In Dallas and Northeast Texas

Lucky Lawn & Landscape LLC

10/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Services resulted in additional damage (exp. Damaged product during shipping)

Complaint: Luck Lawn Service damaged my trees & roses by unauthorized severe pruning during water restrictions
The owner was informed when I hired his company that my trees were not to be pruned or damaged by his crew. I also informed him that I was specifically hiring his service because the previous service had a habit of pruning when ever they felt like it.
He agreed and promised me that his crew were not going to damage the trees or prune them. He said he understood that I hired an arborist to prune.
Today in the middle of August, with water restrictions his crew decided to severely prune my trees. This was done with out permission. I work at home and the crew did no even take a moment verify what the customer wanted.
The trees were pruned by amateurs not a qualified arborist, I hire arborist to periodically prune my trees. The cuts are raw and ragged, the ends of the cuts have not been sealed leaving the trees open to disease.
August during water restrictions with a drought is not the time to prune.
The pecan tree has been pruned so that I have lost 1/4 of my crop.
My bald cypress has been pruned above the height of my head.
My red bud has been unattractively pruned. I have lost 1/4 of the blooming branches if the tree survives.
The trees have unattractive cuts, crude saw marks and ugly branch remnants or stumps. My bird feeders set on stumpy limbs freshly amputated limbs.
The detritus has been dumped on the curb. I will have to arrange to have the tree limbs picked up unless the crew comes and removes them.
These three trees are now at risk from unnecessary stress at the height of the drought and August heat.
My Reve d"or rose bush was also severely pruned and is at risk of disease and now next years roses will be severely limited.
This is exactly the situation I discussed with the owner when I hired his team. I am furious at the damage that has been done.
Damage assessment:
Pecan tree diameter 21 inches over 15 limbs were cut the largest being 7 inches in diameter.
Red Bud is 16 inches in diameter, 12-14 limbs were removed the largest being 5 inches in diameter.
The Bald Cypress is 36 inches in diameter, about 20 limbs were cut and the largest was 6 inches in diameter.
1/4 Quarter of my Reve de"or rose was hacked off.

07/25/2012Problems with Product / Service

Landscape Contractors, Irrigation Systems & Equipment, Lawn & Garden Sprinkler Systems, Gutter Cleaning, Drainage Contractors, Lawn Maintenance, Landscape Designers, Landscape Maintenance