BBB Accredited Business since 06/12/2012

Love Your Lawn

5 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 1 closed in last 12 months

06/23/2016Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

We were promised landscape design services that have not been delivered.
On April 1, 2016 we met with Nick at our home to discuss our landscaping needs. We indicated what we wanted and that we wanted it done by the end of May. Nick suggested that we pay a deposit of $600 to work with a designer, which would be refundable as part of the landscape when we agreed on a design. We agreed to do this and wrote a check for $600. It cleared our bank on 4/4/2016.

We did not hear from a designer and finally, my husband Brady called and tracked someone down. We agreed to meet Amanda at the house on 4/15/2016. Amanda arrived at our house and we discussed what we needed and wanted in the design.

We finally heard from Amanda again with the design and agreed to meet April 25. She texted me and asked if we could meet the 26th. She then texted me on the 26th and asked if we could meet on the 27th. We were finally able to meet on the 28th. We looked at the plans, I made some requested changes and asked for an estimate.

On May 3rd , I followed up and than again on May 5th for the estimate and received it. Still no finalized design. I then spent the next 7 days trying to contact Amanda. On May 12th I called and left a message. I was told by Carlos via email that Amanda was no longer with the company. He did not have the electronic version of anything and had to recreate it apparently.

I phoned love your lawn and asked to speak with a manager and was sent to Carlos. I received a drawing based on he was able to find. It is incomplete and does not take into account the changes we need to have made. Nor have I received a new estimate. He sent an email yesterday saying that he was working on it, again. I sent an email to Carlos this morning indicating that I wanted our money back. I have also asked Carlos for our money back.

We will not be able to get the work completed by our deadline of the end of May at this point. The design is incomplete and not what we requested. Our plans STILL have to go through our HOA. We came to love your lawn in plenty of time to get the work done that we have requested. Our deposit needs to be returned to us immediately. I expect to see it tomorrow via fedex.

We want our $600.00 refunded immediately.

The lady purchased a design.
Our current Designer was having Family issues.
We hired another one to pick up the slack.

We did keep in contact with the family.
Her concern was not having the new landscape
in by the end of May Holiday.

However the Design was completed.
Landscaping was installed.
All before the Holiday.
We even offered a discount because of her
awesome patience.

Thanks Again

I wanted the design I paid for and the landscaping complete by June 3, never said the holidays. I spent over $10,000 on this landscaping, and could have very easily taken the design to a different company but stuck with Love your Lawn.

When the project was finished, I received a text requesting a walk through on the final landscaping, at which time I was asked by the project manager (with whom I had never spoken) to say that I "made a mistake" when I filed this complaint, that I had the wrong company. I declined that offer.

The landscaping is complete - that is the best that I can say.

06/09/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Damaged Lawn after weed treatment!
Stewart came out to treat our yard for weeds. The day after he treated several areas started turning brown. One week later the areas were completely DEAD. I called LYL, and talked directly to Stewart and he said that nothing he did could have damaged the yard like that. He came out to inspect and tried to tell us that it was dying because our yard was compacted. But it only died in some areas and others within the same area are still green.
They refused to take any responsibility for the damage to our yard, when it is very obvious that it was them. You can see dead areas where the spray was sprayed in an arc.

We also had several issues when they would come to mow and edge. I asked if the mowers used an edger or weedeater, I was assured that an edger was being used. On 6/4/14, my wife witnessed them using a weedeater to edge. It was at this point that we decided to cease our service contract with them.

I am asking for a full refund of all the weed control service, and help restoring the areas that LYL killed.

