BBB Accredited Business since 07/05/2011

Impact Roofing, LLC

10/03/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

September 2011 replaced our roof I notified them I saw water leaks they came out and said not their problem.
In September of 2011 Impact roofing replace our roof with a 5 year warranty. Lately I notice water leaks and called them to send someone by to take a look. One of their contract workers came by and said yes that we did have a problem above our entryway and he did put some calking in it as well as a big leak by our back porch. When I called Patrick at Impact about when I could expect repairs he met me at my house on X-XX-XX and tired to tell that his contractor did not find a water leak and that they were not responsible for anything.

I would like for them to come back and fix the roof where it is leaking and repair the damaged that was caused.

On Sept. 3rd I received a call from Mr. ****** that he had a leak in his patio on his 2 year old roof and had some bad boards. I had our field technician that has been us for 17 years meet Mr. ****** 48 hrs later to look at the roof issues. Upon his inspection he told Mr. ****** that there was a design issue where the valley is to close to the rake edge and was running down in under the eve causing water penetration. He did put some caulking on that area as a precaution. Mr. ****** then pointed out a area above the front door where he had said water was coming in. After looking at it there was no water damage or stain. There was a section where the caulking had seperated from the crown molding, but no sign of water penetration. I had come out Sept. 24th (3rd time out) on Tuesday to met Mr. ****** and went over all the items. I went on the roof and inspected all areas and found our technicians diagnose was correct. I had offered to extent the valley with metal to prevent water running down that rake. When Mr. ****** asked me to replace the trim board on the rake. I told him it is not part of the roof and was not going to to that he said he was going to have it replaced and take Impact to small claims court. He also said he was going to write a letter telling everybody that Impact Roofing was rip offs. It was at this time I said I am done and left. We do have pictures of all the issues if needed.
We just recieved a call from Mr. ****** and we are meeting with him this Friday Sept. 27th for the 4th time to do a water test.

Roofing Contractors, Water Leak Detection, Roof Repairs, Waterproofing Contractors, Roofing Service Consultants, Commercial Roofing, Gutters & Downspouts