have to take responsibility for any issues or damage that this may cause, Ms. ****** agreed. After the axles were installed the vehicle seemed to operate fine she was happy and so were we.

Approximately three weeks later Ms. ****** and her companion returned to our office complaining of a noise underneath her vehicle. After inspection of vehicle we determined that the axles she insisted be installed on vehicle were causing a drivability issue. We explained to her the most cost effective way to remedy the issue would be to convert vehicle back to the two wheel drive condition that it was at time of purchase, anything else would result in major expense. I explained to Ms. ****** since she chose not to except the refund, and she chose not to accept our advice that installing axles may not resolve the issue and could possibly cause other potential damage to vehicle. it would be her responsibility to repair.

Premier Auto Mall, Inc. has for the past 14 years been operating and serving customers in Dayton, Ohio and abroad with the utmost respect and integrity. We take pride in the fact that we sell quality pre-owned vehicles. We do all we can to satisfy everyone we serve, but in this unique case it seems impossible. Ms. ****** was offered the opportunity to have the vehicle inspected by a place of her choosing before her purchase and she did not do it. Ms. ****** was offered a full refund of all money paid to Premier Auto Mall, three to four days after the purchase, she rejected the refund stating she liked the vehicle and she rather keep it. Ms. ****** rejected refund after discovering the vehicle was converted to a two wheel drive vehicle. Ms. ****** rejected our advise to not alter the drivability of vehicle and insisted on doing so even though she was advised of the potential risk of damage and cost that we clearly told her she would have to assume responsibility for since she was adamant on making the decision to alter the vehicle.

****** ** *******
President

I HAVE TAKEN THIS COMPLAINT TO COURT AS OF 6/3/2013, I'M SURE THAT IS WHAT HAS PROMPTED A REPLY FROM THE DEALER. THANK YOU FOR ASSISTING BUT, HOPEFULLY THIS MATTER WILL BE RESOLVED THERE.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that despite the company's reasonable effort to address complaint issues, the consumer remained dissatisfied.

Auto Dealers - Used Cars, Alternators & Generators - Auto Repair, Auto Diagnostic Service, Auto Electric Service, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Repair & Service - Diesel, Auto Headlight Restoration, Auto Repair - Suspension, Auto Repair - Steering & Suspension, Auto Repair - Shocks, Auto Repair - Tune-Up, Auto Repair - Power Steering, Auto Repair - Maintenance, Auto - Fleet Maintenance, Auto - Fleet Service, Brake Service