Proz Pest Control, LLC

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

04/15/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Service Contract not honored by this company.
On July 31, 2012 I signed a contract with PROZ Pest Control that was for bug control service four times per year. On August 2, 2012 they did the first treatment.I had given them my credit card number at the time I signed the contract.
On December 2, 2012 the technician came to do the quarterly treatment...I was at home, but did not answer the door (per PROZ it is not necessary to be home for the service to be performed). Within no more than 10 minutes, he was gone and the bill for $99.59 was in my door. He did NOT do anything! I immediately called their office ... very upset and was told it would be "looked into".
It got to the point I realized they assumed I was lying. I called my credit card company and instructed them to no longer accept or pay any charges to the company; which they did. PROZ wanted to come back and 'fix the mistake'...I told the office both by phone and e-mail that
it was more than a mistake on their part. I was in no way confident that, if I allowed them to come back, that I would ever trust them again. I felt that since they did not honor the terms of the contract I was not expected to honor it either and told them that I would not be paying the cancellation fee. On one occasion I asked if I could speak to the owner and was told "they're office is out of state". On February 19, 2013 I was able to find the owner's name and address in Mesa, Arizona and sent them a registered letter on that date. When I went to the USPS tracking site I found that a notice had been left for them to pick up the letter. To date I have heard nothing from the owner.
I have now received an e-mail from them stating that this HAS been turned over to a collection agency as well as a bill in the mail telling me that if the $239.02 is not paid by March 25, 2013 they WILL turn it over to a collection agency. I do not feel they have the right to do this since they did not honor the contract. I am a 69 year old widow and NEVER have I been treated in such a manner nor have I ever not paid my bills.

I do not want to pay the $239.02 cancellation fee.

Dear Mrs. ******,

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. I will talk to our office staff immediately and have them remove any cancellation charges on your account.

I would like to let you know a couple of things about our company and pest control in general that you might not be aware of.

During regular quarterly service if the home doesn't have any problems and your just treating the outside, a normal preventative service may take from 15 to 20 min depending on the size of home. Our initial service is quite intensive due to dusting all the exterior wall voids and treating all the inside baseboards and other cracks and crevices inside. This takes about 45 minutes. We have had people think we are not doing anything because the regular prevention services take far less time. We try to give people the peace of mind with a guarantee if they ever need anything between regular services it is totally free.

Proz does have measures in place to make sure our technicians perform their duties. We job shadow our technician every month and we have GPS units in each truck. These GPS units show exactly how long they are parked at each house. Unfortunately I was not able to look up how long the technician was at your house because it only stores information up to 3 months.

Proz is not an out of state company. Yes it is true the I and the other owner do not live permanently in Texas but our full operations are in Texas in Lewisville. I currently live in Utah for 6 months of the year and in Dallas for 6 months around the summer months.

Again I am very sorry about your situation and am more than happy to talk to the office staff and have them remove any cancellation fee from your account.

****** ******

02/21/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Charging cancellation fee because I was told I did not cancel services within 30 days. I gave 3 mnth advanced notice.
Called 12/12, and spoke to ****** to cancel services and was told they couldn't take me out of the computer once I was in. After several minutes on the phone trying to have services canceled ****** said she would deactivate my record. She did not say anything about a cancelation charge. I told ****** the reason I no longer wanted their services was because Proz Pest Control kept coming to my house when we were not available. They would show up and just exterminate the front and sometimes the backyard and charge me $105 when they were supposed to also do the inside of the house. We had received a bill when I called to cancel and I asked to have someone come out on that Saturday since I had already paid for services I never recieved.

I explained again that I no longer wanted the services and to deactivate acct. ****** said ok. Then I received a call 1/14 stating they were coming out to treat my property. I called the next day and explained again that my account had been deactivated the month prior. ****** said that it was not in the computer however I had spoken to her to cancel it. She did not do her job and put the information in the computer. Then she proceeds to tell me I will be charged a cancelation fee since I was not giving one month notice. I explained that I had cancelled in December and that I would not pay the cancelation fee. 2/1 I received a bill for a cancelation fee. I called again and spoke to ****** and she would not let me speak to the manager and would not give me the managers full name. I told her I would not pay the cancellation fee. I have yet to recive a call from the manager.

I want the cancellation charge removed from my account.

Although we did not receive a 30 day cancellation letter, we've decided to remove the cancellation fee that was on the account leaving the customer with a balance of $0.00.

