In Dallas and Northeast Texas

Star Energy Conservation A/C

3 complaints closed with BBB in last 3 years | 2 closed in last 12 months

08/05/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Delayed completion of repair

Complaint: Air Conditioner not working for about 3 weeks called they said they would come and they have never showed up
Our Air Conditioner has not worked for 3 weeks they keep saying they would be here and they haven't showed up. I am till this day still waiting for them to show up and fix my air conditioner its 97 degrees outside and very hot in my house.

I'm was very surprise to received this complaint, since we had already schedule an appointment with this customer for 07/25/13 at 2:00 PM. Today at 2:00 the technicians went to Mrs. ******** home, he tested and checked the unit and found a valve with a leak, he repair the leak and put more Freon on the unit. I just talk to Mrs. ******** and she was satisfied with the work done and also agreed to retired the complaint they just made. I also wanted to make sure that you know that this unit was installed on 04/24/12 and the one year labor warranty was expired and we still send a technician to do service with no charge. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me.

01/25/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint: This company is doing services in the state of New Mexico without a license. I told they that I was going to put a bussiness in my house and they did'nt get a permit and I'ts been over a month they put the unit nor they have put any of the vents not filter jet. I also call them to tell them about my problesm that the unit was not working and they took about three weeks to come and fix it. We were without heater for 3 weeks and still my electrical bill came 226 dollars when they also said that the unit was energy saver. Also when I aplaid for the credit they never told me there was a 30 dollar fee so my new bill was 7030.00 instead of 7000.00 dollars.It is a company that we should not trust. They say that they are going to call you and fix the problem but it is been over a month and they have not fix anthing and I am getting behind on my payments.
Product_Or_Service: goodman
Order_Number: NOT GIVEN
Account_Number: NOT GIVEN

I just want to say that the company StarEnergy already fix all the problems that I had with them.
Problem solve. I'm happy now. Thank you Laura Padilla.

12/12/2013Problems with Product / Service | Read Complaint Details

Complaint Category: Improper or inferior service

Complaint: HVAC WILL NOT COOL. HAVE CALLED OWNER ABOUT PROBLEM BUT SO FAR NOTHING HAS BEEN DONE.
I CONTRACTED THE COMPANY ABOVE TO INSTALL A HVAC IN MY HOME. SINCE THE SUMMER STARTED I NOTICED THAT THE TEMPERATURE DOES NOT GO LOWER THAN 85 DEGREES EVEN WHEN IT IS ON ALL DAY. I HAVE CALLED REPEATEDLY AND TALKED TO THE OWNER ****** ****** WHOM HAS MADE FALSE PROMISES SHE WILL SEND SOMEONE DOWN TO FIX THIS PROBLEM. IT HAS COME DOWN TO A POINT WHERE I HAVE HAD TO HIRE A TECHNICHAN TO COME SEE WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE HVAC. HE SAID THAT THE AIR DUCT THE COMPANY PUT WAS NOT THE APPROPRIATE AND THE FAN INSTALLED IS ALSO TO SMALL ONE FOR THE SIZE OF THE HVAC INSTALLED. I KEPT ON CALLING BUT THE COMPANY HAS REJECTED MY CALLS.

We took so long to resolve this issue, because this customer is very hard to get in touch with. Our technician went to her house and fix the problem, as of now the HVAC system is cooling properly, We are coming back to her house this week because we are going to exchange one of the ducts for a metal duct that we had to get a person to make it, but the customer is satisfied with the work done.

Have not fully fixed HVAC. I have been paying to much electricity and the house has been hot the whole summer. Getting fustrated that they have been ignoring this problem. They sent someone over to fix it but he only did half the work because the company refuses to pay him

Complaint Resolution: Company agreed to arbitration in accordance with their BBB agreement, but the consumer declined.

Energy Audits, Energy Service Companies, Energy Management & Conservation Consultant, Energy Conservation Products & Services, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Commercial, Air Conditioning & Heating Contractors - Residential