Dallas and Northeast Texas

Wells Asset Management, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

03/11/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: None of the Above - Repair Complaint Issue

Complaint: My aparment is rodent infestated,amenities are not working properly. They continue to do patch jobs on any and all repairs. Rodents have returned!
On February 07, 2013 I ****** ****** residing at River Oaks Apartment in Arlington Texas which I have been residing at this location for 1 1/2 years. It has been an unpleasant stay due to major and minor issues that I have continued to complained about to the assistant manager Angie as well as the manager Kassidy. First moving into the apartment I had roaches and advised the management staff of this with my sister Kanisha Overstreet who was present during my walk through. We were advised that they do not have a roach problem and we should buy some raid but they would have the pest control come out. After this incident approximately 4 to 5 months later my air condition went out in the unit that i reside in and pay monthly rent for. Kassidy was advised verbally, she sent the maintenance worker and she was present as well as my mother Loretta Price. At this meeting I advised her my air condition had been out for 4 days and Kassidy stated "its only been out for 4 days" meaning it wasn't a big ordeal with the current summer temperatures reaching 110. I have been mistreated, discriminated against, treated unfairly due to me making my complaints. The next incident was a snake inside of my apartment that I currently reside and pay monthly rent for, I advised Kassidy verbally per management request about the snake left a message on the 24 hour emergency line and never recived a phone call back, at this time I requested to be let out of my lease. Kassidy stated she had to call corporate due to me requesting to be let me out of my lease, at this time Kassidy informed me that corporate would not let me out of my lease, but I could move to another property of theirs with no discount, help with moving or any compensation. On December 04, 2012 another incident occurred I came home to notice rat droppings on my balcony (which are still there as of today), I walked to the front office located on the property and spoke with the assistant manager Angie and informed her of the rat droppings again after leaving a voice message on the office phone number, Angie told me that she would get the maintenance guy out and take care of this problem right away. On Monday January 28, 2013 my apartment amenity (refrigerator) that is provided by your company and apartment complex went out. Everything was defrosting and I lost approximately $200 dollars worth of food. I called the mainteance guy directly due to the lack of response from the front office and he came out and replaced the compressor due to it being ofter hours, two days later the refrigerator went out again, My mother called Kassidy and she stated they would go to my apartment and take a look at it. Two days later it went out again since the third time I haven't had any problems out of it, Kassidy stated if it was to go out again they will have to replace the entire refrigerator. Today February 07, 2013 I ****** ****** walked into my kitchen located at River Oaks Apartment that I reside in and pay monthly rent, noticed my bread that I placed on top of my microwave was now on my kitchen counter had big bites taken out of the bread as well as the packaging which was sealed properly. My apartment now appears to be infested with mice and or mouse. My sister and I contacted Kassidy via telephone and advised her the call was being recorded and we have another issue. Kassidy proceeded to ask if I wanted to get out of my lease, I stated to her yes, she stated "I feel the same way". She also stated if I had placed the first request in writing? I advised Kassidy that Angie didn't state to me to put it in writing all she stated to me was "I'm so sorry ****** I will get maintenance out there". Kassidy stated "if its not in writing then I don't know about it and if I don't know about it then I can't make sure it is done. I then stated to Kassidy isn't "Angie the assistant Manager? Why didn't she tell me his incident with the rat dtoppings had to be in writing.

We have been notified of the pest control issue in this unit and have taken the necessary measures to correct the problem. Pest control found no evidence of infestation however, we have decided to treat the entire building just as a precaution. We currently have no open maintenance request other than the pest complaint which is being taken care of.

10/26/2012Billing / Collection Issues