BBB Accredited Business since 03/17/2014

Wise Moving Co.

2 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

12/29/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

The crew did not meet the standards set out.
Problem date 10/07/2015 Moving from 536 Briaroaks dr,LakeDallas TX TO 2459 EMBLETON DR, LEWISVILLE TX that's about 10 miles away. The crew did not meet the standards set out.

The crew arrived TIRED due to what they relayed to us of an 18 hour move the day before.That ate up time in our move since this Wise moving company sent us very tried 2 man crew.As we all know how tried we would be if we had worked a 18 hour shift.

I ended up helping by move items close to the truck to help and when we arrived at our new home I told movers to just put everything in garage except the Sofa set,3 beds and dressers and washer and dryer to help since they were tried.
I had even sold some items before moving like refridge and dinning table ect. so less items to move.
We even shrink wrap almost all our furniture and had everything boxed ready to go, we brought everything downstairs to garage except the 3 beds to make it a quicker move.
Since we move often we can calculate an approximate costs or time frame and expect charges from movers to be within reason. As expressed in our conversation we feel the charge for moving our home is artificially inflated caused by tired movers.

We would like some Refund due to the fact of the crew arriving tried to start the move which added hours to the move. On the positive, damage to our furniture was very minimal.
Based on our previous hires I usually give a 4-5 hour block for the move including distance from destination to destination but as expressed through our conversation .(They worked FROM 8:30-3:30)
Paid with MC $525.
Bad business sending us 2 very tried crew.

We spoke to and emailed Pam about this issue and Jessica Watrous responded to our email.. (*****,

I apologize that you felt your move took longer than was necessary. Our crews are hard working and we take great pride in that. As far as the amount of time your move took there are many factors to consider. Amount of belongings, disassembly/reassembly of belongings, distance and stairs.
Stairs play a large part in the amount of time it takes to move. If there is just one flight of stairs with most items going upstairs including heavy items such as a washer/dryer then it can easily add 1 to 2 hours onto a move your size.

At this time I am not authorized to give a discount on the services rendered. The rate type that was chosen was hourly. With hourly moves the pricing is based on how long the crews are working on the customers move. We do not charge drive time to and from our dispatch yard like 80% of the moving companies in DFW so that helps the customer with some cost.

Once again I apologize that our crew did not meet your standards and we understand if you feel you would not use our company again.

We wish you the best in your future moving.

Warmest Regards,

Jessica W.
Wise Moving Co.
wisemovingco.com
214-307-2765
800-206-2967

I would feel ok if we paid for 5 hours at $75 hour instead of what we paid 7 hours. Asking for a refund of $150. Which is fair.

Contact Name and Title: Jessica
Contact Phone: 2143072765
Contact Email: jessica@wisemovingco.com
Mrs. *****,

Our crews work very hard. With hourly moves time is not guaranteed. I am sorry you felt that the move took 2 more hours then you felt it should. We would like to move forward and credit you for 1 hour at $75. The time estimate that was given to you for your move was between 4-6 hours. This would make only one hour over the estimated time given to you.

Happy Holidays and we look forward to hearing from you.

I to would like to move ahead. But i was not complaining about the hours but about the fact that the men arrived tried from the start to do our move which had a impact on the amount of time it took them to move us.

04/11/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Wise moving damaged my property.
On 9/29/2015 we hired Wise Moving. During our move I told the movers our refrigerator would not fit through the front door of our house without removing the refrigerator doors, and I asked that they remove the doors. They didn't remove the doors, and the refrigerator was dented in three places in the process.
The damage wasn't accidental and it could have been avoided if the movers removed the doors as I specified. I filled out a claim form from Wise Moving and was offered $165, but I had to spend $332.31 to replace the dented door, and I still have a dent in the side of the refrigerator.
I called to discuss this with someone at Wise and never received a return call from anyone willing to discuss the my damages.
I'm now asking Wise Moving to refund the cost of the damages they caused to the door (I'm not asking to be compensated for the dent they caused in the side of the refrigerator) in the amount of $332.31
*** *******

I'm asking to be compensated for the damages Wise Moving caused in the amount of $332.31.

At this time we cannot give you the amount requested due to the following. You contacted your bank telling them services were not rendered and had your whole move amount, a little over $1000, taken back. We have presented out contracts and signed documents to the credit card processor and the current case has not been closed. Wise Moving has emailed you numour times to explain this. We cannot give you money with an on going dispute charge from your bank.

Wise Moving's response is incorrect, please see the attached.

***Document Attached***
We are sorry you do not feel that you are receiving the amount you are wanting. If you will please see the attached policy and liability for our company and read page 3, number 18. You received this document when you received your settlement offer months ago.

We do not cover dents or scratches to appliances. Due to this policy Wise Moving Company is not obligated to pay for dents and scratched to your fridge but we wanted to offer you something because you were our customer and we do our best to take care of our customers. Since you did not contact TXDMV (for mediation, which is in your settlement offer) or our office by email to discuss that you did not agree to the dollar amount offered until after you had contacted your credit card company to reverse the entire move amount we cannot negotiate another dollar amount. The amount of time and money it took to dispute your claim, of "services not rendered", which the services were rendered and signed for by yourself, to correct this dispute has cost greatly. We are very sorry that you are not happy with your settlement and we wish that the correct avenues were used to dispute the amount. We cannot offer you any more in regards to this claim.

The assumptions made in Wise Moving's response is incorrect. I did email a mediation request form to TXDMV at *********@txdmv.gov on November 15, 2015. I have not followed up on that submission because I didn't realize it would be this difficult to get Wise to take responsibility for the the damages they caused. Also, I called Wise Moving's office to try to resolve this before ever contacting my credit card company. Wise never returned my calls, and that is why I asked my credit card company for assistance. It was only when I contacted my credit card company that I received a response from Wise.

Movers, Piano & Organ Moving, Movers - Office, Relocation Service, Moving Assistance - Packing, Unpacking, Organizing, Moving Supplies, Moving & Storage Company, Moving Services - Labor & Materials