Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 02/20/2012

Green Guard Pest Control, Inc.

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 0 closed in last 12 months

07/08/2013Advertising / Sales Issues | Read Complaint Details

Sales person said the materials they use should kill all harmful pest they list on their contract/website.
Sales person of the green guard is very smart to fool me and put me in contract and as soon I'm on contract sales person never came to my address to check how the product is working.

Their Invoice says many thing about what they used but, I'm not seeing any results. Day by day I'm finding more deadly spiders inside the house and today I found Black Widow Spider and they did not bother to come and fix it. I contacted over phone and web and no response.

I want to be out of contract and refund for all changes.

Mr. ********* mentioned being fooled into signing a contract with us. This is not the case. Any customers starting a one year contract are given all the information up front. We offer customers a $100 discount if they sign up for a one year service contract with our company. Our contract is only one paragraph (11 sentences long) with the one year agreement clearly stated in the first sentence in bold lettering and larger font. It is our customer's choice whether they accept the discount in exchange for an annual service or not. In addition, Mr. ********* expressed being frustrated that the sales rep never followed up after he signed up for service. Our sales reps are responsible only for setting up service with new customers. If customers have any concerns or frustrations we are happy to resolve them here in the office and invite customers to call or email us anytime so that we might do so. Our contact information is provided at the very top of the contract that all our customers receive. In order to keep our customers happy we also offer absolutely free re-treatments anytime pest activity is higher than normal and will continue to schedule free re-treatments until the problem is resolved. The statement on the contract reads as follows, "If pest difficulties arise between regularly scheduled services, just contact us at (214) 469-2100 and a licensed qualified service technician will treat troubled areas at NO EXTRA CHARGE."

To address Mr. *********'s claim that he contacted us and we never responded, this is not accurate. We received 2 emails from Mr. ********* on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 after 5pm. We close our office at 5 pm so we were not aware of his emails until the next business day (Wednesday 6/26/12). When we read the emails on Wednesday we immediately called Mr. ********* to schedule a free re-treatment to take care of his spider problem. We discussed his concerns and scheduled to have a free re-treatment on Thursday, June 27, 2013 in the late afternoon. This morning (Thursday 6/27/13) we received an email from the BBB stating that Mr. ********* had made a complaint about our company on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013 before were even able to receive his emails and resolve any issues. We are confused because in Mr. *********'s complaint submitted on Tuesday to the BBB said that he wants to cancel his contract yet he has subsequently scheduled us to come back for free today, and still he has requested to have his money refunded for 2 services preformed dating back to 4/4/13.

In order to show effort to resolve this situation Green Guard will still perform the free scheduled treatment today and we are willing to overlook any cancellation penalties for early termination. We cannot however refund money for services that have already been performed.

04/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Continuing to come to house to spray without verbal or written confirmation. Using lack of a response as a "Go-Ahead".
My wife noticed that we were getting our house sprayed even though I had told these people that I had lost my job due to budget cuts and was forced to cancel the contract two months ago.

They claimed they called and left a message, however, I never called them back. I might have got the message but it never registered on my phone so that I didn't know I needed to check it. This is irrelevant though.

They decided that without any verbal or written confirmation that they would come to the house and go ahead and spray. This is a foolish practice. I didn't realize they were still going to come because they said they were putting a "note in the system" and that they would call later to see if I wanted to start back up.

However, there are a good number of reasons why someone might not be able to call them back. What if I was in the hospital? What if I was out of state (which I am at the moment) and thus had poor reception at best? What if I had lost the house or moved?

Answer, they would still come, charge me for the service that I was no longer under contract for, then smile and say well we didn't get a response so it is as good as a go ahead.

I tried to get these people to stop once before. I thought they understood because they didn't come out for a couple months. This is my second attempt at the effort to get them to stop. They decided that they are going to charge me anyway for the service I told them I didn't want, because they claim they "have no record of me requesting them to stop service". This is unacceptable.

In Texas there is a automatic no trespassing law. That law might not hold due to the original contract signed. However, now the contract has expired. Entering a property without one's expressed permission is illegal.

This company is a perfect example of how the various companies in todays society have started stepping all over the people that they are supposed to be providing services or goods for. Customer service is a thing of the past, and quality in products is a thing of the past. Now it is all about how much they can charge people to screw them over. That is what this company is doing.

If I had a dental appointment, my dentist wouldn't just set up a reoccuring appointment without at least having the curtesy to call before the appointment and verble confirmation. If they don't get it a day prior to the appointment than the appointment is considered canceled. This company doesn't care if it gets a response or not. It takes no response the same way a drag race car driver takes a green light on a race track.

I am not satisfied with the way they do buisness and I wanted to forewarn anyone considering to use them to reconsider. You will get stuck with them and they will just keep coming.

I want them to quit coming to my house. I want them to quit charging me for the spraying when I didn't respond. A decient company would have canceled the service, called their service personel back and not charged me for that days work since they only just got started when I called. I have come to realize the hard way, that like so many other companies, this isn't a decient company.

On 3/26/13 Mr. ****** called our office and was upset because his wife told him that she saw our technician servicing the home. He told us that he had previously canceled his service. I looked up his account in our database and explained that I didn't have any notes about him canceling his service. Because of this I asked him if he had an email from Green Guard confirming that he canceled his services, something we provide our customers if they cancel. He said no and that this was besides the point. He let us know that he was upset that we came to his house to do service without a verbal confirmation. I then explained that this is how we have always done service, for all of our customers. We call all available contact phone numbers for our customers a few days prior to service. If no one answers we proceed to leave a voicemail notifying the customer of the upcoming scheduled service. We then tell customers that if they need anything serviced inside, or if they need to schedule a specific time, to call us back, otherwise we go ahead and service the outside pest barriers. We make sure that unless told otherwise the outside of the customers home is serviced because we are liable to all of our customers in between their regular services to come back for free if problems arise. This makes it important to service people within the month of their service schedules. All of our customers are on a regular service schedule. When anyone first sets up service with us they choose a service schedule (alternate monthly, or quarterly) and we do regular pest service until asked to discontinue. Mr. ****** was on a quarterly service with us. This was Mr. ******'s 7th service with our company. So at this point he would have been very familiar with our scheduling system. We called Mr. ****** on 3/22/13 at 9:25 am to remind him of his regular quarterly service on 3/26/13. This gave him 4 days advance notice to call us back and let us know if he didn't want us to come to his home.

When we received Mr. ******'s call on 3/26/13 I was under the impression that our technician had already completed his service. This is why we charged for the service from 3/26/13. I did not realize that our technician was still servicing at the time this call had taken place. I'm not sure why somebody at the home did not ask the technician to not do the service if it was unwanted. Our technician informed us that when he performed the service on 3/26/13, someone inside the house saw him from a window and closed the blinds and never came outside to speak with him. Regardless of what happened, as of 3/29/13 we have credited back the amount charged for the service performed on 3/26/13 to Mr. ******. It may take a few days for the credit to appear on Mr. ******'s bank account. We hope that this will evidence our desire to do good business and all that we can to meet our customers expectations. Furthermore, Mr. ******'s account has been cancelled out and we have emailed him a cancellation confirmation. We sincerely apologize for any frustration experienced in this situation.

08/14/2012Problems with Product / Service