BBB Accredited Business since 01/12/2009

DFW Discount Tire & Auto

11/04/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

I paid for parts and labor Oman car. I called to cancel an hour later but no one answered. Would not refund even though no work was done to the car
I came into the store to get my alignment done for 50 dollars. I was then told that the service could not be preformed because the front lower control arms and bushings needed to be replaced and that parts and labor would be 610 dollars. When I returned home I did some research and found someone that would do the same job with better parts for 250 dollars for both parts and labor. I called the store back immediately after finding this (about an hour after I had left) and no one answered and there was no voice mail to inform them of my decision. I then went to the shop the very next day to cancel the services and was told I could not. I was told I had already paid for the serviceis and that I was going to be charged 20 percent of the total cost as a restocking fee (a restocking fee on labor?).... I told them that was unacceptable because I paid for parts and services and received neither.

I would like the 610 dollars that I spent paying for parts and services back. I do not want a partial amount, seeing as no work was done to the car.

Mr ****** did come to our facility for an alignment. At which point we put his vehilcle on the alignment machine and found that his control arms and bushings required replacement in order to perform an accurate alignment. We informed the customer of this and of the fact that the parts (which were original equipment) needed to be special ordered from the dealership. Who in the event of us needing to return said parts charges us a restocking fee of 20%. The customer approved the ordering of the parts and paid in advance for the parts and labor, a total of 610 dollars. The next day the customer returned and informed us of his decision not to have the work done. We then offered his refund of 520 dollars which is his original 610 minus the 20% of the parts cost as the total parts cost was 480 dollars . ( not 20% of the entire 610) The customer declined any such refund . At this point in order to settle this dispute we will honor this refund in the amount of 520 dollars at any time. And we do apologize for the misunderstanding. Thank you on behalf of DFW Discount Tire and Auto.

Tire Dealers, Auto Repair & Service