Dallas and Northeast Texas

Louis Pools of Frisco, Inc.

02/05/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior repair

Complaint: Replaster of pool has cracks, improperly installed cholorinator and poor workmanship on coping, tile and pavestone. Cholorinator damaged pump.
There are cracks in the new tile and the new coping that will allow water leakage between them and will cause them to eventually break off. I know this because that is what **** told me was the cause of our original tiles coming off.

Our pool had a crack running the length of the pool that needed to be fixed before the new plaster was done. **** assured me, before the pool was emptied, that his plaster man had looked at it and that it was superficial which could easily be fixed and the re-plaster done. He assured me that it was not the gunite and that once the new plaster was on the pool we would not see the crack anymore. Once the pool was emptied I approached **** again and asked him NOT to plaster while I was not there and to let me have the original pool builder to come and look at it to make sure the gunite was ok. He refused and assured me that there was not problem and that he would fully warranty his work even if it meant he had to re-plaster again to fix it. I have spoke to Mr. Romo who re-plastered our pool and he said he did not see the pool before it was empty. Since the re-plaster was done not only has the original crack reappeared but also a new crack has formed. When I asked **** to have it done again like the warranty he told me they would come out and put a patch on the crack. I informed him that I didn't pay for a patch. I paid for a re-plaster and that if I wanted a patch job that is what I would have paid for to begin with.

Louis Pools was to remove the left side decking, re-pour new decking and add piers so that the new deck would not shift or crack. This new decking has many cracks all over it and in one place it is starting to chip away already.

Mastic replacement is starting to crack already.

Chlorinator: **** told us that we should have one of these so that we would not have an algae problem. When the plumber arrived he told **** that all of our plumbing was messed up and needed to be redone. **** called us and told us this message and said that it was so bad that if we did not pay for it he would do it but asked us to pay the man cash for his labor and he would pay for the parts. We did this in addition to the cost listed above. Once the pool was re-opened we saw the booster pump leaked at the plumbing connection when put under pressure and started having problems with the back flush valve. We replaced the back flush valve 3 times because overnight it would corrode so that it would leak. We asked **** about it and he said it wasn't his problem. Eventually our booster pump began to leak from the motor portion and again he said it wasn't his problem. We checked with the manufacturer of the Chlorinator and learned that it was improperly installed. When we reported this to **** he said that our information was wrong and that it was not his problem. We called out our usual pool maintenance man and he removed the chlorinator, replaced a corroded seal in the pump and reinstalled the plumbing. We have had no problems since. Our additional cost was $323.10. When we went to do our spring clean on the filter the filter manifold was corroded to the filter panels and had to be broken to remove it and so we had another cost due to the improperly installed chlorinator. I have the old plumbing and pictures to prove all of these claims.
Brick Pavers: All of the pavers have shifted and broken apart due to improper re-installation. **** promised to fix it and now won't do it stating that he doesn't have to because we don't have an automatic sprinkler system. We water by hand and he never asked before taking my money nor is that written anywhere.

I am frustrated that the work was shoddy and that **** is not willing to stand up to fix what he was supposed to fix. The last time he was at my house he wouldn't stand still long enough for me to have a conversation with him, he barely let me speak and he yelled at me in my own backyard. Then he left.

On March 16, 2012 we provided a proposal of desired items of the propsective customer which included replaster of an existing swimming pool which was built 10 years prior by another firm (that had existing cracks, acknowledged by the homeowner); remove and replace swimming pool coping; removal and replacement of 250 square feet pool decking which had lifted and cracked allowing for additional damage, replacement of a broken pool light, installation of an Inline Chlorinator as well as fixing of an existing brick pathway laid into the ground without any sub-base. The customer was educated by both Louis Pools of Frisco (in writing documented in the proposal) as well as by the plaster contractor and owner of the concrete contractor that the main reason for the issues that they are experiencing is due to an inoperable irrigation system evident by large voids in the ground. Louis Pools of Frisco not only preformed all of the work agreed to but was asked to conduct items above and beyond since they were "impressed with the level of detail and service" (this was evident by a letter of recommendation which we have in our possession by the customer dated Monday, April 16, 2012. Louis Pools of Frisco acknowledges receiving a call from the customer over the winter of 2012-2013 concerned that the pre-existing crack was making an appearance. Louis Pools of Frisco brokered a meeting with the owner of the contracted plaster company who re-stated that there was a chance of the existing crack appearing again BUT was willing to go above and beyond and attempt to cover it up again. The customer stated that she did not want any contractors in her yard and if she decided to then it would have to be done on a limited amount of time in which she was home and present. Regarding the in-line chlorinator; this is routine for us and our plumber and always done at factory specs. The customer nor will ANY customer be treated with nothing other than the utmost respect and NEVER would be "yelled at". A supposed "Certified Letter" has never been received. Based on the tone, how the complaint was written as well as the amount of money that is not in-line with the proposal as the resolution, we believe this is either a hoax or someone attempting to make money unjust. We would like an opportunity to upload the original invoices to display going above-and-beyond the scope of work on the customers behalf as well as the original proposal which clearly state that we cannot be responsible for the items based on the condition of the property which got the customer to the state of necessary repair to begin with.