05/30/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Poor quality of sod for job contract to replace my
front lawn. Was told give it some time for brown sod to green up.
When my sod for front yard was installed, a good amount of it was brown. I expressed this to the representative that came out, ******* and was told to give it a couple of weeks-4 weeks to be exact. After that time I recontacted them and requested someone to visit so we could discuss. Again, was told to give it 2 more weeks. After now, 6 weeks, very little improvement to the brown sod. They agreed to replace it. The replacement sod looked even more brown than the original. In addition, it appeared that someone suddenly abandoned the job, leaving pieces of sod strewn over my yard, my neighbors yard and a machete was left laying in my
yard, about 3 feet from the sidewalk. The replacement sod was roughly "installed", pieces over lapping each other, not flush or butted against the adjacient sod, gaps between pieces. Very poor quality work. I cleaned up the yard, called the company to state the condition I found my lawn. Approximately 30 minutes later, a couple of employees came by to reclaim the machete. I expressed my continued disappointment to the same ******* that had visited my property twice before.
Later received call back from same ******* stating they would have fresh sod the next day and would replace. I requested a call to inform me of when they planned to replace, so I could make arrangements to be on site due to prior expierence. Two days later, I phone to get status, was put on phone with *******, who informed me he had already been out and replaced sod. When I arrived home, yes sod was replaced, some improvement in freshness. But installation still poor. Again, not flush, overlapping, I found a piece of rope exposed about 8 inches long coming from under a piece of sod, when I pulled it out it was about 20 inches long. I have attempted to work with this company to complete my yard with quality product and workmanship to no avail.
I have contacted ******* again and left word for the owner/manager again to contact me to come out to visit the site to see if we can get to resolution. It has been a week since my first request to the owner, again today, nothing.

I want to have all dead/brown sod replaced and installed with fresh quality sod in a professional manner. I want my warranty extended/to begin with the date the replacement sod is installed.

The grass Mr. ******** has purchased is a specialty grass. This grass actually has a patent. Their is only 2 grass outlets in the Dallas Area that even sells this grass. You also must buy an entire pallet at a time. If it rains at the actual sod farm they will not cut grass and stock the Grass Outlets. So with this being said, getting our hands on the grass is already a challenge. We did replace those 9 individual squares of sod grass. However Mr. ******** wants those redid or replaced. It has never been an issue of whether we would or not. The Issue has been no communication by ******* our Project Manager. He should of kept Mr. ******** informed. I know how aggravating it must have been.

Proposed Resolution: We will replace the sod squares to Mr. ********'s specifications. He can deal directly with the owner for the logistics. We will extend the warranty out 1 year for the total yard not just the new pieces. Offer an apology for the lack of communication and the way it was handled. We will also like to send him to a steakhouse on us.
What I would like is Mr. ******** to agree to withdraw this complaint in its entirety from the BBB and Angies List both.

06/18/2015Problems with Product / Service
09/16/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased new sow but all I got was discolored/dead sow
I paid $1000.00 for re-sowing my back yard and all I got was all discolored dead sow. I have followed all necessary instructions from Justin and I was told that everything will turn green within two months. So after two months my lawn was still in same band condition. I called Justin but he was no longer with the company and I spoke to **** from their warranty department. This is where it gets even worst. He told me that he will come out and assess my back yard for possible solution. However, he never came out to fix the problem. I have called this company numerous times but **** hasn't returned my call nor made any visit to my house. **** from the warranty department specifically told me that they get many pallets of sow from their vendor and I am sure they didn't take care of them. It's like I purchased a brand new car but with hail damage. My back yard is UGLY. I was expecting full green yard this summer but instead I am looking at what it was before this whole ordeal with this company. I am still waiting a call back from **** but I don't know when that might so I am taking the next proper steps.

I want them to either fix or replace all discolored/dead sow. I paid full $1000.00 expecting green sow and not anything else.

The customers grass is not as green as it should be. The grass needs fertilizer and water. As a good gesture we have offered Mr. *** some complimentary fertilization services. We also agreed that more water and a higher cutting level would also be beneficial. We are keeping an eye on the progress.

Landscape Contractors, Stone Setting, Christmas Lights & Decorations, Landscape Lighting, Lawn Maintenance