BBB Business ReviewWhat is a BBB Business Review?
BBB Accredited Business since 09/11/2006
Phone: (937) 222-3701Fax: (937) 220-6318
BBB Business Reviews may not be reproduced for sales or promotional purposes.
Customer Complaints Summary
|Complaint Type||Total Closed Complaints|
|Advertising / Sales Issues||1|
|Problems with Product / Service||5|
|Billing / Collection Issues||0|
|Guarantee / Warranty Issues||0|
|Total Closed Complaints||6|
Complaint Breakdown by ResolutionAbout Complaint Details
|11/19/2012||Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details|
Complaint Category: Repairs resulted in additional damage
Complaint: Received cat back from shop, wife took trip to NY and when returning to OH piece of under bumper was hanging on one side, then later, the other.
Business' Initial Response
Complaint Resolution: Company addressed the complaint issues. The consumer failed to acknowledge acceptance to BBB.
|02/26/2013||Problems with Product / Service|
|08/20/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|10/19/2011||Advertising / Sales Issues|
|09/17/2012||Problems with Product / Service|
|03/28/2011||Problems with Product / Service|
Auto Dealers - New Cars, Auto Repair & Service, Auto Body Repair & Painting, Auto Dealers - Used Cars
442 N Main St
Dayton, OH 45405(937) 222-3701
Industry Comparison ChartX
The information in the table below represents an industry comparison of businesses which are of the same relative size. This is based on BBB's database of businesses located in Dayton and the Miami Valley. Businesses may engage in more than one type of business. The percent of time the business engages in a type of business is not accounted for. There is no known industry standard for the number of complaints a business can expect. The volume of business and number of transactions may have a bearing on the number of complaints received by BBB.
*White-Allen Chevrolet is in this range.
Types of Complaints Handled by BBB
BBB handles the following types of complaints between businesses and their customers so long as they are not, or have not been, litigated:
- Advertising or Sales
- Billing or Collection
- Problems with Products or Services
- Guarantee or Warranty
We do not handle workplace disputes, discrimination claims or claims about the quality of health or legal services.
Additional Phone Numbers
- (937) 220-6350
- (937) 220-6330
- (937) 220-6340
- (937) 220-6370
- (937) 220-6333
Additional Fax Numbers
- (937) 220-6377
- Complaint resolved with BBB assistance
- BBB records show the issues raised in the complaint have been resolved. Either customer confirmed the complaint has been resolved, or business confirmed the complaint has been resolved and customer did not respond to BBB correspondence informing customer that complaint will be considered resolved unless BBB hears otherwise from customer.
- BBB found business made good faith effort to resolve complaint but customer not satisfied with business response
- BBB found that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them; however, customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, business may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but customer declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- Customer not satisfied with business response; BBB did not find business made good faith effort to resolve complaint
- BBB did not find that business adequately addressed the disputed issues and made a good faith effort to resolve them, and customer has informed BBB that he/she is not satisfied with the outcome. In some cases, customer may have agreed to mediate or arbitrate the complaint but business declined to participate in mediation/arbitration.
- BBB did not receive a response from business
- BBB did not receive a response from business after two attempts to contact business, and BBB communications with customer do not show that business contacted customer to resolve the complaint.
- BBB cannot process complaint
- This includes situations where BBB cannot locate business, business is no longer in business, or business is in bankruptcy and complaints must be submitted through bankruptcy trustee.
BBB Complaint Process
Your complaint will be forwarded to the company within two business days. The company will be asked to respond within 14 days, and if a response is not received, a second request will be made. You will be notified of the company's response when we receive it (or notified that we received no response). Complaints are usually closed within 30 business days.
BBB began including complaint response text in BBB Business Reviews on October 1, 2012. BBB reports the complaint response text for all reportable complaints against a business.
Industry Tips for Auto Dealers - New CarsBuying a New Car
Buying a Used Car
Dont Get Soaked Buying a Flood-damaged Vehicle
Dont Fall Victim to Enticing Auctions Ads for Cars!
Purchasing a Car Online
Spot Delivery Complaints are on the Rise
The Hail Season is Here
Know the Facts About Used Car Fraud Before You Buy
VIN Cloning Swindles Luxury Car Buyers
What is BBB Advertising Review?
BBB promotes truth in advertising by contacting advertisers whose claims conflict with the BBB Code of Advertising. These claims come to our attention from our internal review of advertising, consumer complaints and competitor challenges. BBB asks advertisers to prove their claims, change ads to make offers more clear to consumers, and remove misleading or deceptive statements.
What government actions does BBB report on?
BBB reports on known significant government actions involving business' marketplace conduct.
About BBB Business Review Content and Services
Some Better Business Bureaus offer additional content and services in BBB Business Reviews. The additional content and services are typically regional in nature or, in some cases, a new product or service that is being tested prior to a more general release. Not all enhanced content and services are available at all Better Business Bureaus.