Whoever wrote this is lying. ***** the supposed owner, assured as that the contractor had looked at our pool and said the cracks would not show up again and if they did Louis Pools would redo the plaster to make it right. This is NOT a hoax or attempt for monetary gain. It is simply a matter of him doing the right thing. His "supposed fix" that he offered was to come and fill in the new crack that would still be visible. I informed him that his offer was the equivalent of paying for a repaint on a car and him fixing it with a paint pen, which was not acceptable. As for the cholorinator, it was improperly installed. I still have the piece that he installed exactly as his plumber did it and it is clearly wrong according to the manufacturers instructions. As for the certified letter, it has been returned to me by the post office and I have it in my possession. I sent it so that it required the real owners signature, which I understand to be ****'s wife. Because they never picked it up it was returned to me. As for the "irrigation" that he supposedly talked to us about, well, it never happened until after he saw that his work failed and again I will tell you that I have the greenest yard in the neighborhood because I hand water and recycle the backflush water in the yard. **** is not being honest nor is he standing behind the work that he promised. **** is very careful to only "tell" you things and the only thing he is willing to put into writing is his pricing. When asked for copies of written warranties he only refers you to the warranties of the manufacturer of the product he is installing. I'm not the only person that is having problems with him and his workmanship. I find it interesting that **** states that the walkway was contracted to be relaid without any sub-base. It certainly was never told to me or put in writing that the work would be done in this matter. If fact, when I saw that the contractors arrived and were only putting in sand, didn't have a compactor and were not vibrating sand into the walkway I gave **** a call and complained. He told me then that it would be done right and if it failed he would warranty it and come fix it. The only thing the contractors did were to return the next day and sweep sand across the surface. Again, I called **** because I knew that the bricks would shift. I knew that it was not being done correctly because I watched the initial people install it. Again, **** reassured me that he would "make it right". Again, he failed. Louis Pools and **** have NEVER been willing to go "above and beyond" to fix anything. As for the coping, he even states above that the reason my initial coping came off was because of the cracks in the coping. This is one of my complaints against him is that the coping he installed and the tile have cracks that will eventually cause the same problem. The letter of recommendation that he has in his possession was written by my husband as the project was being finished. Had we known that within 3 weeks after that writing the everything would start falling apart and that **** would not be willing to "make it right" that letter would have never been written. The letter is not in regards to Louis Pools and **** but rather the fine employee Vince that was working our project. I insisted that **** come to my house to see the damage to the pool. When he arrived he marched around my pool yelling "It looks great!" I kept saying "No it doesn't, look at the crack, look at the brick, look at the coping, look at the rust discoloring my pool water from the corrosion of the pump due to the chlorinator. It was so bad that I wouldn't let my family in the pool to swim because I didn't know if it was toxic. The one time I did have people in the pool and turned it on my 75 year old mother was beside one of the jets and the fumes gagged her and she was almost overwhelmed. She had to get out and sit down until she could breath. Then **** started yelling at me about the amount of water in the pool. I didn't have the pool completely filled because I was afraid to run the pump, however, the water was at an acceptable level to run the pump. Then he started yelling about the fact that I didn't have an automatic sprinkler system while not even asking how I was watering my yard. I had to raise my voice at him to tell him to stop talking so that I could even tell him what I wanted done. The he started to rush out of the yard and I stopped him to ask what he was going to do. He said he would get back with me after speaking with the plaster contractor. He never called the contractor or got back with me. He never did anything except ignore me until this spring when I contacted him again. He said he would come out and fix things and I told him that I didn't want anyone on my property to do work unless I was present. I don't think that that is an unreasonable request given everything that he and his contractors have messed up to begin with.

Complaint Resolution: Company failed to resolve the complaint issues through BBB voluntary and self-regulatory process.

Swimming Pools - Private, Swimming Pool Contractors, Dealers, Design, Outdoor Kitchens