Casa Bella Furniture

08/03/2015Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Purchased false advertised furniture set - Purchased more expensive replacement furniture set- two months later no furniture - please help.
Complaint Involves - CB Furniture - Grand Prairie, TX
Complaint date - 12/18/14 - 4/3/15
Complaint -
On 12/18/14, I purchased a furniture set for $558; which included a brown sofa and chair falsely advertised as suede like material when in fact it was more like a bean bag chair. When I requested a refund due to the clearly misleading ad, the store rep. told me it could not be refunded or returned. When I asked what my options were, I was told my only choice was to pick another set; which coincidentally anything better than bean bags would cost more than my original set. On 4/3/15, I finally paid $1575 more for another set which includes a sectional, ottoman and end-table. It's now been nearly two months later, I have not received any follow-ups, apologies or furniture for that matter. Please assist BBB.

Given that I have already purchased three separate sets with this company, you would think I could at least have the courtesy of a follow up call or some sort of make good offer; yet nothing. This is the worst recognition of customer loyalty I have ever seen. I request the complete set as soon as possible with a complete refund.

***Document Attached***
Hello. In effect, **** ***** originally purchased a sofa bed on 12/18/14 upholstered in suede as advertised on the manufacturer's catalog. On 4/3/15 he came let us know that he was unsatisfied by the low priced sofa bed so we let him exchange it for a different one even though our customer had them for over 3 months. We have many models showing but the customer again decided to special order a model out the catalog this time from Ashley Furniture. As you will see in the attached invoice, the customer was made aware that this was a special orders and he agreed and signed the policy. On 5-29, 6-2, 6-3 we called him on our recorded line and left voicemails each time because nobody answered. If you want to hear proof of this let us know. The customer finally called us on 6-5-15 to find out the status and we told him we have been trying to get a hold of him, although he didn't believe us. We finally arranged delivery for the next day and we offered him free delivery and setup even though the holdup for the merchandise is beyond our control and we must wait for Ashley to deliver us the merchandise first. If it is absolutly needed we can also provide you with the Receipt of when Ashley delivered us the merchandise. Keep in mind that our customer was still allowed to use the merchandise that was to be exchanged until the new sofas were delivered. So far the customer seems content because he has not called us and our delivery guys said he looked happy. Attached you will also find the delivery order. If you have any other questions or concerns let us know. Thanks!

Furniture - Retail, Office Furniture & Equipment, Home Electronics, Mattresses, Furniture - Childrens, Beds - Retail