BBB Accredited Business since 04/10/2000

Metro Tickets

12/19/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The tickets I purchased were denied upon entry when scanned to the sporting event due to the tickets already being used 40 minutes prior
I purchased 2 tickets to the University of Maryland vs. Michigan State football game Saturday, Nov 15th from Metro Tickets via findticketsfast.com. (Section: 21 Row: N
Seats: 1 & 2) After learning I was required to print my E-tickets I was finally able to find a location to physically print the tickets, I finally made it to the stadium and attempted to enter the venue after the game had already started. I was denied entry from multiple entrances and all event staff told me the same thing. The tickets had been scanned 40 minutes prior, therefore they had been sold to me after being sold to someone else. I immediately called *******, the Metro tickets representative and she told me she would have my money refunded by Monday, Nov 17th by COB. When I called back today, ******* proceeded to tell me that she would have to further investigate my claim because she has no evidence of the tickets being scanned at all. I also received an email from ***** ******* customer service rep for findticketsfast.com. While I appreciate her swift response to my complaint, I am now being told that in order for me to have a refund, I must submit a written statement from the box office of the University of Maryland on an official letterhead to be considered for refund. This is unreasonable because I did not purchase the tickets from the box office, I was unable to use the tickets at all. If *******, the representative had told me to do so when I initially talked after being denied entry several times, instead of promising a refund I would have done so right then and there. The fact of the matter is I am out $71, I was denied entry multiple times AND my entire plan to enjoy the game was ruined. I have saved all email strings regarding this matter.

I am asking that the full $71 be credited back to my account because I was unable to enter the game with the tickets I purchased. I never would have purchased them and gone through the trouble of finding a Fed Ex office AND paying to have the tickets printed if I had known there was a chance the tickets were already sold to someone else.

***** burns spoke with the customer today to apologize for the confusion with this situation. He offered her a full refund for the order along with a $71 credit for a future purchase. The customer accepted our offer and was thankful for our generosity.

08/13/2012Problems with Product / Service