06/10/2013Billing / Collection Issues | Read Complaint Details

Pest Company was notified by me to not service my home until a specific date, date was ignored and Pest technician faslified records of service.
I was notified by pest company of service on a certain date in January. I called and requested a different date in February. I wanted to be present on day of service. They ignored the request. Unknown to me they serviced my home. I found the receipt on the door. The reciept had checked off what was serviced. What the technician claimed he serviced was impossible as I was not home, back gate to back yard was locked and no windows to treat in the front of my home. Techicians records indicated how much gallons of product was used which again is impossible based on how my home is built and positioned and what areas of the home the techinician claimed he treated. The company charged my bank account for $92 which overdrew my account which was the reason I requested a different date based on what bills were going to be paid on the original date they wanted to service and the fact that I was not going to be home as I travel with job and I wanted a saturday so that I could be home. I made formal compliant with company. They would not reimburse me for lack of service provided. I formally requested the company to no longer service my home. A month later I am sent another bill for $73.61 for breaking the contract. I understand contract breaks. Based on their poor service and lack of reason for the falsification of records, lack of reasons for why they cannot reimurbse me, this company is not recommended. I have copies of the falsified records and pictures of my home front and back to show there is no way the amount of product was used,areas they claim were treated and was all completed in 48 seconds which is on the recorded receipt.

I want to be refunded $92.00 + overdraft fee of $35.00 a total of $127 for falsification of service and ignoring request of when I wanted my home serviced. I also want the cancellation service fee's of $73.61 taken care of by the pest company. I understand paying for a contract break if I choose to cancel the program, however the pest company forced me to cancel due to their falsifing of service, ignoring my date of service and not reimbursing me when I made complaint. I have had this company servicing my home since June 2011 without complaint until recently this year because again they ignored my request of a different date, falsified the service and then would not reimburse for lack of service and causing an overdraft on my bank account because they ignored my request of a different date.

Dear *********,

I am so sorry to hear of your situation with our company. Falsification of documents is a very serious offense and would be grounds of being fired if a technician did this so I looked back on the records that we have and this is what I have found out.

According to the GPS units that we have in all of the truck the technican arrived at your home and the ignition was shut off at 1:45pm. the ignition turned back on at 1:59pm and the truck stared moving at 2:01pm. So the technician was there for appox. 15 min.

I checked up on the actual service ticket and it said that the gate was locked. So no service was preformed in the back yard. On average the technician used 5-6 gallon of products on a home. On your invoice it says that he used 3 gallons which would be about right. The other products of intice for your lawns and amount of sticky traps match up as well.

Even though these aspects of the service match to what our technicians should be doing to provide our customers with a good service our customer service did make a mistake in not switching your appointment around. We want to do everything we can to fix the mistake by taking care of any fianance fees that were charged to your account. Also service your home on a date that is best for you and provide that service for free as well as credit your account $50 to show that we truely are sorry for the scheduling error on our part.

Unfortunately I have no way of looking at this mix up but I am sure you realize that mistakes happen once in a blue moon. It shows that this was the first mistake that was ever made on your account in almost 2 years and I am positive that it would be the last. I have made notes under your account. Please feel free to contact our office if you have any other questions.

There has been no resolution to this complaint. They continue to bill me for canceling the contract because I was dissatified with the service, falsifying records of service, ignoring my request of a date to service and charging me full price for not servicing my property fully. They have agreed to credit my account $50 so if they can credit me $50, they can add an additional $25.00 and pay for my cancelling of the contract. I do not trust company anymore and now I know why they require a contract so they can do halfway do a job, charge full price and then stick you with a bill when you cancel. They are threatening to file with credit bureau. Which is not right. Please make them make this right or I will go further with this issue.

11/08/2012Problems with Product / Service
03/10/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

had contract for 4 sevice calls with proz.I had to call them back out because of poor service. they informed me i had to give them 30 day notice
proz called and emailed me to schedule service at my residence and i told them i had completed my contract and i did not want their service and they said i needed to give them 30 day notice even without contract. the cancel appointment and then re-scheduled 3 weeks later and i e-mailed them back(would not answer phone) stating not to schedule any service to this address. they came out even with that e-mail. I feel i am not libial for any bill since they came out after i told them not to come. I feel they feel they can ramrod their clients(or former) and collect without prior agreement to do the services. I kept the e-mails from them and my replies. *******

not libel for bill