Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 06/16/2014

BLUE Roofing & Construction

10/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

After accepting initial payment, was forced to wait over two months before they started the project, and the project is still not completed.
I signed a contract with Blue Roofing for roof replacement as per scope from ******** *********** received my ACV check ($6026.49) and signed it over to Blue Roofing, TWO MONTHS LATER, MY ROOF HAD STILL NOT BEEN STARTED, LET AlONE DONE!!!!!. I finally had to physically go to his office (July 30) during an employee meeting and confront **** and his staff, as phone calls and voice mails NEVER got returned. (Don't get me started on the fact that phone calls to the office are shuttled to various cell phones and are screened..)

During the confrontation in his "office", **** ****** and ***** ***** assured me that my roof would be completed within the next 24 hours, OR I WOULD RECEIVE A FULL REFUND!! (Have written agreement to that in my possession as well). This was on Wednesday July 30th. The shingles were actually finally installed Saturday August 2nd, obviously not within the 24 hour guarantee that he hand wrote me, BUT,as of today's date 8/20/14 the metal portion of my roof is still not completed per *********** scope and my contract!

Their office is merely a "front" with no actual personnel on site, so if you want to meet an actual person at their "office" you will have to be fortunate enough to catch them there at a "sales meeting", as I was...

Oh, and lest we forget....THE ENTIRE TIME THEY DALLIED, MY ROOF CONTINUED TO LEAK INSIDE MY BEDROOM!!!!!
The repair needed and subsequent precautionary steps necessary due to the leak was noted in the original ******** insurance scope.

Due to failure to perform at all levels of the contract, leaving my roof to continue to leak for an additional 2 months AFTER signing the contract and cashing my insurance ACV check....not finishing the project as of today's date....and the fact I am now left with the specter of finding another company to finish the work, I am not going to be satisfied with anything less than a total refund in the amount of $11080.43...

Which **********t already agreed to verbally and in writing in front of his entire staff.

This BBB complaint is simply a means of extortion. The deal was brought forth by ******* *****'s nephew, ******* ********* who was formerly an independent contractor representing Blue Roofing.

Blue Roofing has replaced the ******* *****'s roof and even done additional work beyond the insurance scope of loss. We cannot proceed with additional work until the payment delinquency is resolved.

The deductible payment of $2500 per the insurance contract price was never paid. Blue Roofing will not proceed with further work without a signed promissory note to pay remainder balance to satisfy the exact insurance contract price, or this would be an illegal act of insurance fraud.

******* ***** is legally liable to pay in full for all services rendered per his insurance contract price, regardless of the fact that he was dealing with his nephew.

******* ******** was fired because of his grave actions. Due to Blue Roofing's cordial relations with the supposed complaint filer, ******* *****, we strongly suspect that this complaint has actually been filed as a blackmail attempt by his nephew ******* ********* and not ******* *****.

Thus, we request proof of identity of the person filing this complaint and a copy of the insurance contract price. Please provide the following for the BBB to inspect:

1) Copy of ******* ***** Driver License
2) Proof of all payments made thus far to Blue Roofing
3) Copy of the insurance scope outlining all the work + payments to be made for each trade to indicate that ******* ***** is lawfully up to date on all his payments

Upon BBB receiving the above, Blue Roofing will break down the numbers and prove the payment delinquency that would be upheld and enforced via lien filing with the Colin County court if necessary.

****:
I have been out of town on a race team and have just now had the opportunity to review Blue Roofing's response. I assumed that I also had 21 days in which to respond.
Attached are some Video and pics that act as a rebuttal to Blue Roofing' response which will further my case. Please review at your earliest opportunity.

The video shows the roof leaking at the asphalt to aluminum junction. The last one show the check they received for the replacement of the shingle portion of the job. The insurance estimate had additional materials and labor for replacement of porch aluminum and leak damage to the interior of the house which they did not perform. I had to have another contractor come out and finish the job.
Note also the pink paper given to me by ******** promising to finish my roof in 24 hours or I would get a complete refund. This witnessed by 6 additonal employees as well as his office "manager" , *****. The shingle section was completed in 72 hours. None of the rest of the work was ever done by them.
To recap: Blue Roofing took my check on first of August. Didn't start until 2 months later, and that only because I barged into one of their sales meeting and demanded my money back.
Made false guarantees (in writing)
Took payment and never finished the job per the insurance scope.
Very distasteful company to deal with!!
Thanks
*******
See attachment

Roofing Contractors, Contractor - Flat Roof, Fences - Wood, Fences - Vinyl, Fence - Sales, Service & Contractors, Fence Staining, Fence Contractors, Insurance Claim Processing Services, Roof Repairs, Roofing Service Consultants, Contractor - Tile Roofing, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Commercial Roofing, Roof Decks, Painters - Commercial or Residential, Painting - Faux Finishing, Painting Contractors, Paint Removing, Contractor - Roofing Spray Foam Insulation, Home Builders, Contractors - Gutters, Gutters & Downspouts, Contractors - General