Dallas and Northeast Texas

BBB Accredited Business since 04/01/1995

Ace Fence of DFW LTD

05/28/2014Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Damage caused to irrigation system, and failed to return to repair the damages caused by their personnel.
Damaged irrigation system while putting in a post, and failed to notify or return to repair the damages caused.

Come fix my irrigation system.

On May 5th, upon returning from vacation, I received the letter from the BBB dated April 25th. I sent a crew by on May 6th to see if they could locate the damaged irrigation line. They were unable to locate it so on the 7th I went by the customers house and left my contact information for him to call me so that we could set up a time to meet there and see if there was anything we could do to fix the line for them. The customer called me back on the 8th and stated that they had repaired the line themselves. Even though our contract with every customer states that we are not responsible for damage to underground utilities or irrigation lines, our crews will generally make simple repairs to irrigation lines when they are there and are aware that they've hit a line. Unfortunately, damages to lines underground are not always apparent and since the crew didn't repair it or report it, they apparently were unaware that they had hit an irrigation line.

Both my neighbor and I were their customers and I never received nor saw a contract. I was given a copy of the bid from my neighbor and told how much it was going to cost. The repairs were done because no response was given to my numerous attempts to reach them and have this problem resolved. There only time to reappear at my residence was only after a filing with the BBB. It is sad that it not only took me half a day to repair the damages caused by their company, and reset a poor post setting that crumbled when I dug for the irrigation line. But only after spending additional time trying to save other people from making the same mistake as me, will this company reach out to repair the damage their service caused.
Which brings me to another questions. What kind of service says they are not responsible for damages they cause, in a contract? A good company that cares about their customers happiness will not put in a shady clause, and then blow people off when they cause damage. I fear this is not the last time this complaint will be made against Ace Fence.

11/14/2012Guarantee / Warranty Issues

Fence Contractors, Fence - Sales, Service & Contractors, Gates, Ornamental Metal Work, Exterior Structures - Gazebos, Arbors, Pergolas, Patio & Deck Builders, Iron Work