BBB Accredited Business since 03/07/2016

Tomahawk Restoration and Development, LLC

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

08/08/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The work that was completed was inferior and there was damage to my property. I explained this to Clayton but my requests into have been ignored.
Staining to the caps of the fence was not done at all, replacement of pickets and loose boards were not re-nailed and secured as promised. The decorative work that was agree upon was poorly done and completely unacceptable. There was damage to my property in the form of spillage of stain on my patio and a large area of grass was killed due to careless handling of paint/stain containers.

First and foremost, the individual who did the work is to never set foot on my property again. I explained this preference to Clayton earlier and he apparently he has chosen to ignore my request. In addition, the work that I have identified in the Complaint Summary has to be addressed.

Please close the complaint case # ********. The owner of the business and I have settled on the matter and I have agreed to withdraw the complaint. Thanks for your consideration.

05/26/2016Problems with Product / Service
07/25/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Tomahawk began work and haven't returned in over 2 months which has resulted to additional damages to my home.
I contracted with Tomahawk and their rep **** to repair and replace my rooftop deck. They began work on March 24, 2014, and the job is nowhere close to completed. After removing the old deck, and replacing some of the plywood, they lined the flooring with a rubber-like material that **** referred to as a "glorified pool liner". They assured me, that this would protect the inside of my house from anymore water getting in. After issuing them a check that they were supposed to wait and cash, they did not wait and attempted to deposit in their account. They then had to return the $2000.00 to me and we were in agreement that I would pay $4000.00 which is more than half the total quote when I returned from my weekend trip to New Orleans on April 7th, 2014. Upon my arrival, I walked into my house only to find 2 more additional leaks in my bedroom that had never existed before. My bed was completely soaked with rainwater and could not be salvaged. Anything on or around my bed was ruined including the carpet which now smells like mildew. Valuable sports memorabilia, books, and notebooks were all ruined. I immediately called the company to get a rep out at which point he admitted to me that his crew had repaired it incorrectly and the leak should have never occurred. He ****** then attempted to fix the leak area with a latex sealant. On May 13, 2014 after another significant rain 3 more new additional leaks (Now 5 new leaks) sprung out in my bed room this time much more severe. The drywall ceiling began to sag and within a day it collapsed leaving a giant gaping hole in my bedroom ceiling. After contacting the owner **** *****, he assured me that this would be resolved prior to the end of May. I continuously get the run around about when the company is actually coming to complete the job. At one point they had to fire a crew, then I was waiting for them to find another crew. They supposedly found a new crew, but then had to wait for that crew to finish the current job that they were on. Tomahawk on multiple occasions has given me a date that they would return to work and they have not followed through one time. They don't even call to let me know that they are not coming, it is always me reaching out to them to see where they are. After speaking with **** again he committed to begin work on Monday June 2, 2014 and of course the pattern of no call no show held true. For the past two months, I have been unable to sleep or do anything for that matter in my bedroom. I have been more than patient with the company and would like to see this issue and screw up on their part to be resolved ASAP!

I would like to be compensated for my bed, carpet, and additional damages to my home caused by their negligence.

