All Trades Exteriors

12/16/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Contracted to have roof replaced on. Wrote check to Contractor who failed to perform work never delivered materials,and will not return money.
On 7/10/2013, I wrote a check to "All Trades Exteriors" for $12,935.00. This was to order materials for the roof replacement.

The original roof was torn off the house to be replaced while I was on vacation (August 22, 2013.) I was told that all the work would be done when I returned on September 2. Upon my return, I discovered that there was no roof on the house only decking and tar-paper stuff. I was told that the wrong materials came in and new roofing materials had been ordered. I was told that the metal roofing had been installed over shingles and that the shingles had to be torn off and the roof re-decked.

Sept 16 I was told there was a confirmation that new materials would be in on Wednesday - then, it was they would be in on Thursday. I called on Thursday, (Sept 19) and expressed my concern regarding the roof - because there was rain scheduled for Friday (9/20/13) and I were leaving town on Friday night. On Thursday afternoon, All Trades came over and did something or other to the roof and assured me that the roof was "water tight". This proved not to be the case when the rain began Thursday night and lasted thru Friday morning. I called Friday and told All Trades that my house was leaking all over and I now had further damage to nearly every room.

On Monday, 9/23/13, I received an e-mail from All Trades stating they had found another supplier for the materials and that it would take 24-48 hours to pull the materials. I was told that All Trades would take care of the additional damage caused by the rain. My Lawyer told me to allow them the opportunity to fulfill their obligation given the email stated that they accepted responsibility for the damage.

On Wednesday, 9/25/13, I sent an e-mail stating that we had rain forecast for that weekend and requested that the roof be done before another rain came in. The response "Yes, I am picking the materials up this afternoon and we will have it completed before the rain gets here."

Thursday, 9/26/13, no one came to the house and no work had begun on the roofing.

Friday 27, 2013 - still no roof on my house.
I wrote All Trades and stated that they had left me with no avenue other than to demand a complete refund of my deposit for materials. I requested a Cashier's Check for $12,935 back to me by Saturday 9/28/13. ( This deadline was not met.

All Trades left a message on my Voice mail stating that they did not have the $$ to purchase they new materials and they could not get a refund for the original order of incorrect materials. I then told them that I would give them until Sunday October 6, 2013, to return my money.

I believed they sincerely were attempting to rectify the situation. However,since it has been over 2 months since I gave them the money in good faith that the work would be performed, I can only surmise that I have been deceived.

9-OCT-2013: I am out $12,935; have no roof on my house; will have to pay for a new roof out of my own pocket; have to pay for all the interior damage due to leaks caused from having no roof on the house; and have had to turn this over to an attorney for resolution.

Cashier's Check for the full amount $12,935.00.

Roofing Contractors, Contractor - Metal Roofing, Radiant Barrier Contractor, Contractor - Tile Roofing, Roofing Service Consultants, Roof Repairs, Siding Contractors, Painting Contractors