In Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 03/01/2002

Metro-Flow Inc.

09/06/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Failure to provide promised assistance or support for products or services

Complaint: Failure to honor the annual inspection service call as a result of my being a Diamond Club customer. 4 times tried to schedule. Rudeness of CSR!
Diamond Club agreement signed January 2013.
May: Receive mail notice about annual plumbing inspection I am entitled to as a result of the Diamond Club agreement and asking that I call to schedule an appointment, so I did. Told I am limited to two days of the week. So I'm scheduled for a Wednesday (I think) at 9:00--1st appt of the day.
1st time - June: Metroflow called me to reschedule the inspection service call due to a plumbing emergency another customer had. I say that's fine, I understand. They reschedule me for July 2 at 9:00 a.m. First appt of the day.
2nd time - June: I called to reschedule the appointment due to a personal emergency. It is rescheduled to July 10 at 9:00 a.m. even though I request 9:30 due to personal plans but I agree to 9:00 a.m. and change my plans in order to be at home at 9:00 a.m.. I confirm the exact day and time, Wednesday, June 12 at 9:00 a.m. and promptly write it down when I hang up.
3rd time July 10: Call Metroflow at ~9:30 am because Inspection plumber that I was expecting at 9:00 a.m. has not arrived. Find out they made a mistake and had written down 3:00 p.m. NOT at 9:00 a.m. I had written down 7/3 June 12 9;00 a.m. as soon as I confirmed the exact date and time with the person who answered the phone--not the usual CSR. Usual CSR apologizes for error We reschedule for Wed. 7/17 and agree to the time of 9:30 a.m. SHARP. I tell the CSR that I will be home on Wed. 7/17 at 9:30 .m. If they fail to show up, I will cancel my Diamond Club agreement and will request a refund. She assures me that they will be here at 9:30 the time I was requesting due to their error.

4th time July 17. I am out of my home from 8:00 to 9:20 a.m. I get home in what I thought was plenty of time to greet the plumbing inspection rep at 9:30 a.m. I find 3 messages on my home phone and 1 on my cell phone that BEGAN at 9:00 a.m. this same day! I was away from my home at church and had my cell phone off, not expecting any calls. I called Metroflow at 9:21 to tell them I was at home and expecting the inspection plumber at 9:30 a.m. as scheduled. The CSR told me that since I was not at home, she had scheduled the inspection rep to another job. She chastised me for not having answered my phone earlier. When I asked her what time it was right then, she answered 9:21 a.m. The appointment was for 9:30 a.m. I was at home on time. (I made a special effort to be home early.)
I was upset. The CSR then started yelling at me saying that since I had raised my voice and yelled at her, she was yelling back at me. At that point, I realized we were getting nowhere. I told her I was concluding the call and hung up. I now believe that MetroFlow has no real intention of honoring annual plumbing inspection service calls. This Diamond Club agreement is just a filler for when their plumbers are not busy. They should state clearly that this service is on an "as available" basis and not a binding agreement. I am so disappointed with Metroflow that I just want my money back. I do not want to do any further business with Metroflow. I know there are good plumbing, honest, considerate and courteous companies out there.

I spoke with the customer and apologized for our behavior and explained the actions taken with our CCR. She was reprimanded and went through more training, I also explained of the importance of each and every customer that we have, and without customers we do not exist, I also offered to return the Membership money and with the customers permission go ahead and complete the service that came with the membership at no cost. She agreed for us to return and complete the Membership agreement. She also agreed to have our CCR contact her to set up a appointment. I also explained how I appreciated the opportunity to talk about the incident and how Important it was to me. This only helps us learn from out mistakes.

I did receive the call as indicated, which I certainly appreciated. The CSR did call me to schedule an appointment to perform the service. This is scheduled for Wednesday, August 14, at 9:30 a.m. The person who called me to apologize for the CSR's behavior, offered to also refund the Diamond Club membership fee, which is what I am requesting. The company offered to also perform this service voluntarily. I did not expect them to do this. To me this is certainly an indication of their goodwill. Assuming they
return the membership fee and perform the service as agreed to, I will accept their response.

Complaint Resolution: BBB determined that while the company addressed the complaint issues, the complainant was dissatisfied and the matter was outside BBB Rules of Arbitration.

07/25/2011Problems with Product / Service