We regret learning of Mr. ******'s situation and are equally surprised to learn of his decision to file a formal complaint with the BBB. Our goal is to provide the highest quality service and workmanship on every project and pride ourselves in customer satisfaction; which is reflective in our A+ rating. We take this rating seriously and wish to inform the BBB that every effort was made to ensure that Mr. ****** was a satisfied customer. We realize that, unfortunately, it is inevitable to contract with a customer whom takes advantage of companies and businesses for personal gain. While these situations are uncommon, we chose to abide by our company goal and give the customer the benefit of the doubt until it is no longer in the company's best interest; such as the case with Mr. ******.
As stated, Tomahawk entered into a contract with Mr. ****** to make repairs to and replace portions of the rooftop deck area. Several active leaks throughout his home were present prior to contracting with Mr. ****** and are documented in pictures which show buckets being used to catch water leaking from the ceiling; these pictures are in possession of his insurance company. On March 24, 2014, Tomahawk provided all materials needed and began work without any form of down payment from Mr. ******. On March 26, 2014, Mr. ****** provided partial payment in the form of a check in the amount of $2000.00 which he suggested should not be deposited until March 28, 2014. As a standard practice, all checks brought to the office by Tomahawk staff are deposited at the end of the business day unless post-marked. Tomahawk office personnel followed procedure and deposited the check the same day. On March 27 Tomahawk learned that Mr. ****** did not have sufficient funds to clear the check and that his account was now in the negative, affecting his child support payment. In an effort to assist Mr. ****** during his financial distress, Tomahawk kindly issued him a check for $2000.00 so he would be able to meet his obligations. As a preventative measure, Tomahawk felt it was in the best interest of the company to secure more funds from Mr. ****** in the event that he may have insufficient funds as Tomahawk invested more time and resources into the project. Both parties agreed that Mr. ****** would provide a check in the amount of $4000.00 upon his return one week later. At the time of his return, Tomahawk was informed of leaks and promptly dispatched a representative to the project. The qualified representative performed a thorough inspection and found no areas where Tomahawk performed work to be problematic. As a preventative measure and to reassure Mr. ******, a sealant was applied around pipe jacks and flashing. Tomahawk attempted to collect the $4000.00 promised by Mr. ******, but were told it would be a few more days. During the following weeks, Tomahawk coordinated specific dates and times with Mr. ****** for work to be performed. Due to the layout of the property, the roof is only accessible from inside the home. On several occasions, crews were dispatched to perform work at an agreed time, only to find Mr. ****** not home, late, or unavailable. It was also during this time that Tomahawk attempted to collect the agreed upon $4000.00 from Mr. ******, but again, he was not home, late, or unavailable.
Tomahawk has a reputation for providing quality workmanship and outstanding service. Unfortunately, Tomahawk cannot run successfully if we chose to do business with customers whom are unwilling to uphold their end of the contract.

I am flabbergasted at Tomahawk's attempt to make it seem as thought they are the ones who have been wronged in this agreement. If Tomahawk is so worried about there A+ rating, then one would think that their response time would reflect such. By waiting until the very last moment to respond and by not contacting me regarding my complaint or their lack of work, I believe it is obvious the way they handle business is very unorthodox.

There were pre-existing leaks before Tomahawk began work, which is the initial reason I contracted with them to repair these leaks. After tearing out the old decking and roofing, I was told that the rubber "glorified pool liner" would prevent additional leaking and any new leaks from forming. This was clearly not the case as my bed and my carpet are both ruined.

Regarding the deposit of $2000.00, I was told that the check would be held until the date we discussed. I don't know the company's "Standard Practice" but I do know what I was told by their representative. As stated in my original complaint, after they returned the $2000.00, we agreed that I would pay $4000.00 upon my arrival from out of town. It was only after I arrived to more damage done to my home that I refused to pay anything until I saw progress in the right direction. As I was now without a bed and unable to sleep in my bedroom, I felt that it was only fair that they receive no payment until improvements were made.

When the qualified representative (Hans) was dispatched to my home, he immediately noticed an area of concern of where the work was not performed correctly and pointed this area out to me. This is the area where he applied the sealant in hopes of preventing more leaking, not to reassure me as stated in their response. I don't get why sealant would be applied if Tomahawk found no areas where work has been found to be problematic. Also, if they did not find the work to be problematic, then why did they bring in a flat roofing specialist on June 5, 2014 to replace the crew who originally started the work that caused the damages. Since Tomahawk has been to my home, I have had 2 additional contractors come out who have found their work to be problematic at the least.

After our initial agreement to pay $4000.00, I never promised after that to give that money to Tomahawk. As a matter of fact, I told them the exact opposite that I would not be giving them any money until progress was made and we had a resolution in place for the additional damages I had incurred.

During the following weeks, I was told that Tomahawk would be coming to my home on many different dates and times only to be lied to on multiple occasions. I have text messages and voice mails that will verify as much. They were the ones who had trouble finding a crew and who told me on multiple occasions that they would be coming, only to not show up. I have a roommate who is at home during the day that can confirm that they never once showed up. Even though I planned to be there if they ever showed up, I was told on many times by Hans that I did not have to be there to let them in because they could access the roof from the outside with a ladder.

I have given Tomahawk ample time to correct the damages caused by their negligence. The fact that they are blaming the customer rather than taking ownership for their lackluster workmanship is a tell tell sign of their moral code. For them to say that I'm not holding up my end of the contract is totally ludicrous. I have made myself available to grant them access to my house, and I was more than willing to pay for "quality workmanship and outstanding service" which according to them they have a reputation of providing both. Unfortunately, I have received neither.

Roofing Contractors, Energy Conservation Products & Services, Windows, Fence Contractors, Roof Repairs, Radiant Barrier Contractor, Siding Contractors, Commercial Roofing, Painting Contractors, Contractor - Insulation, Gutters & Downspouts