Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 05/13/2013

Seedsturf, LLC

07/03/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

JM Landscaping was hired to install sod Bermuda at my rental property of ******************., Plano, TX on 4/27 at agreed price of $400 (partial patch). The yard was equipped with sprinkler system. I also applied water variation to the City of Plano, which was approved (4/25 to 6/11). My tenant watered the yard according to JM recommendation reported by my property manager Mrs. Grace Wang.Mrs. Wang took some photos on the same day (4/27) as sod grass was installed, which showed the sod grass was brownish. I forwarded the photos to Jesse ****** (operations manager of JM Landscaping) on 4/29 complaining the poor quality of their product. Mr. ****** replied, You have to water it the will start turning green. Please water it every day for the next 2 weeks. Like any other plant the grass will need water as well.10 days after the sod grass was installed, Mrs. Wang sent me another batch of photos on 5/9, which did not show any progress. I forwarded photos to Mr. ****** on 5/10. Mr. ****** replied, I just stopped by the property in Aqua vista, everything look just fine, it seems like they have been watering enough. But it will start growing more soon, I added a little of starter to help the process.18 days after the sod grass installation, Mrs. Wang sent me another batch of photos on 5/15. I forwarded the photos to Mr. ****** on 5/16. In my email, I requested JM to come up with a mitigation plan to resolve the dispute (replacing the dead sod by green live sod), in compliance with business ethics. Mr. ****** replied, I will be more than glad to stop by this afternoon for the third time. Last time I was there I took pictures and it seems like everything was fine. We gave clear instructions about watering to Mrs wang. It's rare to see sod dying.Not hearing from Mr. ******, I sent him another email on 5/21 stated, I am reiterating here again, as I requested in the email to you on 5/16. I demand JM to replace all dead sod grass by new sod grass with reasonable quality before 31st of May. As a consumer, I reserve all rights of seeking for remedy under applicable law. There is no response from JM Landscaping ever since.
Product_Or_Service: Sod Burmuda

JM Landscaping cheated on customer by providing brownish dead looking sod Bermuda, and refused to make any corrections in resolving the dispute. Therefore I am seeking for a refund of $250 to recover the damages.

Good morning Mr ***

I tried to contact Mrs. **** (Property Manager) a few times and she didn't return my call.

After our last conversation I did stop by two times and took some pictures. I asked the tenant living there how often they were watering and she said they were watering according to regulations at that time which was two times per week. The instructions I gave you were to water every day because it was a new sod. This watering exception can be granted if you contact the association. Nevertheless, the grass was not being watered properly. And still doesn't look healthy today which is a sign of bad maintenance by the tenant.

I send you some pictures taken in May. The Bermuda grass was not dead at all. It turned a little brown like any other bermuda sod could do so. It takes a little time for it to expand the roots. The other factor is proper watering which was not being met if it was only done twice a week at the time.

Also sent you some picture we took this morning and looks ok.

Let me know how can we met your expectations, we are here to serve you.

I would like to meet you if is possible to solve this matter.

Refund from the respondent has been received. The complainant accepted the settlement.

seedsturf.llc
Never made business with him.
He is mentioning JM landscaping not seedsturf.llc

Landscape Contractors, Christmas Lights & Decorations, Mulches, Lawn Mowers, Fertilizers, Tree Service - Pruning, Tree Service, Lawn Maintenance