BBB Accredited Business since 10/26/2009

Fred's Garage Door & Opener Inc.

06/24/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Fred's installed a new garage door about two months ago. There was damage to the lower panel. He refused to make the repair.
Fred's installer installed a new garage door about two months ago. My truck cargo rail hit the garage door and damaged the lower panel. I called Fred and he told me its not his installers fault and he was not going to make the repair to the lower panel for free. I got another garage door company to make the repairs. The owner/tech told me that Fred's installer did not adjust the pressure senor to the garage door opener so this was the cause of the accident.

I would like Fred to reimburse me $275 which was the cost of the repair of the lower panel.

On 05/21/14 Mr ****** called my Company stated that he had hit the garage door with his cargo rack. I set up an appointment so I could go see the damage. 10 minutes later he calls me back and tells me that he doesn't have any money to get it repaired and he wants the repair for Free. I told him that I would have to see the garage door to assess the damage, he did not want me to go to his home if I was going to charge him, he wanted the repair done for free. He asked me if I warranty my work and I told him that I do warranty my work as long as you don't hit the door with your car. The home owner said that the garage door stopped a few inches from the top not clearing the opening and that is why he hit the garage door panel. The home owner installed his own opener and my company did not have anything to do with the opener. The garage door has been working fine for 2 months if there was anything we did wrong he would have had problems from day one from our installation of the garage door. Now he is changing his story that the opener pressure sensor force was not adjusted correctly. The pressure sensor does not have anything to do with the garage door stopping a few inched from the top clearance. I told him if you hit the garage door with your car that you are responsible to repair it and not to expect me to fix for free. I also told him to check with his car and home insurance to cover for repairs.

The cause of the incident was professionally verified by another garage door company. They made the repairs, they told me the installation of the garage door was done improperly because Fred's install tech did not adjust the pressure switches during the installation.

Obviously, Fred does not care about customer service after the sale so obviously any future potential customers should think twice if they chose Fred's for any work. It's his company, I guess he doesn't care about his company going down the toilet after poor ratings on Yelp, Angie's List, YP, Yahoo and now the BBB.

Garage Doors & Openers, Garage Door Repair, Door & Gate Operating Devices