BBB Accredited Business since 02/13/2012

Lumart Air Conditioning & Heating

09/10/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

This company is in a conspiracy with First American Home Buyers Protection of California. First American is one of the many subsidiaries of FATCO.
In this conspiracy, First American Home Buyers Protection uses low level bottom feeders such as Lumart HVAC of Dallas TX. to examine your warrantied appliance, give you one receipt with no notice of error in the claim and furnish First American with a different version. Your claim is then denied based on the second report that you don't see before it's submitted. If these cheat companies receive a kick back from First American for saving them money is unknown, but for the bottom feeder unprofessional service contractors to do this service for First American's $65. evaluation charge seems unlikely. I can only warn to stay away from First American Home Buyers protection and Lumart of 11126 Shady Trail Suite 115 Dallas TX.

To repair the AC compressor under the warranty that I have paid for for several years without ever making a claim, that was denied because Lumart lied about the condition of the equipment that was judged in good shape by A#1 Air of Dallas, a reputable company that has done yearly service on the compressors for several years but was denied access to doing the compressor repair by First American. First American only uses the low life contractors they can manipulate.

I've tried to contact Lumart several times with a busy signal, my number is probably blocked, and have left a message with no response.

Unfortunately, We were unable to respond to your e-mail because of our systems being down.
On August 8,2015 we received a work order from First American to service the home owners unit.
On August 9,2015 we arrived at the residence and checked the unit at that point is when we found that the compressor was grounded and the home owner told us that he replaced the capacitor to the compressor.
On August 10,2015 we called the diagnostic in to First American. After giving them our diagnostic they denied the home owner a new compressor because before the home owner called First American he worked on the unit and isn't licensed to do so.
According to The Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation you CANNOT perform any type of work/repair in or on any units without a valid license.
Attached is the work order received on the 8th of August.

I have been replacing the capacitors on my AC units for 30 years. I have 3 years ago at the recommendation of A#1 air installed a kickstarter to help the compressor last as long as it has. A#1 air visited my home shortly after the visit by Lumart and the relay and kickstarter that have been on the unit for 3 years are working fine and they approved the replacement of the capacitor and the installationof it. They said that a 22 year old unit lasted this long only by my due diligence of maintenance. Normally a unit in Texas lasts 12~15 years. mine lasted 22. While on the phone with First American to schedule a repair request, I sited the long list of complaints on Lumart on the YELP website. First American said they did have a lot of complaints but "doesn't everyone". Lumart has complaints becase they are stooges for First American, their goal is to deny repair and replacement to keep on the First American call list. Avoid both of these firms. I immediately switched to 'Choice' Home Warranty out of New Jersey where the name says it all. You choose the repair company. They approve the choice and you decide if it's acceptable. If what Lumart writes is true then why is First American sending another service company out to check on Lumart's evaluation. Why did Lumart give my wife a work order that the new compressor would be installed in 2 business days then turn in a completely different evaluation to First American? Lumart are bottom feeding scum bags that you should, avoid! avoid! avoid!

First of all the Homeowner does not have a license to perform any repair on the unit. That is why the Home Warranty denied the claim.BBB should check with TDLR,for further information on who may perform any type of work or repair on ac units/ 2 ton systems and above.

The company didn't offer a resolution, It's the same response over and over. I am beginning to not trust the BBB as the complaints against this company are long in the YELP directory yet the BBB has nothing? Seems to be a disconnect here.

Copied from YELP, Dallas TX. Sept. 7th 2015.

These are the worst, they LIE. They said to my wife, we'll have the compressor installed in 2 days and gave her a work order, then they submitted a completely different evaluation to First American that gave First American an out from preforming the service. They can refuse service even if you change the thermostat on the wall; not kidding!

Avoid like they have Ebola.

jimmy b.

jimmy b.
Frisco, TX

3 friends
16 reviews

7/6/2015

Run away from this company. They are lousy and lazy. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy. Trust the reviews you see here. They're all correct. Shame on Total Protect for sending them to my house.

******** **

******** **
Allen, TX

7 friends
17 reviews

4/10/2013

Run far, far away! This company was assigned to our heating problem via a home warranty in March. The heating system had been previously repaired by another company just a few weeks prior. The technician from Lumart fixed it quickly - apparently the first technician had failed to properly re-affix the door of the unit when finishing his repair, and when the door came loose again, the safety features of the unit caused it to shut off.

The Lumart technician then told me that I would not be liable for the $60 service fee, because the first company had done shoddy work. Imagine my surprise when I received a bill from the home warranty company demanding the $60 fee! When I called the home warranty company to explain, Lumart contacted the technician, who denied ever saying that to me. This company is dishonest and should not be used by any responsible homeowner.

*** **

*** **
Lewisville, TX

0 friends
5 reviews

8/14/2013

This rinky dink service is the worst! Showed up 2.30 hrs late, changed the story about my repairs 4 times. Tried to over charge me. First American didn't want to cover AC unit so they changed the story to say LUMART didn't even check to see if the Freon was leaking even though it was. BOTH are ripoff companies and I will never do business with them again! BEWARE!!!

Grand Prairie, TX

0 friends
1 review

8/11/2011

TERRIBLE SERVICE!!!!!!

I had to use them with our home warranty company with First American... They are crooks, the service tech told me if I can get you a whole new machine for the same price would I be OK with that since my warranty company would pay for it..... We were without A/C for 7 days when it was 97 in the DFW area. I had to find the part for them as they said they could not. They did not arrive at our house when they said they would to fix it and did not make a courteous call to let us know they were going to be 3 hours late. Also, they told my warranty company I did not pay my service fee when they cashed my check.

DON'T EVER USE THEM!!!

***** **

***** **
Mansfield, TX

7 friends
8 reviews

9/26/2011

Horrible experience. Even with a home warranty they wanted to charge me another $400 on top of everything. Wanted to charge me $250 for a $35 fiberglass leveling pad. I hope this place goes out of business so they can stop raping the metroplex.

Allen, TX

48 friends
14 reviews

7/6/2010
First to Review

Bad experience

Was this review ...?

BBB readers, I rest my case. The BBB Dallas seems to either not be contacted, fail to include the reviews, or worse, allow members to skate. The BBB reports NO complaints for the last 3 years yet YELP is rife with them. What goes?

** ******* *******
PS. anybody up for a class action?

Heating & Air Conditioning, Heating Equipment & Systems Cleaning & Repair, Air Conditioning Repair, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential, Heating Contractors, Air Conditioning Contractors & Systems